4 Questions
lespaulkevin
Jul 1 2006, 10:46 PM
GMC:er
4 Questions laugh.gif

1. Anyone have any recording tips or secrets that they would like to share considering i'm pretty weak at recording. It always ends up that my recordings sound way worse than what i play live and when i try to record using my amp it sounds way more distorted than before, any suggestions? :think

2. This is about the relative minor, say your in key of a minor and your using the a minor natural scale to solo over and considering the other positions with the relative minor whcih you could use c major scale would there be any way to use modes when soloing over a minor progression?

3. I have no idea how to use a metronome i've been using one and it works well with increasing my speed on a certain passage but i get confused on how to use it. When i have it on a slow bpm i could go really quick or really slow or mediocre how do you know what to do??

4. It being the summer and stuff, when I come out of the pool I refuse to touch my guitar. Could the chlorine affect the paint job on my guitar or have I just been wasting my time?

Thank you I appreciate it a lot biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lezenko
Jul 2 2006, 10:00 PM
1# Well what hardware are you using? a jack lead into linein/mic? Virtual Amp (pod2/V-amp)? I think what id do bit by bit, create drum beats/bass line for intro.....then add the guitar....same for verse and solo etc

2# Im still learning theory so i cant help.

3# Metronome is usually based on tempo. how many notes is played between each "tick-tock"

#4 depends on the materiel of the guitar. If its wood then maybe so, just remember to get in the shower/dry off before you touch it. Mine is wood but is completely covered in fiberglass so it wouldnt affect the body at all......however the neck it could do. Not too sure.

hope this helps

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
lespaulkevin
Jul 6 2006, 02:36 PM
anyone else??

+Quote Post
ColinMurphy
Jul 6 2006, 08:43 PM
QUOTE (lespaulkevin)
4 Questions  :lol:  

1.  Anyone have any recording tips or secrets that they would like to share considering i'm pretty weak at recording.  It always ends up that my recordings sound way worse than what i play live and when i try to record using my amp it sounds way more distorted than before, any suggestions?  :think  

2.  This is about the relative minor, say your in key of a minor and your using the a minor natural scale to solo over and considering the other positions with the relative minor whcih you could use c major scale would there be any way to use modes when soloing over a minor progression?

3.  I have no idea how to use a metronome i've been using one and it works well with increasing my speed on a certain passage but i get confused on how to use it.  When i have it on a slow bpm i could go really quick or really slow or mediocre how do you know what to do??  

4.  It being the summer and stuff, when I come out of the pool I refuse to touch my guitar.  Could the chlorine affect the paint job on my guitar or have I just been wasting my time?

Thank you I appreciate it a lot  :D

1. Don't use much gain and double track/ pan rhythms hard left and right (80% each track).

2. I don't really understand the question but you can use modes while soloing in a natural minor. Basically, you are already using a mode (Aoelian) if you are using natural minor. Very simply, hitting different tonics will change the sound and modes.

3. Rule of thumb, when doing 1234 chromatics, it is usually done in 16th notes which is four notes per click, so play one string per click. 3nps runs can be easily divided into triplets (3 notes per click) but if you want to try to understand the beat more, you should break out of the "one string per beat" idea.

4. I have never heard of that but I'm not exactly qualified to give you an answer on that :wink: .

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:11 PM