Your Past Uploads, Better Now..Or Then?
skennington
Sep 28 2008, 03:56 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Just went through a few of my old uploads and thought, jeeez, you suck! laugh.gif Really helps to see how you are improving..... or not ohmy.gif

I do see some improvement when I hear these old recordings. Gave me some inspiration to go back and try new improv's over the backings. smile.gif

Anybody else use the past for new inspiration?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Sep 28 2008, 04:12 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Me to bro biggrin.gif that means you're improving.

It definitely helps to hear yourself recorded and play it back.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Sep 28 2008, 07:18 AM
Learning Roadie
It's actually an excellent idea to keep your old recording (or to begin recording)

Because when the time hits and you think you aren't improving. Just go back and listen (or view, if its a video) how you played before. That will get you right out of the "im not improving" thinking. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 28 2008, 07:38 AM
Instructor
Great topic Skenn,recording yourself if surely best way to track your
progress but also to get some motivation as you said.
Lets see what other members are gonna say,
I'm sure the progress will be noticed. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 28 2008, 08:39 AM
Lets go fishing!
I found one of my very first recordings of me playing one of Gabis Neo Classical sweep picking etude, you know it dosent sound half bad for someone who was totally new. Its since become incredibly popular on youtube would you belive mellow.gif

This post has been edited by mattacuk: Sep 28 2008, 08:43 AM

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 28 2008, 11:53 AM
Instructor
I agree with Muris, recording is very important. When I listen to my very old recordings I usually laugh but that helps me realise how much I improved.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 28 2008, 12:02 PM
Instructor
Hey this is a great topic. I listened last year some of my old recordings on tapes, and they sounded terrible. I played so lousy then in comparison to present. I think it is possible to tracka progress after some long and focused sessions where it is clearly visible, but I guess we are not aware of the big picture until we hear the work from 4-5 years ago. So I encourage everyone who have these recordings to upload them, it would sure be interesting to listen, and see how we developed. smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
skennington
Sep 28 2008, 09:37 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
I think it will also be to a players advantage of just learning to record in general. All the effects and tones that you can play around with can really help you discover what you are looking for, and without spending a ton of money as well. smile.gif

@ Matt, that wasn't bad man! smile.gif

+Quote Post
superize
Sep 29 2008, 08:23 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I remebe some of my previus uploads and i have really improved since then(It was about a year ago i started recording myself). It is really nice to see that you are improving it keeps me playing even more

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 29 2008, 08:27 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (skennington @ Sep 28 2008, 09:37 PM) *
@ Matt, that wasn't bad man! smile.gif

Thanks, I had only been playing maybe 2 months. I miss my first guitar sad.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:15 PM