2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Metal Guitar Video, Original
enlo22
Apr 19 2014, 03:51 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
hey guys, this is my latest guitar song I came up with smile.gif , I used my Peavey 6505 +! i'm happy with how it came up. This time i tried to have mroe
of a repeating feeling and tried to work better at connecting parts. I hope you enjoy it and I hope to hear your feedback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3NNgmc0Z8w

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jeroen
Apr 19 2014, 08:57 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (enlo22 @ Apr 19 2014, 04:51 PM) *
hey guys, this is my latest guitar song I came up with smile.gif , I used my Peavey 6505 +! i'm happy with how it came up. This time i tried to have mroe
of a repeating feeling and tried to work better at connecting parts. I hope you enjoy it and I hope to hear your feedback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3NNgmc0Z8w

Hi Enlo, the mix sounds a bit flat (at least on my speakers). I like the riffs you play. The multiple camera angles are nice! The slower piece at 2:15 is very good.

I think it misses something that catches my attention as a listener. It needs a returning theme, a lead line or melody that returns as a chorus..

Hope this helps. Keep on rocking

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 19 2014, 09:01 PM
Instructor
Great to find a new track from you! You are a great example of how composing is something that improves with practice. This tune has a very good quality and I can say that the connection between parts is smoother than it was in previous songs. There is something weird happening at 1:37, you play notes that don't fit good with the tonality used there, you should review the scale / arpeggios that you are using. I love the clean section, it reminds me a bit to Metallica, and how this part evolves into the double kick section.

Two things that come to mind when I listen to the whole thing:

- There are some riff sections that are still a bit repetitive / long. You should find a way to make this sections more interesting (as it happens with the part from 2:10 to 3:10, this minute is brilliant).
- There is some catchy melody / section lacking. That part that you keep in your mind after listening to a song that makes you want to hear it again.

Ok, this is feedback, I hope that it helps! Keep on the good job!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
enlo22
Apr 20 2014, 07:11 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
thank you guys, i will deff keep that in mind, I might be off the internet for a bit because i'm moving! but when i get it back I will re read and apply as usual! smile.gif thanks again for your comments

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Apr 20 2014, 07:44 AM
Learning Tone Master
Great work, Marco!!! I always like to hear what you compose and I can say that with each new track from you the mix sound so good and fits with my taste smile.gif And now I will tell you what I like very much at this track smile.gif
- 0:46 is the best of the best of the best part for me smile.gif You know that I already comented on your SoundCloud some weeks ago on this part. Sounds awesome and it's great glued with the next part.
- I like how the drums sound. You are in the direction that start to give the feeling that are real. This is the most great thing for me because too many people use a "broken" sound (I hope you understand what I mean)
- good idea with all this changes of the rhythm
- great guitar sound

And now, what looks weird for me:
- indeed what Gab said about that part at 1:37
- at 2:59- 2:30 that beat gives a delayed feeling for me. It's right at the moment when you stop the double pedal. Strange is that I don't have the same feeling for the previews bar and next bar when you use a similar pattern.
- I would like to hear the same part that I like in 2 places tongue.gif

Congrats for this track, I really enjoyed smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 21 2014, 09:03 AM
Instructor
Hey Marco! great to see you sailing strong as usual! smile.gif

I especially like your tone and your drum writing! As the guys said, the mid section is very nice, but otherwise I feel the lack of some unity between the parts. Take the risk to make things sound a bit simpler, but more structured smile.gif A main theme should happen here and there - you remember we spoke about structures formulas? Try to create a structure which you will follow once you know what parts you must work with and don't worry about not being able to use ALL of them biggrin.gif It happens often, so keep in mind that you can write a lot of songs, not just one wink.gif

Also, you are a bit ahead of the drums when playing - I feel the need of more groove/balance in your playing smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 21 2014, 12:24 PM
Instructor
You're very busy lately! smile.gif Great to see You doing so many new things. I like the idea of different parts with different dynamics. Somehow there is pretty constant feeling of guitar being a bit out of time with the drums. Some moments are ok but as You can see it's not only me who had this feeling. You could tweak this idea a bit because Your on the very good path smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 22 2014, 04:42 PM
Instructor
Darius noticed it as well smile.gif I would certainly recommend you to try other rhythm based styles in order to hone your groove chops - some funk rhythms for instance! I think that funk is one of the best styles to gain balance/groove with - it sure helped me a lot! let me know if you are into the idea and I will take care of the recommendations smile.gif

