Brain Problems Just As Much As Fingers
PosterBoy
Jun 3 2020, 09:59 AM
Learning Roadie
Does anyone else's brain get fried with sequences that are similar but slightly different?

I started back again (I tried it a few years ago) with https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...inger-work-out/

It seems fairly straight forward except I'm struggling one not picking the whole thing and having the little hammer on and the different sequencing on the way down.

As usual i guess it's a case of slow it down and get it under the fingers in chunks and then stitching it together.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jun 3 2020, 11:15 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jun 3 2020, 08:59 AM) *

Try this; first 1 note long and other short etc., then 1 note short then other long etc. ...after that play as in video.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 3 2020, 02:20 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jun 3 2020, 10:59 AM) *
As usual i guess it's a case of slow it down and get it under the fingers in chunks and then stitching it together.

Yes it could be a matter of expectation. You expect it to be really easy because it's so similar. Because of this you don't practice it as slowly as you would typically do with a new pattern.

--------------------

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jun 3 2020, 02:49 PM
Learning Roadie
It's more the sequence variations that screw my brain up
You go up the neck with the 'full sequence' then come down with a variation of it
then go back up with another variation. My poor old brain gets twisted
It's interesting in how it is shifting the sequence in a rhythmic way

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 3 2020, 03:06 PM
Instructor
Yeah, I find it hard to memorize. It always happened to me for example with Bach pieces.

My first experience with this type of pieces was throught this book by Dave Celentano.

Attached Image

I own exactly that edition with cassette on cover. laugh.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 3 2020, 05:29 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Yeah I really struggle with slight variations of patterns. You should give Todd's Bootcamp a go, you do start to remember that kind of thing a bit quicker as you work through Bootcamp. It's mainly about finger control and hand sync but it helps mentally too wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 4 2020, 05:50 AM
BINGO! Thanks for the plug Phil! smile.gif Bootcamp is designed to help with just this type of thing. It's a matter of repetition making small adjustments that makes them easier to make over time and over the neck.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 3 2020, 12:29 PM) *
Yeah I really struggle with slight variations of patterns. You should give Todd's Bootcamp a go, you do start to remember that kind of thing a bit quicker as you work through Bootcamp. It's mainly about finger control and hand sync but it helps mentally too wink.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jun 4 2020, 07:02 AM
Learning Roadie
I did start practicing where I left off on my bootcamp yesterday!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 6 2020, 01:14 AM
That's a great place to start!!!! Make a progress video if possible, even with a cell phone, just a quickie and I can try to give you some feedback!

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jun 4 2020, 02:02 AM) *
I did start practicing where I left off on my bootcamp yesterday!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:22 AM