Do You Buy Artist Presets?
PosterBoy
Jul 10 2020, 10:18 AM
Learning Roadie
I used to do a lot more tweaking with the Axe FX Ultra than I'm wanting to do now with the AX8.

I bought the Austin Buddy Dream Rig straight away when I bought the Ax8 and last week Andy Wood release a set of 8 presets that he uses.

STL Tones has quite a few interesting packs that interest me, John Feldman has one that fits into the punky side of me and they have an Andy James one now.

At this point in my life and guitar playng I'd rather pay a bit and get something that i just need to tweak slightly for my needs rather spend hours starting from scratch.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 10 2020, 03:00 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jul 10 2020, 03:18 AM) *
I used to do a lot more tweaking with the Axe FX Ultra than I'm wanting to do now with the AX8.

I bought the Austin Buddy Dream Rig straight away when I bought the Ax8 and last week Andy Wood release a set of 8 presets that he uses.

STL Tones has quite a few interesting packs that interest me, John Feldman has one that fits into the punky side of me and they have an Andy James one now.

At this point in my life and guitar playng I'd rather pay a bit and get something that i just need to tweak slightly for my needs rather spend hours starting from scratch.

Hey man, that's how I feel too. I've purchased several different things over the years to get me that "tone". I think my first one was from EZmix's line up: I have a couple of the Metal Guitar Gods Expansion packs (1 & 3). It's got some Meshuggah, Misha, and Andy James tones in it. That worked for a while, until I felt like I wanted to try out Misha Mansoor's ToneForge made by JST. ... and now tongue.gif I have Zilla cabs made by GGD (Nolly Getgood) to use in conjunction with my free LePou amp sims. Kinda funny how things kept changing. All in all, each of these tone packs I have will work great, but I kept / keep changing because I think the next model will help me improve my tone even better. Or maybe I'm just experimenting with different tones - yeah we'll say that biggrin.gif

All of this is fine, but at the end of the day, we just have to settle on what we've purchased and try to make music with what we have. smile.gif
But I totally get yah - I actually have thought before, "man, if I could just get "so-and-so's" template from their DAW, I could have my mix sounding killer just like theirs! I could write music without endlessly tweaking everything." But then, I guess the adventure and opportunity for growth for myself would not be there.

But I'm still not above purchasing something from an artist again laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 06:17 AM