3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Finished! : A Quiet Moment
Trond Vold
Feb 18 2009, 11:25 PM
Instructor
Here's the finished version of the 2 minute demo i posted the other day incase anyone wants a listen smile.gif

Well, it's still missing vocals offcourse, but the arrangement and song is complete.
I miiiight redo the 2nd half of the solo though at 04.54. When i listened to the mp3 i exported i felt the timing was a bit off, also noticed some volume discrepancies.

Anyhuu. Hope ya'll like it smile.gif

Attached File  A_Quiet_Moment.mp3 ( 9.36MB ) Number of downloads: 381

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Feb 18 2009, 11:52 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
NICE blink.gif

I love it... It's so not you biggrin.gif
Awesome as always mate smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Power_Arctica
Feb 19 2009, 12:04 AM
GMC:er
Fantastic! I love the part that starts at 02:20, great biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
berko
Feb 19 2009, 12:08 AM
ohmy.gif This is definitely something new compared to what I've heard from you so far!

Great job... goes to my iPod NOW. (Do you allow me... artist...?) laugh.gif

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Feb 19 2009, 01:17 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Feb 18 2009, 11:52 PM) *
NICE blink.gif

I love it... It's so not you biggrin.gif
Awesome as always mate smile.gif

Thanks biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Power_Arctica @ Feb 19 2009, 12:04 AM) *
Fantastic! I love the part that starts at 02:20, great biggrin.gif

Thanks! smile.gif Yea, i was quite pleased with that section smile.gif

QUOTE (berko @ Feb 19 2009, 12:08 AM) *
ohmy.gif This is definitely something new compared to what I've heard from you so far!

Great job... goes to my iPod NOW. (Do you allow me... artist...?) laugh.gif

Thanks smile.gif Offcourse! Put it everywhere you can smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
skennington
Feb 19 2009, 01:19 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Trond.....This sounds great man! A rock radio station would be all over this for sure. smile.gif I would hope for you to try and do something with this song man, you could make some cash with this style here in the State's bro. Good luck! smile.gif

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Feb 19 2009, 01:26 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
This is my favourite from you so far. Awesome!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Feb 19 2009, 02:22 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (skennington @ Feb 19 2009, 01:19 AM) *
Trond.....This sounds great man! A rock radio station would be all over this for sure. smile.gif I would hope for you to try and do something with this song man, you could make some cash with this style here in the State's bro. Good luck! smile.gif

Thanks! biggrin.gif
I'm planning to try getting my songs more published and sent around once i get them recorded properly with good drums and vocals.. and with a tad more allaround professional production.
Doubt much will happen really, but atleast i'll try harder then smile.gif

QUOTE (coffeeman @ Feb 19 2009, 01:26 AM) *
This is my favourite from you so far. Awesome!

Thanks alot smile.gif

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Feb 19 2009, 03:04 AM
Experienced Rock Star
the ambience is just so great...What's making the harmony? another acoustic guitar or a piano or something like that? I love it...Like I said before, it's not something people expect from you, but that just shows how good guitarist you are...versatile and original smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Feb 19 2009, 03:36 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
All of your songs are really good but this one is one of my favorites bro! You still have the great rhythms and powerful riffing yet I think with this you could capture a larger fan base. By that I mean it's more relatable and pleasing for your average listener to rock out to.

Great job man! This is awesome!!

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
JamesT
Feb 19 2009, 04:15 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
This is a really good song Trond. You've got something going on here. Your getting a trademark sound that IS "Trond". cool.gif The solo was killer too espically that "dark" sounding part at the end. Man, keep doing what you're doing. This was great.

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 19 2009, 08:08 AM
GMC Founder
Very cool Trond biggrin.gif - I am going to listen to this one a bunch of times now!

--------------------

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Feb 19 2009, 09:23 AM
Learning Roadie
THAT my friend is an *AWESOME* track.. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Feb 19 2009, 11:19 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Very nice track, and would fit the radio nicely:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Feb 19 2009, 11:23 AM
Instructor
This is getting really good!!!!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Mandos
Feb 19 2009, 02:46 PM
Wow, this track is awesome Trond.

--------------------
[color="#808080"]Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Gothic with EMG 81 and 85, Crafter Acoustic, ESP LTD F-205

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Feb 19 2009, 02:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Feb 19 2009, 03:04 AM) *
the ambience is just so great...What's making the harmony? another acoustic guitar or a piano or something like that? I love it...Like I said before, it's not something people expect from you, but that just shows how good guitarist you are...versatile and original smile.gif

Thanks alot! smile.gif
I'm not using any acoustic guitars or pianos on this track.
I use a delayed clean-sound i made on the GT-8 with a huge amount of double up guitartracks ontop.

QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Feb 19 2009, 03:36 AM) *
All of your songs are really good but this one is one of my favorites bro! You still have the great rhythms and powerful riffing yet I think with this you could capture a larger fan base. By that I mean it's more relatable and pleasing for your average listener to rock out to.

Great job man! This is awesome!!

Thanks! biggrin.gif Does this mean i've turned mainstream? ;)

QUOTE (JamesT @ Feb 19 2009, 04:15 AM) *
This is a really good song Trond. You've got something going on here. Your getting a trademark sound that IS "Trond". cool.gif The solo was killer too espically that "dark" sounding part at the end. Man, keep doing what you're doing. This was great.

Thanks alot!:)

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Feb 19 2009, 08:08 AM) *
Very cool Trond biggrin.gif - I am going to listen to this one a bunch of times now!

Thanks Kris! smile.gif Glad you found it to be re-listenable! smile.gif

QUOTE (-Zion- @ Feb 19 2009, 09:23 AM) *
THAT my friend is an *AWESOME* track.. biggrin.gif

Thanks! smile.gif

QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Feb 19 2009, 11:19 AM) *
Very nice track, and would fit the radio nicely:)

Thank you smile.gif

QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Feb 19 2009, 11:23 AM) *
This is getting really good!!!!

Thanks David! smile.gif

QUOTE (Mandos @ Feb 19 2009, 02:46 PM) *
Wow, this track is awesome Trond.

Thanks alot smile.gif

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 19 2009, 06:29 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I really love the beginning, the sad part until 1:10 or so, I mean the whole song is really good but that part really gets to me, with the clean guitar over the riffing, and again at 5:30.

Really good.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Les Paul
Feb 19 2009, 06:38 PM
Very nice demo. Post your updated demo for comparison later.

I always think about "colors" when listening to music. What type of color where you going after?

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 19 2009, 09:06 PM
GMC Founder
I have been playing around a little with this one - and if my voice decides to cooperate I'll upload a draft of an idea I got. Once again this is a very catchy and atmospheric tune - well done Trond!

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:28 PM