Infinity Infinite, New song in the works!
Trond Vold
Oct 2 2009, 01:23 AM
Instructor
Hi guys smile.gif

Been a while since i last posted a new song, but here's on i've been working on all day smile.gif
Dont pay attention to the soundlevels, certain parts of the drumkit is way too loud! And there's also the usual beta-stage mixing going on smile.gif

There's supposed to be an intro solo at around 0.30, havent gotten around to that yet.
There's also lack of stuff at 0.52 and to 0.57.. not sure what to put there yet smile.gif

Attached File  Infinity_Infinite.mp3 ( 3.39MB ) Number of downloads: 288

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 15)
audiopaal
Oct 2 2009, 10:01 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
The song (Riffs) are awesome, one of your best in my opinion smile.gif
Your guitarsound is kinda sharp, but it actually fits the song so I'm not gonna complain biggrin.gif

I'd like a very different drumsound though.. You need more punch! Alot more! *POW*!
In my humble opinion biggrin.gif

I really liked it though, I might steal something from it laugh.gif

Edit: Typos are following me.. Can you see them? unsure.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by audiopaal: Oct 2 2009, 10:02 AM

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Oct 2 2009, 11:16 AM
GMC:er
Trond, this is killer. I can't wait to hear the finished product!

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 2 2009, 11:23 AM
GMC:er
Great stuff Trond! I look forward to hearing the finished article!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 4 2009, 05:37 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Another killer tune from you man! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Oct 4 2009, 05:57 PM
Experienced Rock Star
The first riff reminds me off Foo Fighters - DOA, than you change progression and give the chords some embelishment. smile.gif The harmonies rule man, the sound itself is pretty good and adequate for the kind of music it is. I think we need some vocals to understand the change to that quiet atmosphere, but i'm guessing that's what you want, to allow a vox to be created, than build up to a stronger melody and, making the guitars more powerful, than with a melody line on top of them, which is awesome.

Nice work man smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Oct 4 2009, 08:15 PM
Instructor
Thanks guys! smile.gif The main backing is soon done, so then i can start with the always fun work of adding solos.

Paal: Yea, it's a bit sharp perhaps.. but i thought the sound had a nice attack smile.gif
The drums are a different story though.. No clue how to make them more ballsy sad.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Oct 4 2009, 08:28 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Oct 4 2009, 09:15 PM) *
Thanks guys! smile.gif The main backing is soon done, so then i can start with the always fun work of adding solos.

Paal: Yea, it's a bit sharp perhaps.. but i thought the sound had a nice attack smile.gif
The drums are a different story though.. No clue how to make them more ballsy sad.gif

I agree it has a nice attack though smile.gif
I'll help you out with the drums if you want?

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 15 2009, 10:00 PM
GMC Founder
Some very cool ideas in here - makes me wish I had time to record some stuff...! sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fingerspasm
Oct 16 2009, 02:15 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Nice to see a new song from you Trond. I have all of your songs on a CD in my truck and I listened to them just yesterday. Can't wait to add the new song to my collection. Would love to see more lessons from you covering your songs and your approach to playing guitar.

--------------------
My Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/FingerSpasm?feature=mhum

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes its the quiet voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 16 2009, 03:38 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Song sounds great so far! I really like the atmosphere! Guitars did sound a little too sharp but I got used to it later on.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 16 2009, 03:44 PM
Instructor
Sounds awesome man. I need to get working on some new tunes as well smile.gif You gave me some inspiration

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
zen
Oct 18 2009, 09:09 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Awesome stuff bro .. listening to this in a loop for a while... makes me wanna sing over some parts .. although im not a vocalist .. tongue.gif

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Oct 23 2009, 12:40 AM
Instructor
Thanks for the nice comments smile.gif

A new more complete version should be up soon smile.gif

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Clare
Oct 23 2009, 05:42 PM
Learning Roadie
hey trond, the song sounds really good, i,m really liking the drum parts, and i always liked your style of rhythm playing, i would like to hear more leads though??....i will definitly be interested in hearing the finished product.

+Quote Post
Staffy
Oct 23 2009, 06:05 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Oct 4 2009, 09:15 PM) *

Sounds great Trond ! Bout the drums I would have added some treble and maybe a tube compressor on the snare, bd and toms, if You got something like this in the DAW. There's always the possibilty to add exciters and such, but personally I dont like them cause they seems to destry a little of the clarity in the sound...

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:09 AM