Song For 2 Guitarists?
xaedon
Sep 13 2007, 12:08 AM
GMC:er
Hey!

So me and my friend started to play electric guitar like 3 months ago. We've been practicing the regular stuff. Chords, scales, some songs etc. Now we want to play a song together but we don't know any good songs that are easy enough for us. So my question is, what song do you think we should play? We like classic rock, with songs like Free Bird, More than a feeling and songs in that genre.

Thanks in advance!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
RobM
Sep 13 2007, 01:14 AM
QUOTE (xaedon @ Sep 12 2007, 07:08 PM) *
Hey!

So me and my friend started to play electric guitar like 3 months ago. We've been practicing the regular stuff. Chords, scales, some songs etc. Now we want to play a song together but we don't know any good songs that are easy enough for us. So my question is, what song do you think we should play? We like classic rock, with songs like Free Bird, More than a feeling and songs in that genre.

Thanks in advance!

How about Hotel California, that's a great 2 guitar song.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
You wish.

+Quote Post
Ayen
Sep 13 2007, 03:17 AM
Fade to Black isn't two guitar, but at the fast hammer-on/pull-off part, you can switch up guitarists. It's relatively easy (depending on how much you practice), and sounds great.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Robin
Sep 13 2007, 03:28 AM
I think most Iron Maiden songs have two different guitars. I think the trooper can be nice for starting, lots of twin guitar there.

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Sep 13 2007, 03:29 AM
Some AC/DC songs are not that difficult and maybe you could both jam on those and maybe even one of you could practice some of the lead.Maybe even just try some Zepplin songs and Hendrix stuff.
Sorry im not that much for recommending classic rock stuff for 2 guitarist,if it was more modern i could give you a huge list tongue.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Sep 13 2007, 05:22 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Robin @ Sep 13 2007, 04:28 AM) *
I think most Iron Maiden songs have two different guitars. I think the trooper can be nice for starting, lots of twin guitar there.

Nowadays Iron Maiden have THREE guitars !!! laugh.gif laugh.gif
But I agree, iron maiden have lots of twin guitars, and is a good idea to play their songs smile.gif (I did it)

+Quote Post
RodneyU
Sep 13 2007, 07:55 AM
QUOTE (Ayen @ Sep 12 2007, 10:17 PM) *
Fade to Black isn't two guitar, but at the fast hammer-on/pull-off part, you can switch up guitarists. It's relatively easy (depending on how much you practice), and sounds great.

Sure it is! There's not seperate parts through out, but it certainly is two guitar song.

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 13 2007, 08:09 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Isn't a lot of Thin Lizzie two guitar harmony?
Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Sep 13 2007, 08:10 AM
Guns N' Roses, maybe?

+Quote Post
dogman
Sep 15 2007, 09:41 AM
QUOTE (RodneyU @ Sep 13 2007, 02:55 AM) *
Sure it is! There's not seperate parts through out, but it certainly is two guitar song.

absolutley, even if you listen carefully to most of your favorite songs you will hear more than one guitar playing. Whether it's 2, 3 (or more) different riffs or just the same riff multi tracked to fatten it up. Even in a one guitar player band most guitarists double track to give it a fuller overall sound. cool.gif

This post has been edited by dogman: Sep 15 2007, 09:43 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 02:22 PM