4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Worlds Fastest Guitarist?
Robin
Dec 11 2007, 12:26 PM
GMC:er
Sounds ridicilous, but if thats real, its very impressive. I'd like to see a digital watch or something in the backround.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 11 2007, 12:57 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (PlayAllDay @ Dec 11 2007, 08:31 AM) *
I watched it and I think it's been sped up. Watch his facial chewing movements at the end.

yea good spot, after you pointed that out I studied that bit and I agree with you

QUOTE (Robin @ Dec 11 2007, 11:26 AM) *
Sounds ridicilous, but if thats real, its very impressive. I'd like to see a digital watch or something in the backround.

+1

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 11 2007, 01:05 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Too bad the fastest guitarist in the world don't have better audio/video quality to record his achievement. smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 11 2007, 01:16 PM
Instructor
This is truly terrible. Even a monkey can learn to beat a nail in a wall with a hammer 100bpm. Not what music is all about at all.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
MickeM
Dec 11 2007, 01:31 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Bogdan @ Dec 11 2007, 01:05 PM) *
Too bad the fastest guitarist in the world don't have better audio/video quality to record his achievement. smile.gif

haha yeah, think I agree with your thoughts there. He, the fastest guitarist in the world, has something to hide wink.gif

gave me an idea.... a good one for a change. rolleyes.gif I'd like to see Mr guitartube challange these guys, with a clock in the background. When the video is speeded up and the clock spins faster he can explain that is because he shreds so fast it makes him travel in time laugh.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Dec 11 2007, 02:52 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (fkalich @ Dec 11 2007, 12:11 AM) *
I define it as the guy who is fastest and also musical. There would be argument, but Batio would be a contender. I am not sure if Gilbert is as fast. But Gilbert can play at 140bpm, and still he is playing faster than these guys who think they are playing 58 notes a second. Fast crap don't count.

I would half to 2nd Batio.

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Dec 11 2007, 03:00 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=evTTHS9hwvU

laugh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
Freebird
Dec 11 2007, 03:07 PM
This one is better LOL biggrin.gif

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Uea8k5sJ5qg

I like it when he makes the earth explode biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 11 2007, 03:11 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (MickeM @ Dec 11 2007, 01:31 PM) *
When the video is speeded up and the clock spins faster he can explain that is because he shreds so fast it makes him travel in time laugh.gif

ahahah that reminded me of Petrucci phych excercises (http://youtube.com/watch?v=SKMYeXkYcgs&feature=related) wink.gif

Hmmm I think that it can be done in the video to leave the background watch normal speed and other stuff up the speed..Just shoot the same scene two times once with background other with you in it, and do some cutting and cropping wink.gif cool.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Dec 11 2007, 03:55 PM
Instructor
BTW Music is NOT a competition, but he plays very fast ...

+Quote Post
steve25
Dec 11 2007, 07:55 PM
I think you're all misunderstanding. To the people who try and play super fast its not about playing music its about seeing how fast you can play and showing it off. They know it isn't music but its not why they do it. Personally i can't really tell if that's real anyway it didn't sound like it was 58 notes per second.

My guitar teacher has just tried to break a record while doing this sort of thing. He said he'd let me see the original tape so i might do that, at least i know it'll be real and no chance of it being edited, he wouldn't know how to anyway. He told me the technique and stuff for doing it but theres no way i can do it. He apparently has been contacted by Guitar Techniques magazine to do something for them, don't know if anyone reads that? He's a good player but he admits playing fast isn't music, he just did it for fun

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 11 2007, 08:00 PM
Instructor
Only thing I would like to know is HOW you can count notes per second,
and I mean 58 of then,ohh come on cool.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
steve25
Dec 11 2007, 08:14 PM
Good point, i don't know. Is it not true that the human brain can only take in 30 something things per second so wouldn't you have to slow the tape down to find out how many you were doing?

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Dec 11 2007, 08:23 PM
Instructor
Dont know if it's speed up or fake, but that playing just generally doesn't sound very interesting, this is just my opinion though. The are many fast players that also make great music rather than just shred for 3 minutes smile.gif

-Toni

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 11 2007, 08:25 PM
Instructor
Dunno but that was always funny for me,counting notes per second,
like when someone said that Vai played 20 in some solo,than Yngwie did 22,
seems like children's job imho.

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 11 2007, 08:48 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Yeah hes fast, Which means nothing, other than he practiced technique more than practicig phrasing or vibrato or something thats appealing to the ears.(his vibrato was horrible to me!).

If he could apply that to making Music, then ill take notice.

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Dec 11 2007, 08:50 PM

+Quote Post
Gerald
Dec 11 2007, 08:52 PM
My thoughts on the whole speed thing is I'd like to shred some notes, but I don't want to compose a whole piece of nothing but 16th note triplets at a bizzion bpm. It would be nice to uncork something like that when I want to, but I'd rather be slower and play with more emotion and rythym than uber fast.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 11 2007, 08:55 PM
Lets go fishing!
Maybe we will never know who the worlds fastest guitarists are..... but we already know where the worlds coolest guitarist hang out! cool.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 11 2007, 08:56 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Dec 11 2007, 07:55 PM) *
Maybe we will never know who the worlds fastest guitarists are..... but we already know where the worlds coolest guitarist hang out! cool.gif

heheh +1 good answer Matt

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 11 2007, 09:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Dec 11 2007, 08:55 PM) *

Yep biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:24 PM