I Really Need Your Help Guys, Internship in international politics
Crazy_Diamond
Jun 15 2010, 08:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi guys,

I have been away from GMC for a while since I was pretty busy around. I haven't practiced much either in the last month but I have always looked at the new GMC lesson coming out each day.

I have mentionned it a few time before but I am doing my master degree in international politics. I have almost completed my classes and now I have to find an internship that will allow me to complete my diploma. I have a problem with this internship since my program is pretty new in my university. They haven't done enough networking yet and they can't really help me find an internship.

Since GMC is really an awesome community I taught that some of you could maybe help me in my quest to the intenrship. I have tried to apply in a lot of canadian governmental programs but nothing seems to work well. I hope that some of you could help me in my quest.

I don't mind if your connection are in foreign country I would really like to travel also. I have some qualification in negociation, crisis management, analysis, research, I can write some diplomatic note, some recommendations and many more.

The internship as to be for at least 3 and a half month but It could also be longer. Also it doesn't need to be paid (of course I would prefer to be paid but I am not too picky on this subject tongue.gif ). I would really like to start in autumn but it can also move. My school don't ask for much criteria since we are about 30 students in the same situations, the only rules we have is that it as to be link in a manner to the international politics.

All your suggestions are more then welcome and if you have your ideas but not sure if it applies go ahead and I would judge.

I hope some of you are going to be able to help me since it is really difficult to me to get that internship.

Many thanks for your cooperation !!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 15 2010, 08:39 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I don't have any connections, but a suggestion. Did you check out the websites of canadian embassies abroad? Or of any other embassies in Canada? In Germany, political institutions offer lots of internships, surely this is also true for other countries? I checked the canadian embassy in germany (www.kanada.de), but they only offer an internship starting next april...
Don't know if this idea helps...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Jun 15 2010, 09:26 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks for your help bro....

I have send some e-mail to all the embassy but I haven't got any positive reply..... I have also tried to apply for a program with the embassy in Germany but they told me they could'nt help me ....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Jun 16 2010, 01:23 AM
Instructor
hard one man, i only got the studio and just musical-connections... i'm afraid i can't help sad.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Jun 16 2010, 01:40 AM
Learning Rock Star
Too bad Adrian it would ave been awesome to spend some time in Lima, Perú...

Thanks for your reply ...

--------------------

+Quote Post
kahall
Jun 16 2010, 04:04 AM
Learning Roadie
We have big important elections this November in the U.S. I am not sure what your internship must consist of but if it is politics surely some candidate would have you. Especially if you are willing to work for cheap. You would have to get on it now though instead of the fall.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Gary
Jun 16 2010, 07:45 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (kahall @ Jun 16 2010, 04:04 AM) *
We have big important elections this November in the U.S. I am not sure what your internship must consist of but if it is politics surely some candidate would have you. Especially if you are willing to work for cheap. You would have to get on it now though instead of the fall.

Yup.. great idea Kahall. The gov race for California is just getting under way so that may be a place to start. If you do come to US I would suggest trying to hook up with a republican candidate first, as this will likely look better on your resume after the elections laugh.gif

+Quote Post
zen
Jun 16 2010, 10:18 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Unfortunately, Cant help you there but wish you all the best !!

This post has been edited by zen: Jun 16 2010, 10:18 AM

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jun 16 2010, 11:37 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
As a suggestion - if it fits your course's criteria consider looking at an intern with the big international NGO Aid Agencies like Medicines san Frontiers, War on Want and so on. Most work with Governmental aid departments and so may fit the theme of International Politics.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 16 2010, 01:09 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Have you tried searching in an NGO sector? Maybe you can find your spot there and its easier to get in...

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Jun 16 2010, 05:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (kahall @ Jun 15 2010, 11:04 PM) *

Thanks for the suggestion but since it's only touching the US politics so I don't think it would be accepted. And since I am not american it would be more difficult to work for them. But thanks for the tips

QUOTE (Gary @ Jun 16 2010, 02:45 AM) *
Yup.. great idea Kahall. The gov race for California is just getting under way so that may be a place to start. If you do come to US I would suggest trying to hook up with a republican candidate first, as this will likely look better on your resume after the elections laugh.gif

Man I love California but unfortunately I don't think it applies for the same reason I mentionned to Kahall.

QUOTE (zen @ Jun 16 2010, 05:18 AM) *
Unfortunately, Cant help you there but wish you all the best !!

Many thanks

QUOTE (tonymiro @ Jun 16 2010, 06:37 AM) *
As a suggestion - if it fits your course's criteria consider looking at an intern with the big international NGO Aid Agencies like Medicines san Frontiers, War on Want and so on. Most work with Governmental aid departments and so may fit the theme of International Politics.

Thanks for the suggestion Tonymiro I have already tried with the Red cross but never thought about Médecin sans frontière. I will continue to send out some resume.

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jun 16 2010, 08:09 AM) *
Have you tried searching in an NGO sector? Maybe you can find your spot there and its easier to get in...

You'r right Bogdan the NGO sector is easier to get in.... I think I just have to contiue sending some resume and calling for a follow trought.....

Many thanks to all of you who have replied........ You made my day

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Jun 21 2010, 06:09 PM
Learning Rock Star
Anyone else ???

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:08 AM