+Quote Post
enlo22
Apr 24 2014, 07:27 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Hey guys! Sorry I haven't replied, but I really appreciate your comments,ill deff keep in my mind all the things said. Id deff enjoy trying some new rhythm ideas, I've been slacking on that. I recently moved and I don'thave internet yet, but as soon as I do I'll be back more often! I did noticed some parts are off so I'll have to look into that!

Btw I might be getting a focusrite Scarlett 2i2, which will replace my line 6 gx, does anyone know if there will be a difference in sound quality?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 24 2014, 07:50 AM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif I know it's a good audio interface, but I couldn't tell you if the difference would be significant. Out of what I know, the uX comes with the dedicated guitar software that has nice tones, but if you don't use that software, I guess you won't miss it smile.gif

+Quote Post
enlo22
Apr 24 2014, 10:00 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 24 2014, 06:50 AM) *
Hey mate smile.gif I know it's a good audio interface, but I couldn't tell you if the difference would be significant. Out of what I know, the uX comes with the dedicated guitar software that has nice tones, but if you don't use that software, I guess you won't miss it smile.gif

Yeah, I don't really use podfarm at all! But from what I read the Wi2 has a rally clear signal.also the gx that I have now doesn't have a Mic input so I have to use an adaptor which makes an annoying sound abd also lowers the input db.. also, I wanted to get a thd hotplate so that I can actually play at my new place lol, do you have any experience with those?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 25 2014, 12:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (enlo22 @ Apr 24 2014, 09:00 PM) *
Yeah, I don't really use podfarm at all! But from what I read the Wi2 has a rally clear signal.also the gx that I have now doesn't have a Mic input so I have to use an adaptor which makes an annoying sound abd also lowers the input db.. also, I wanted to get a thd hotplate so that I can actually play at my new place lol, do you have any experience with those?

I have never heard about this term - thd hotplate... Hmmm.... guys? smile.gif Out of what you are saying the Scarlett is definitely a better choice for you, so go for it mate!

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Apr 25 2014, 02:37 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 25 2014, 07:22 AM) *
I have never heard about this term - thd hotplate... Hmmm.... guys? smile.gif Out of what you are saying the Scarlett is definitely a better choice for you, so go for it mate!

The THD Hotplate is just an Attenuator. So you can drive the tubes without having to crank the volume up to stage levels, works well for bedroom playing and still getting that tone you are searching for from the amp!

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 25 2014, 03:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Apr 25 2014, 01:37 PM) *
The THD Hotplate is just an Attenuator. So you can drive the tubes without having to crank the volume up to stage levels, works well for bedroom playing and still getting that tone you are searching for from the amp!

Oooh! Got it smile.gif Thanks man!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 25 2014, 05:14 PM
GMC:er
Cool sounding track and some great feedback!! Chopping it up in to smaller sections, maybe more melody through line, etc.

As for the 2i2 it's a bit better but your overal recordings may sound pretty similar. Within a certain range, the bits being used not day and night different usually but the 2i2 is a much better all around unit with much better input section. You could just use a plugin of course and skip the problems with recording your amp, skip the hotplate, etc. but hey you gotta do whatcha gotta do ):

Todd

QUOTE (enlo22 @ Apr 24 2014, 02:27 AM) *
Hey guys! Sorry I haven't replied, but I really appreciate your comments,ill deff keep in my mind all the things said. Id deff enjoy trying some new rhythm ideas, I've been slacking on that. I recently moved and I don'thave internet yet, but as soon as I do I'll be back more often! I did noticed some parts are off so I'll have to look into that!

Btw I might be getting a focusrite Scarlett 2i2, which will replace my line 6 gx, does anyone know if there will be a difference in sound quality?

