Very Proud Of My Country Today
Todd Simpson
Nov 8 2020, 01:51 AM
GMC:er
We have finally had a breakthrough at the very top of the glass ceiling. The first Black/Asian/Female elected to the executive branch of our govt. I"m very proud today of my countrymen. They have put aside hate, fear, bigotry, and embraced inevitable change. My country is changing. We will have a "Minority Majority" in a few short decades. Change is at the core of who we are and always has been. It's good to see my countrymen embracing change rather than being afraid of it. For the first time in a long time, I'm hopeful about the future of the United states. For young girls of color, this is a great day indeed. They can look to the highest office in the land and see a face that looks like theirs for the first time since the founding of our republic.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 9 2020, 05:06 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Nov 8 2020, 06:46 PM
Learning Tone Master
Funny how Kris does not shut these threads down .. did you not vote to keep politics out of here ? . I for 1 am not proud of a president elect that made the crime bill that put many Blacks in prison for non violent crimes whilst Kamala made a career of putting people in jail for drug use whilst she bragged about smoking pot on the 'the brilliant idiots podcast' , but to everyone their own opinion

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 8 2020, 07:10 PM
Like the ones before, it was long and painful and finally over smile.gif

Both candidates got the highest vote number ever on their side so congrats on that. Some were afraid of riots etc. and glad this also didn't happen.

Todays I learned something called an "evergreen file" from a radio host. It's basically a list of topics that are used if nothing important happened that day, he said he never needed it during Trump period smile.gif I'm sure he will be remembered for a long while (with the good and bad).

On the other hand, it is at-least politically correct ethic for the winning candidate giving a positive and nation-connecting message right after the news. What happens next time will tell.

This post has been edited by Mertay: Nov 8 2020, 07:12 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 8 2020, 10:59 PM
GMC Founder
Hey Todd - it makes my day to hear you are proud of your country. I have sensed your frustration for a long time. Hopefully this will help brighten your days ❤️ 👊

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 9 2020, 05:11 AM
I'm very happy for the future of our young people. Especially young girls of color. Until now they could not look to the highest office in the land for an example of what they could be. Now they can. The last "Glass Ceiling " is finally being broken. I realize that these qualities do NOT make a great leader. That's not what I'm on about. I'm just happy to see our highest political office finally being open to women and women of color at that. I see it as a very positive step forward and we can use all the positive outcomes we can get smile.gif

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 8 2020, 05:59 PM) *
Hey Todd - it makes my day to hear you are proud of your country. I have sensed your frustration for a long time. Hopefully this will help brighten your days ❤️ 👊

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 9 2020, 09:05 AM
GMC Founder
Yep! The more skilled people to choose from - the better our leaders will be!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 9 2020, 02:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 9 2020, 01:11 AM) *
I'm very happy for the future of our young people. Especially young girls of color. Until now they could not look to the highest office in the land for an example of what they could be. Now they can. The last "Glass Ceiling " is finally being broken. I realize that these qualities do NOT make a great leader. That's not what I'm on about. I'm just happy to see our highest political office finally being open to women and women of color at that. I see it as a very positive step forward and we can use all the positive outcomes we can get smile.gif

Beautiful news! Congrats. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Nov 10 2020, 08:05 PM
Learning Tone Master
for the record , the board of elections has not referred to them as president elect . In Michigan alone there is proof a voter 'glitch' causing 6000 trump votes to go for biden and there is another 47 counties to make sure this did not happen too . Biden got more of the black votes in Chicago than Obama , A guy responsible for a bill that put non violent offenders ( mostly black ) in prison for life --ooooookay.
\
Google it for yourself . Kris usually erases my sources as fake .. but this ain't over until the beautiful new supreme court justice weighs in

Todd , I noticed how thrilled you were about a female of color being VP ,, are you equally jazzed about the gop having a record number of incoming female Law makers

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Nov 10 2020, 09:50 PM

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 10 2020, 08:52 PM
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Nov 10 2020, 07:05 PM) *

Something as an outsider I noticed was the candidates worked more to bring out voters as much as possible rather than try pulling them to the other side, as the USA voting rate is known to be very low (till now).

Though covid caused, the mailing system gaining popularity has a huge role in the high vote rate (on both sides). From what I understand normally voting by mail required extra effort (?) but cause of covid the process for the people got much easier this election.

So when I think about it Trump calling his base not to vote by mail was a mistake, specially when I looked at the map the red was mostly from lesser crowded places meaning these people had to drive a while to vote if they didn't want to use mailing. My guess is this caused significant lowering of his votes like, people who support him thought he was going to win anyway (as its rare a president doesn't do 2nd term) and simply didn't vote.

