3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Shredneck, practice and warm-up tool for guitar players
Rating 4 V
kyldeee
Jan 23 2008, 07:09 PM
GMC:er
I'm gonna have to buy one these before the time I have to go to the army, thank god it's not until next year, but still smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Flanger
Jan 23 2008, 08:55 PM
Thats an interesting tool wink.gif

I have tried to find similiar on the internet and found out a "Lapstick". The same kind of tool but fully playable biggrin.gif

Check it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqiankvqgYk

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
It doesn't matter how much time you spend if you don't know the correct things to do, and the correct way of doing those things. Fifteen minutes of correct practice will do you more good, than 5 hours of incorrect, unintelligent practice. Bad practice just makes you better at playing badly!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 23 2008, 09:36 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Very nice review ! Didn't know such thing existed wink.gif And it got a great name too ; )

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 24 2008, 03:16 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Flanger @ Jan 23 2008, 08:55 PM) *
Thats an interesting tool wink.gif

I have tried to find similiar on the internet and found out a "Lapstick". The same kind of tool but fully playable biggrin.gif

Check it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqiankvqgYk

Nice tool indeed!!

But bigger than Shredneck,you can't drive and hold this at the same time biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 24 2008, 03:17 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 23 2008, 09:44 AM) *
I'd like one too - thanks for the review Jerry! biggrin.gif

What about me? sad.gif laugh.gif wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 24 2008, 05:16 AM
Instructor
I'm waiting for mine!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 24 2008, 05:24 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 24 2008, 05:16 AM) *
I'm waiting for mine!! smile.gif

Coolness biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Maximus
Jan 24 2008, 05:28 AM
QUOTE (Muris @ Jan 23 2008, 08:17 PM) *

You are great too Muris!

--------------------

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Ibanez rg 750, Ibanez Mikro, Washburn Acoustic
Amps: Crate GX 1600 1/2 Stack, Line 6 Spider 2, Vintage Kustom Tube Head
Effects: Line 6 POD X3 Live, Line 6 PocketPod
Misc: Line 6 FBV Express Foot Switch/Volume/Wah-Wah Pedal

+Quote Post
ch00ch00man
Jan 24 2008, 05:43 AM
seeing as there is such a love fest going on here, i'm reluctant to weigh in with my two cents worth. but, in the interest of shearing, here it is. not a fan of it at all. several reasons;

- these things tend to be one size fits all. i have a very specific preference for necks. i love the look of a les paul, but would never play one. those necks are like baseball bats, too round. i like a nice wide, flat, thin neck. and it cant be all lacquered to hell either. i like the feel of raw wood.

- seven frets? i mean common, thats just way too much of a gimmick to be a practical tool. very limited in my opinion.

- practicing left hand without right? i mean, am i the only one to see the emperor with no clothes? and you cant practice right even if you wanted too. for proper technique, you need to be able to rest your forearm on the body. i saw their promotional video, and the guy strumming it looked so contorted, i felt sorry for his carpal tunnel.

- and lastly, and i guess most importantly. i'm never that far away from my guitar. i have a wife, three kids, and an extremely demanding job. all that notwithstanding, i make time, every day.

boris

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Jan 24 2008, 12:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ch00ch00man @ Jan 24 2008, 05:43 AM) *
seeing as there is such a love fest going on here, i'm reluctant to weigh in with my two cents worth. but, in the interest of shearing, here it is. not a fan of it at all. several reasons;

- these things tend to be one size fits all. i have a very specific preference for necks. i love the look of a les paul, but would never play one. those necks are like baseball bats, too round. i like a nice wide, flat, thin neck. and it cant be all lacquered to hell either. i like the feel of raw wood.

- seven frets? i mean common, thats just way too much of a gimmick to be a practical tool. very limited in my opinion.

- practicing left hand without right? i mean, am i the only one to see the emperor with no clothes? and you cant practice right even if you wanted too. for proper technique, you need to be able to rest your forearm on the body. i saw their promotional video, and the guy strumming it looked so contorted, i felt sorry for his carpal tunnel.

- and lastly, and i guess most importantly. i'm never that far away from my guitar. i have a wife, three kids, and an extremely demanding job. all that notwithstanding, i make time, every day.

boris

Hi boris,
thank you for your post. I try to answer...

