> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Hajduk's Musical Forest
Hajduk
Sep 11 2013, 10:59 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin here goes smile.gif couple of mistakes I noticed but really taught me tons on vibrato and feel! Would of been sooner was teaching self defense classes unexpectedly all week!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Tomislav
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 12 2013, 09:18 AM
Instructor
Hey Tom!

It looks like you are progressing continuously man! biggrin.gif Congrats!

What I noticed - you tend to keep your thumb in the air - it should grab the upper part of the neck and thus help you with your bending and vibrato, which right now have an equal amount of wrist and finger action - we should eliminate the finger action wink.gif

I will make a little video for you regarding the thumb position and there's that lick which is still not ready - but, my thoughts would be that you should keep playing this one focusing on what I suggested and in the mean time we could also begin a drop tuning lesson - deal?

I was thinking about this one: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Metal-Metrics-4/

What say you?

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Sep 12 2013, 09:50 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 12 2013, 08:18 AM) *
Hey Tom!

It looks like you are progressing continuously man! biggrin.gif Congrats!

What I noticed - you tend to keep your thumb in the air - it should grab the upper part of the neck and thus help you with your bending and vibrato, which right now have an equal amount of wrist and finger action - we should eliminate the finger action wink.gif

I will make a little video for you regarding the thumb position and there's that lick which is still not ready - but, my thoughts would be that you should keep playing this one focusing on what I suggested and in the mean time we could also begin a drop tuning lesson - deal?

I was thinking about this one: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Metal-Metrics-4/

What say you?

Cosmin

Yes smile.gif smile.gif I love the new lesson!! I will keep on focusing on that last lesson as well and thank you for the compliment it means a lot. Get to use my Parker guitar on the new lesson no trem locks so I can easily change tunings. Thank you Cosmin smile.gif

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 12 2013, 10:06 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Hajduk @ Sep 12 2013, 08:50 AM) *
Yes smile.gif smile.gif I love the new lesson!! I will keep on focusing on that last lesson as well and thank you for the compliment it means a lot. Get to use my Parker guitar on the new lesson no trem locks so I can easily change tunings. Thank you Cosmin smile.gif

Hehe! Great! Let's rock, then!

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Sep 12 2013, 10:10 AM
Learning Rock Star
I notice it takes a few times for strings to get used to tuning? Love the sound of drop C smile.gif

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 12 2013, 04:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Hajduk @ Sep 12 2013, 09:10 AM) *
I notice it takes a few times for strings to get used to tuning? Love the sound of drop C smile.gif

It takes some time especially if your guitar was never going through such changes - what strings do you use for drop C?

And here's the vid regarding the thumb position:

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Sep 12 2013, 07:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 12 2013, 03:28 PM) *
It takes some time especially if your guitar was never going through such changes - what strings do you use for drop C?

And here's the vid regarding the thumb position:

Hey Cosmin thank you for the video smile.gif Always thought I used my thumb but realised I need to use it more when I watch the video of me playing. For the drop C tuning it took 4 or 5 times before strings settled down and is staying in drop C. I'm using .009 strings but Hybrid version where the low E, A and D are heavier,the low E is .046 A ,036 and D 0,26. and the last 3 regular size. Bought them by accident but like how the low strings are heavier.

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 13 2013, 08:06 AM
Instructor
Oh, oh - Tom, for drop C, you would need at least 10-52 strings. 09-46 is far too slack.. I'm afraid you'll encounter some control problems - don't you feel the strings too flabby?

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Sep 13 2013, 09:17 AM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks for the heads up! Will by new strings tomorrow. And yes strings are a bit flabby!

This post has been edited by Hajduk: Sep 13 2013, 09:18 AM

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 13 2013, 10:09 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Hajduk @ Sep 13 2013, 08:17 AM) *
Thanks for the heads up! Will by new strings tomorrow. And yes strings are a bit flabby!

Alright Tom - let me know when you are ready wink.gif

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Oct 16 2013, 11:45 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Cosmin here is a rough take of Metal metrics. For some reason I couldn't get the sound right and the stupidest part of it all is I forgot to put heavier strings on sad.gif there are clearly a few areas I really need to work on, actually sounds really bad because of the strings, my apologies in advance.

Actually reallllllllllyy sorry I put this take on sad.gif

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 17 2013, 06:07 PM
Instructor
Hey mate, I watched the video and I think that you need to work on the timing and phrasing as well - please try to play the piece over the original recording in order to observe the differences smile.gif When can you post a new one? No worries about posting, it's very good that you did it and it's always good to post takes as often as possible - in that way, I can monitor your progress and help out as much as possible.

Focus on the bends and the little licks linking the big phrases, ok?

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Oct 17 2013, 06:19 PM
Learning Rock Star
Will post a video probably Sunday is my goal, going to put the heavy gauge strings on there as well. Thanks for being kind smile.gif

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 18 2013, 02:13 PM
Instructor
You have nothing to worry about - you are a great guy to work with, so take your time, focus and let's see the heavy strings into action wink.gif

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Jan 4 2014, 12:30 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Cosmin finally have a couple videos to post it took forever to figure out what was wrong with my gear and more importantly enough procrastination smile.gif Here are two of the videos will post others this weekend and I really mean that.

There a bit rushed but I know what Im like and I will keep procrastinating, I owe you 2 more this weekend. Thank you for your patience.

I dont know why when I copy it puts the same one twice, hmmm. Try this again.

This post has been edited by Hajduk: Jan 4 2014, 12:28 AM

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 4 2014, 05:23 PM
Instructor
Hello Tom! Happy New Year and happy b-day biggrin.gif

Well now! I think you did a very good job here smile.gif The first one still needs a bit of attention as there are a few notes that are not that clear yet, so I would spend a bit more time on it focusing on getting all the notes to sound as even as possible wink.gif The second one is pretty tight, so I would suggest that you can take a look at this one as well if you want to take that legato playing up the hill wink.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Land-Of-Legato/

This series is THE thing! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Jan 4 2014, 06:52 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thank you for the Birthday wish and New year wish smile.gif Bens Legato land is great smile.gif and I will post some more videos. still owe you two more, there are however a couple tricky parts in Ivans blues bending song that I am still working on! Thank you again for the motivation and help smile.gif

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 5 2014, 12:27 PM
Instructor
Always a pleasure, mate! smile.gif Looks like you are working hard, even if the videos are coming a bit slower than you expected, so I am still happy tongue.gif

Now, about Ivan's lesson, which would those faulty parts be?

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Jan 5 2014, 12:56 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks Cosmin smile.gif Section 5 I find tricky the quick bend and release then the pull off, Im pretty sure I have figured it out going to try to post a video tomorrow on it Ben's land of Legato is really helping with the Legato smile.gif great workout for the fingers.

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 6 2014, 08:55 AM
Instructor
Alright Tom wink.gif

Post a video in which you play the part - but do it slowly and rhythmically - I will answer back with a video after I see what's cooking there smile.gif Also, looking forward to see your take on Ben's lesson so we can move on to the next one. I hope to help you cover the entire series biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Hajduk @ Jan 5 2014, 11:56 AM) *
Thanks Cosmin smile.gif Section 5 I find tricky the quick bend and release then the pull off, Im pretty sure I have figured it out going to try to post a video tomorrow on it Ben's land of Legato is really helping with the Legato smile.gif great workout for the fingers.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:52 AM