I'm also following on recount and legal claims for vote correction but at the moment (again for an outsider) Trumps chances turning this around seems slim.

This post has been edited by Mertay: Nov 10 2020, 08:53 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Nov 10 2020, 09:34 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Mertay @ Nov 10 2020, 08:52 PM) *
Something as an outsider I noticed was the candidates worked more to bring out voters as much as possible rather than try pulling them to the other side, as the USA voting rate is known to be very low (till now).

Though covid caused, the mailing system gaining popularity has a huge role in the high vote rate (on both sides). From what I understand normally voting by mail required extra effort (?) but cause of covid the process for the people got much easier this election.

So when I think about it Trump calling his base not to vote by mail was a mistake, specially when I looked at the map the red was mostly from lesser crowded places meaning these people had to drive a while to vote if they didn't want to use mailing. My guess is this caused significant lowering of his votes like, people who support him thought he was going to win anyway (as its rare a president doesn't do 2nd term) and simply didn't vote.

I'm also following on recount and legal claims for vote correction but at the moment (again for an outsider) Trumps chances turning this around seems slim.

Trump doesnt have to win , he needs to show wide spread voter fraud and the "states" get to vote .no matter , 50 percent of the population will find the citing president as illegitimate

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Nov 10 2020, 09:47 PM

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 10 2020, 09:41 PM
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Nov 10 2020, 08:34 PM) *
no matter who wins , the American people have lost

Thats grim, the parties I votes for maybe the last 20 years never won and it sucks but feeling depressed like there's no tomorrow is the worst of what you can do to yourself.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 10 2020, 11:15 PM
I'm always happy to see cracks in the glass ceiling smile.gif I am not affiliated with either party so the more inclusiveness that happens in either party, the better, imho wink.gif I"m very happy to see women, minorities, any under represented group get a bit more representation.

I am against any type of fraud in our voting system of course. Most folks don't know that our election doesn't actually happen until next year! The ELECTORAL COLLEGE doesn't meet until January to make the final selection. Some states have "bound electors" that must vote along with the winner of the majority for a given state. Some staes have "unbound electors" and they can pretty much vote any way they like, no matter who won the popular vote. This is why we have had 5 presidents win the office while LOSING the popular vote. Some folks say we should get rid of the electoral college entirely and I have to agree that we would be better off without it. But that's a matter for another time as it involves amending the constitution which is very hard to do. The electoral college came in to being as a way to keep huge national mood swings from impacting the vote during a presidential election. It's a bit of an artifact. Sadly, we are likely stuck with it.

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Nov 10 2020, 03:05 PM) *
for the record , the board of elections has not referred to them as president elect . In Michigan alone there is proof a voter 'glitch' causing 6000 trump votes to go for biden and there is another 47 counties to make sure this did not happen too . Biden got more of the black votes in Chicago than Obama , A guy responsible for a bill that put non violent offenders ( mostly black ) in prison for life --ooooookay.
\
Google it for yourself . Kris usually erases my sources as fake .. but this ain't over until the beautiful new supreme court justice weighs in

Todd , I noticed how thrilled you were about a female of color being VP ,, are you equally jazzed about the gop having a record number of incoming female Law makers

50 percent found the last president as illegitimate smile.gif He took office reglardless. Even though he was one of the 5 people to lose the popular vote and still win the office. He's expected to be a sore loser about all this, and that's his choice. In the end, it will just tarnish his name for the history books imho. It's all over but the shouting and the riots wink.gif

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Nov 10 2020, 04:34 PM) *
Trump doesnt have to win , he needs to show wide spread voter fraud and the "states" get to vote .no matter , 50 percent of the population will find the citing president as illegitimate

Sadly, the state department is actually saying that they are preparing for a second Trump Administration. So for the first time ever, we have an executive branch refusing to step down in advance of the next executive coming to office. We are in dangerous territory here. I have faith in our democracy. We will find out if that faith is well founded.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 11 2020, 03:10 AM

+Quote Post
klasaine
Nov 11 2020, 06:41 AM
jstcrsn is right Kris, you should shut this down pronto because it's gonna get ugly.

This country has never had anything even remotely resembling "wide spread voter fraud" in elections ... anywhere,ever. And we don't have it now. The votes still being counted are mail in ballots, most of them military personnel, Americans living abroad, and early voting ballots that some governors ordered to NOT be counted early.
It's a shit show of their own making. Agitprop at it's finest.

The people have spoken.
End of story.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Nov 11 2020, 08:30 AM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 11 2020, 08:59 AM
GMC Founder
This thread did not have to go into political hot zone, but it did. So I am closing now.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:09 PM