Counterfeit Guitars Valued At $1 Million Seized
Mertay
May 7 2014, 06:40 PM
GMC:er
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2014/04..._city_feds.html

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SeeJay
May 7 2014, 07:43 PM
I wonder where they were selling these guitars?

Obviously it would be a bummer to buy a guitar and it be a fake (especially if it was a really pricey transaction), but also, I wonder how much of a bummer it has to be when people buy a "1970 les paul", they get it home and it just sounds like butts.

I've bought a lot of gear in the past and plenty of times I REALLY want it to be something special and it isn't. At least I was able to sell it or trade it. These poor people have a crap instrument and then it's worthless.

Bummer

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Rock and Roll Lover. Vintage Ampeg collector. Soon to be new father.

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 7 2014, 08:18 PM
Scary thing is the fake's have upgraded the quality in recent years. It was worth 50 now 500, an originally 500 dollar worth fake guitar isn't easy for someone who isn't experienced to understand he's being ripped off immediately.

My first guitar (was played 2 years) was worth 100 dollars and it was original biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
dcz702
May 8 2014, 01:34 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
So messed up. I've ran across some of these fakes in vegas on craigslist. Sad some people are willing to scam and deceive people to make a buck. If you know what to look for its easy to spot a fake. Hopefully people making these don't get any better at it. Why aren't there laws from keeping even overseas companies from producing goods with trademark names? Why do we do business which countries who allow this type of thing in the first place.

+Quote Post
SeeJay
May 8 2014, 03:09 PM
Did you report the fakes at all?

QUOTE (dcz702 @ May 8 2014, 12:34 AM) *
So messed up. I've ran across some of these fakes in vegas on craigslist. Sad some people are willing to scam and deceive people to make a buck. If you know what to look for its easy to spot a fake. Hopefully people making these don't get any better at it. Why aren't there laws from keeping even overseas companies from producing goods with trademark names? Why do we do business which countries who allow this type of thing in the first place.

--------------------
Rock and Roll Lover. Vintage Ampeg collector. Soon to be new father.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 8 2014, 03:51 PM
Folks don't create wads of fake guitars to keep them smile.gif So yeah, lots of fakes going around especially on Ebay. The Gibsons and Fenders are faked quite a bit and now even Ibanez models are flooding out and looking more and more like the real thing. If you see a JCUSTOM for a shockingly cheap price, it's probably a fake sad.gif They even fake the "Birth Certificate" that comes with the Jcustom.

QUOTE (SeeJay @ May 7 2014, 02:43 PM) *
I wonder where they were selling these guitars?

Obviously it would be a bummer to buy a guitar and it be a fake (especially if it was a really pricey transaction), but also, I wonder how much of a bummer it has to be when people buy a "1970 les paul", they get it home and it just sounds like butts.

I've bought a lot of gear in the past and plenty of times I REALLY want it to be something special and it isn't. At least I was able to sell it or trade it. These poor people have a crap instrument and then it's worthless.

Bummer

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:05 AM