Petra, Looking for their heaviest stuff
thefireball
Jul 21 2010, 01:01 AM
Learning Roadie
Hello GMC! Anybody into or familiar with Petra? They're an 80s band. Just looking for their heaviest music they have. I know they aren't a metal or hard rock band, but just looking for something that's not really soft. I can always preview their albums on iTunes, but do you know how many albums they have? tongue.gif I just figured I'd ask you guys. Thanks for any help. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Artemus
Jul 21 2010, 01:48 AM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
Do you mean the grammy award winning Christian band?
If you haven't heard it, listen to their last proper album, Jekyll and Hyde. There's some mean riffage on that, really crunchy stuff - miles away from the cheese they produce in the early days
One of my favourite albums by them was Wake Up Call. Rock orientated, but some fine tunes.. check out Underneath The Blood

Plenty on youtube, eg.
0:29 ...if that ain't hard rock, I don't know what is biggrin.gif

Forgot to mention: if you want heavier Petra, their album No Doubt is misleading. I remember hearing two pretty good heavy tracks from that album when it first came out - I recommended it to a friend and he and I were disappointed to learn that they were the only heavy tracks on the whole album. "Heart of A Hero" and "Right Place" were the two heavies - the rest I'd consider ballads

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 21 2010, 01:51 AM
Learning Roadie
Thanks, i'll check it out! smile.gif\

That IS hard rock!!! Tasty!

This post has been edited by thefireball: Jul 21 2010, 01:52 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:37 PM