Feedback / Intro
JD_
Oct 28 2011, 08:11 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey guys, I have been with GMC for just a few months now after recently picking up the guitar again after about 7or so years away from it.
Best thing I ever did was to start playing again.
This is a great website, provides you with all the tools to move forward in your playing.
The tools I have found most useful have been the REC program, valuable feedback from Instructors has directed me to where I want to go and how I want to sound. The collaborations are very good tools to start composing your own material.

The wide variety of styles and technique available to work on makes this a great place to be.

One thing I would suggest to ppl is to find a few goals...in terms of a lesson here...a short term medium and long term goal.
Very usefull for inspiration and even though there may be a lesson that is way over your head, get in there and learn 1 ot 2 licks/riffs and just incorporate it into you noodling around time, when u have mastered it move onto another lick and so on,.....

I have learned alot from the Instructors and their V Chats too.

Get a practice routine happening and you goals become closer everyday....

See you all around the forum and REC post's...

Cheers cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by JaxN4: Oct 28 2011, 08:14 AM

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 28 2011, 09:12 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Oct 28 2011, 08:11 AM) *
Very usefull for inspiration and even though there may be a lesson that is way over your head, get in there and learn 1 ot 2 licks/riffs and just incorporate it into you noodling around time, when u have mastered it move onto another lick and so on,.....

Great post ! I totally agree with the idea of picking something from more advanced lessons.. even if you can't play the whole piece (or maybe don't want to, or need to) you can take just one or two things from it and work it into your practice smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 28 2011, 10:47 AM
Instructor
I agree Jax, it's a great place to study. People need to find their goals, that's the most important thing, they need to understand what they want. That may seem like something that everybody already know, while in fact this is the only thing that is preventing most people for achieving their goals (not knowing what they are). If you know, you can make use of the vast information that exists.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Oct 28 2011, 02:44 PM
Instructor
Great advice! I think that's very important. To set a goal of where you want to be as a guitarist and musician, first short term, and long term as well,

you're gonna get there anyway, just put the time and discipline, that's a guarantee,

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Oct 28 2011, 08:45 PM
Instructor
Nice story and very wise thinking,keep rocking wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 28 2011, 11:42 PM
Instructor
I agree! And you know that we're here so, always rely on our super team for help mate!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:19 PM