First Layer
Mindbinder
Jul 3 2007, 07:23 AM
GMC:er
I'm starting a new reaper project and just wrote this for my primary backing track. I think I might add some sort of blues lead to it, maybe some kind of percussion, not quite sure yet. Any ideas or comments? I'm thick skinned so be honest, if it's no good I like to know.

Attached File  VOICE120.MP3 ( 482.91K ) Number of downloads: 470

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 3 2007, 11:31 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I think it sounded very interesting.

I'll just suggest what more I'd like to hear
* a drum track, especially needed to make sence to the song in the beginning and end. And I think some uncomplicated drums, maybe a latin rhythm?
* No lead guitar other than for a few fills here and there, the rhythm is so full in itself so I think it would do better with vocals really.
* A thick acoustic bass

Hope we'll get to here more soon smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 3 2007, 03:22 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Mindbinder @ Jul 3 2007, 02:23 AM) *
I'm starting a new reaper project and just wrote this for my primary backing track. I think I might add some sort of blues lead to it, maybe some kind of percussion, not quite sure yet. Any ideas or comments? I'm thick skinned so be honest, if it's no good I like to know.

Attached File  VOICE120.MP3 ( 482.91K ) Number of downloads: 470

Hey, nice Job mindbender - very interesting start. I like the concept, some great ideas here.

Ok, I have a few comments about the recording first:

As MickeM Said, it could use a little bit of rhythm. I often use a shaker playing 4 beats to the bar - it adds a little interest but isn't so busy that it interferes.

You can trim the noise of you sitting down at the beginning in reaper very easily just by pulling the beginning of the wav file forward a little so that part is not heard.

Reverb - a little would make a huge difference to the sound of the track. Not only does it add presence, but it will also give you a wide stereo feel, and make the track sound better all around.

Now regarding the song itself, as an alternative to what MickeM said regarding vocals, bass etc ... if you practiced a lilttle more and got the timing perfect, I think the piece could stand on its own as it is as an acoustic guitar tour de force!

Looking forward to seeing where yu take it next smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
JVM
Jul 4 2007, 04:23 AM
Learning Roadie
I agree with andrew 100%! It sounds very cool, I'd like to hear more.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:13 PM