+Quote Post
enlo22
Apr 26 2014, 06:34 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 25 2014, 04:14 PM) *
Cool sounding track and some great feedback!! Chopping it up in to smaller sections, maybe more melody through line, etc.

As for the 2i2 it's a bit better but your overal recordings may sound pretty similar. Within a certain range, the bits being used not day and night different usually but the 2i2 is a much better all around unit with much better input section. You could just use a plugin of course and skip the problems with recording your amp, skip the hotplate, etc. but hey you gotta do whatcha gotta do ):

Todd

yeah, I tried it today, and I was really happy with the mic sounds. As for the instrument input though.. it would always clip, even with the gain knob turned all the way down, From what I read you need a DI box? but i don't even know what that is!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 26 2014, 08:43 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (enlo22 @ Apr 26 2014, 05:34 AM) *
yeah, I tried it today, and I was really happy with the mic sounds. As for the instrument input though.. it would always clip, even with the gain knob turned all the way down, From what I read you need a DI box? but i don't even know what that is!

Here's a definition, mate:

A DI unit, DI box, direct box, or simply DI (variously claimed to stand for direct input, direct injection or direct interface), is a device typically used in recording studios to connect a high-impedance, line level, unbalanced output signal to a low-impedance microphone level balanced input, usually via XLR connector. DIs are frequently used to connect an electric guitar or electric bass to a mixing console's microphone input. The DI performs level matching, balancing, and either active buffering or passive impedance matching/impedance bridging to minimize noise, distortion, and ground loops.

For the DI box, in our band, we are using this one:

http://www.palmer-germany.com/mi/en/PDI-09...itars-PDI09.htm

We use it onstage usually, but out of what they are saying on the website, it looks like it's pretty hand when recording as well smile.gif Read a bit through the presentation and tech specs and you will most likely understand things. Let us know how it goes, ok?

+Quote Post
enlo22
Apr 27 2014, 04:21 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 26 2014, 07:43 AM) *
Here's a definition, mate:

A DI unit, DI box, direct box, or simply DI (variously claimed to stand for direct input, direct injection or direct interface), is a device typically used in recording studios to connect a high-impedance, line level, unbalanced output signal to a low-impedance microphone level balanced input, usually via XLR connector. DIs are frequently used to connect an electric guitar or electric bass to a mixing console's microphone input. The DI performs level matching, balancing, and either active buffering or passive impedance matching/impedance bridging to minimize noise, distortion, and ground loops.

For the DI box, in our band, we are using this one:

http://www.palmer-germany.com/mi/en/PDI-09...itars-PDI09.htm

We use it onstage usually, but out of what they are saying on the website, it looks like it's pretty hand when recording as well smile.gif Read a bit through the presentation and tech specs and you will most likely understand things. Let us know how it goes, ok?

Oh ok makes sense! thanks for explaining. I kept my Toneport GX which works pretty good for using VST amps etc, and the focusrite works really awesome for the mic! so i think I should just do that and save my money lol. I'm going to upload a new version of the track and hopefully it's better. I edited the drums better and tried to make it more interesting. I'm probably adding vocals too because I love the mic pre amp!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 27 2014, 01:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (enlo22 @ Apr 27 2014, 03:21 AM) *
Oh ok makes sense! thanks for explaining. I kept my Toneport GX which works pretty good for using VST amps etc, and the focusrite works really awesome for the mic! so i think I should just do that and save my money lol. I'm going to upload a new version of the track and hopefully it's better. I edited the drums better and tried to make it more interesting. I'm probably adding vocals too because I love the mic pre amp!

Uh oh and bass as well smile.gif Your riffs will sounds a lot fatter and chunkier with a bass line to back them up smile.gif Have you tried that so far? I remember we had this discussion a while ago smile.gif

+Quote Post
enlo22
Apr 27 2014, 05:48 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 27 2014, 12:32 PM) *
Uh oh and bass as well smile.gif Your riffs will sounds a lot fatter and chunkier with a bass line to back them up smile.gif Have you tried that so far? I remember we had this discussion a while ago smile.gif

Yeah I do remember! I do have bass on this one! smile.gif i'm still trying to get the mix sound I want, i'm just experimenting more and more

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:05 AM