5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Updated Home Studio Pics Anyone?
Todd Simpson
Dec 3 2019, 12:57 PM
GMC:er
Anyone Else Been Tinkering in their Home Studio Happy Place? I have a new collab announcement with GMC alum KRIS DRIEVER!! We are going to be doing a Metal version of BOYS OF SUMMER in the DEAD OF WINTER!!!

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 3 2019, 12:58 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 15 2020, 08:38 PM
Learning Rock Star
Got rid of the closet I mentioned in another thread, and now I have a lot more space. My dad will help me put wallpaper etc up smile.gif then I'll have a nice corner for recording videos without stumbling over camera tripods and what not.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Feb 15 2020, 08:54 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 16 2020, 07:49 AM
Congrats on your latest Studio Mod!!!!! Can't wait to see ow it ends up!!
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 15 2020, 03:38 PM) *
Got rid of the closet I mentioned in another thread, and now I have a lot more space. My dad will help me put wallpaper etc up smile.gif then I'll have a nice corner for recording videos without stumbling over camera tripods and what not.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 17 2020, 06:26 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 16 2020, 07:49 AM) *
Congrats on your latest Studio Mod!!!!! Can't wait to see ow it ends up!!

Dad is helping me put up wallpaper today and then hopefully I can paint it sometime soon too and then it's time to figure out how to set up video recording stuff smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 18 2020, 02:11 AM
Congrats on your studio expansion! keep sharing pix!
Todd
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 17 2020, 01:26 AM) *
Dad is helping me put up wallpaper today and then hopefully I can paint it sometime soon too and then it's time to figure out how to set up video recording stuff smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 19 2020, 11:37 AM
GMC Founder
Not really, as I have been laying low with my playing (our collab excepted of course!)

But I am following this thread with interest, I still haven't gotten over how cool it is that with the help of a small room and a modern computer you can create amazing one-man-band songs 👌

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 15 2020, 08:38 PM) *

Very cool, this made quite a difference!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 19 2020, 01:25 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Feb 19 2020, 11:37 AM) *
Very cool, this made quite a difference!

It's given me space enough for a bassplayer to be in here too if I ever found one to play with - along with a drummer. Space enough for a 3 man band! Not bad smile.gif

My first line of thought is to make it into a video recording corner though, maybe with a green screen at some point. I haven't entirely decided on that yet.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Potsau
Feb 19 2020, 09:16 PM
Last week I have made a mobile Version. I can record any instrument with that, except drums. All with my phone. Or carry it to a lake or in a Bar. Drink beer and record.

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
Feb 19 2020, 09:39 PM
Instructor
My new setup - M-audio midi keyboard as a DAW Mixer and VST instruments controller - really cool stuff smile.gif
Attached Image

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile

+Quote Post
Potsau
Feb 19 2020, 09:47 PM
QUOTE (Piotr Kaczor @ Feb 19 2020, 09:39 PM) *
My new setup - M-audio midi keyboard as a DAW Mixer and VST instruments controller - really cool stuff smile.gif
Attached Image

beautiful

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 19 2020, 09:56 PM
Learning Rock Star
Next step is to get some do it yourself acoustic panels on the wall, like I have in other places in the room.

Studio:

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

And a shot of my 7 string Ibanez smile.gif

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Feb 20 2020, 05:22 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 20 2020, 06:22 AM
Congrats! I'm a big fan of Mobile Recording. I have a couple of phone audio interfaces that I've been using. It's got amazing quality and is smalll enough to fit anywhere! Here is a quick demo of my phone based rig. The audio interace is also a footswitch that changes patches on the phonee running amplitube!

QUOTE (Potsau @ Feb 19 2020, 04:16 PM) *
Last week I have made a mobile Version. I can record any instrument with that, except drums. All with my phone. Or carry it to a lake or in a Bar. Drink beer and record.

Attached Image

Studio upgrade complete!! NICE!!!
Todd

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 19 2020, 04:56 PM) *
And a shot of my 7 string Ibanez smile.gif

Attached Image

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Feb 24 2020, 05:52 PM
Learning Roadie
Mine is starting next week. Progress will be slow, I'm not a handyman but a friend is and will be doing the hard stuff on his quiet days. I'll be researching sound absorption!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 24 2020, 06:11 PM
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Feb 24 2020, 12:52 PM) *
Mine is starting next week. Progress will be slow, I'm not a handyman but a friend is and will be doing the hard stuff on his quiet days. I'll be researching sound absorption!

Can't wait to see!! Please do make some before/after picks!!

Todd

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 2 2020, 05:44 PM
I have been thinking of re-jigging mine this year sometime. Looking to up-spec my PC with a linked Laptop, new, larger monitor screens etc. Need to see how work goes over the next month or two!!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 10 2020, 10:04 PM
Night time shot of my workspace smile.gif
Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 10 2020, 10:05 PM

+Quote Post
MrVegas
Mar 11 2020, 03:03 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Dec 3 2019, 11:57 AM) *
Anyone Else Been Tinkering in their Home Studio Happy Place? I have a new collab announcement with GMC alum KRIS DRIEVER!! We are going to be doing a Metal version of BOYS OF SUMMER in the DEAD OF WINTER!!!

Attached Image

I have a simple setup. Amps In my bedroom and I’m using amplitube4 I think it’s pretty good for a amp sim.

This post has been edited by MrVegas: Mar 11 2020, 03:04 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 11 2020, 07:22 PM
Nice rig! I see you have a subwoofer, good call! It's very handy for hearing things that are easy to miss using only smaller monitors. That setup is the foundation of the modern studio. A laptop, monitors, interface and bam. Ready to record. I've reduced the amount of gear in my studio over recent years as I noticed I was not using most of it. It was mostly just pretty blinking lights. I like my rack and guitar cab but I rarely use them for recording. I do use my little 5 watt hotone amp when testing new pedals and put it through my cab. But I have not used my big rack mount stuff in quite some time. Not since I got the Ampero pedal. It does everything my rack did and it's got a food controller built in. For everything else I use OVERLOUD THU. When I record without overloud I regret it as I can't change anything after the fact. I have to re record. Nice setup!!

Todd

QUOTE (MrVegas @ Mar 10 2020, 10:03 PM) *
I have a simple setup. Amps In my bedroom and I’m using amplitube4 I think it’s pretty good for a amp sim.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 3 2020, 03:32 PM
Learning Rock Star
New update smile.gif

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jun 3 2020, 06:21 PM
I finally had to get a home recording set up going.
Thankfully I can record my amps at home and I do have some decent mics. I was using a small pair of a studio monitors as stereo speakers so I re-purposed them back to their main purpose. I also have a good mic pre/EQ that I would take to sessions as well as a an older load box and a small modeler (Iridium).
What I really need is a more powerful computer laugh.gif

Attached Image
Attached Image

This is all literally in my garage.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Jun 3 2020, 06:27 PM

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:20 AM