New Pod Xt Live Problem, Help!!!
jammer91
Dec 22 2007, 07:53 PM
GMC:er
I just got a new POD XT Live a few hours ago. The problem is that im unable to get any sound out my amp (infact i dont really understand how to use this pedal, its really complex). I read the manual a few times and i couldnt understand much from there either.

The rig im using is:
-Epiphone 1967 Flying V Guitar
-A Vox Valvetronix AD30VT amp
-All new POD XTL
-2 instrument cables

First and foremost, im not even sure if im connecting my equipment together right. My Vox amp has no effects loop so ive put a instrument cable going from the POD XTL output to my amp input (not sure if i should put it through the left or right in the POD's output). So heres how the circuiting goes.

1-My Guitar is connected to the POD's Input
2- From the POD ive connected another wire from the POD's output (not sure if its left or right, none of the give any sound and ive put it on amp setting), to my amps Input.

Still no sound comes. Am i doing anthing wrong here?

Secondly in the manual i saw a long list of effects of Amp models and Cabs. When i go through the bank i noticed theyve mixed effects with amps and theres on 32 in A,B,C,D. Whats the point of having a ABCD? And where do we look if we want a particular amp model?

Im looking for the line 6 insane and a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier model.

This is really confusing and frustrating for me as im unable to use it. THe POD features may be good but in my opinion its just not user friendly.

If theres any information i missed out please let me know.

Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:19 PM