First of all, here at GMC we like to know all your opinions, so feel free to post.

- All guitar players have some preferences about everything. The Shredneck is not an instrument!
They have different colors, different models, etc.. But you can't find a Shredneck for Ibanez players, another for Gibson Players, etc.. Once again, it's always better to practice with a real guitar!!!

- Seven frets? Yes, the tool is designed to be portable, small and for the fingering hand. Off course, you play a lot of licks on the high frets when you're soloing with a real guitar. This type of playing require your favourite guitar smile.gif , it's simple.

- You can practice with one hand and with two hands. The guy on their myspace is me... no problems at all while I'm practice with the Shredneck.

- It's great to know that you're always near your guitar and you have a wife and kids. But this is just your situation.
Other people can need a practice tool.

Cheers,

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Jan 24 2008, 12:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Muris @ Jan 24 2008, 03:17 AM) *

You're always in our minds! wink.gif

--------------------

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jan 24 2008, 12:37 PM
Get to da Chopper!
I think I'll get both the shredneck and lapstick in the next few months..

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 24 2008, 02:05 PM
Instructor
My life would have been easier if I had this when I was a teenager... I think that it's a very helpfull tool for obsesive guitar players like me... I would take it to everywhere I go. It's great for long travels because you can practice during it and also to warm up before a show when the backstage is small.
I also think that always it's better to have your guitar but for example here in Argentina there are too many cars and the streets aren't enoght so sometime you can stay stoped for an hour. I would use it in that moments. smile.gif

gabriel.-

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jan 24 2008, 02:46 PM
Instructor
I'm getting one too!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 24 2008, 04:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jerry Arcidiacono @ Jan 24 2008, 12:32 PM) *
You're always in our minds! wink.gif

Thanks dude biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 24 2008, 05:12 PM
Instructor
Boris,perhaps you didn't fully understand purpose of this tool.
It's mainly for muscle rehearsal when you DON'T have guitar near you,or you're lacking with space.
You can do similar stuff by simply typing something with your fingers on the table,
but this thing has real neck,frets and strings.
It's just alternative,not substitution for guitar,that's for sure.

About neck types,
I never felt huge difference,
Ibanez,LesPaul,Strat,PRS etc I can play them all without any troubles,
what bothers me the most is the bridge,specially LesPaul type,
I can't lay my picking hand on it nicely. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Jan 27 2008, 07:50 PM
looks bit crazy! i gotta go try one smile.gif but why not just get a travel guitar? that way it actually plays?

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Feb 12 2008, 10:02 PM
QUOTE (Muris @ Jan 24 2008, 05:12 PM) *
Boris,perhaps you didn't fully understand purpose of this tool.
It's mainly for muscle rehearsal when you DON'T have guitar near you,or you're lacking with space.
You can do similar stuff by simply typing something with your fingers on the table,
but this thing has real neck,frets and strings.
It's just alternative,not substitution for guitar,that's for sure.

So, it is like a training tool for getting those licks and scales into your finger memory, right?
It has no sound?
But the strings help you develop stamina as well as providing tactile feedback?

Pretty cool! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by jacmoe: Feb 12 2008, 10:02 PM

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 12 2008, 11:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (kevin-riff-after-riff @ Jan 27 2008, 07:50 PM) *
looks bit crazy! i gotta go try one smile.gif but why not just get a travel guitar? that way it actually plays?

Because it's SMALLER!! smile.gif

jacmoe,Yes to all your questions,I could add few more things
but I'm sure you've got the idea from whole thread. wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Feb 12 2008, 11:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (kevin-riff-after-riff @ Jan 27 2008, 07:50 PM) *

There are many solutions to practice without a regular guitar, maybe the Shredneck is the smallest one.

QUOTE (jacmoe @ Feb 12 2008, 10:02 PM) *
So, it is like a training tool for getting those licks and scales into your finger memory, right?
It has no sound?
But the strings help you develop stamina as well as providing tactile feedback?

Pretty cool! laugh.gif

It sounds of course, but you can't do "useful" melodies smile.gif because strings are short, while frets reproduces the first 7 frets of a real guitar.
The Shredneck can help your stamina with legato techniques. Accuracy and a good playing require a real guitar, of course.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:00 AM