Speed Burst Exercise
mattacuk
Feb 9 2008, 10:46 PM
Lets go fishing!
Hey Muris biggrin.gif

As you know I have been working very hard on this for a few months now. I have gotten to the point where im playing very smooth and I have noticed a big improvment in my CONTROL smile.gif I am currently still playing this at 90bpm because I am more interested in building up control and clean picking over a long period rather than rushing things.

I feel like I could move up to a higher tempo but im wondering would it be better to carry on useing this exercise for another few months at the same tempo ? smile.gif I noticed on some of Kris videos he talks about playing some exercises slow for a couple of years and so Im unsure when to make the move! wink.gif

In my 3 hour daily routine im basically splitting that time between this exercise and the Paul Gilbert style lesson. As per a recent conversation im looking to get more "Musical" with my exercies and start learning more 3-nps chops. And so im thinking about useing your first Alternate picking lesson as my next progression smile.gif This involves different timeings also and so would be great to expand on my current skills.

Please let me know what you think about my ideas!

I hope your well

Matt biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Tjchep
Feb 9 2008, 11:42 PM
GMC:er
One quick question for you muris about this lesson.

How woudl you count out the 16th and 16th triplets on a metronome..

Ex.

(1234,1234)

(123456,123456)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 10 2008, 12:21 AM
Instructor
Well 16th would be 1234 per beat and 16th triplets would be 123+123 per beat.
Actually I'm not "counting" it using digits,I just focus on how many notes to play,sort of. smile.gif

Matt,you make the move when YOU feel comfortable with it,
those matters are 100% personal thing.
If you can do it faster without loosing accuracy and power then why not?
And if it doesn't go well,just go back to previous tempo,nothing to loose. smile.gif

Oh yeah,my first alternate picking lesson will surely help a bit,give it a try.
More lessons you practice,more you'll gain from it, it's simple as that.
Of course you need to fill your schedule wise without pushing yourself too hard,
I'm sure you understand what I'm talking about.

Good luck and don't forget to post few clips!! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 10 2008, 07:08 PM
Lets go fishing!
Thanks muris, I totally understand what your saying smile.gif wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:14 PM