> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

(8.8, Pass) Beginner's Corner 1: Open Chords, Lesson By Bear Rose
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [20.00%]
9 [ 4 ] ** [80.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 5

alexpabue
Jan 7 2012, 01:47 AM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Beginner's Corner 1: Open Chords by Bear Rose

My first REC program video try!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by alexpabue: Jan 7 2012, 01:48 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 7 2012, 12:07 PM
Instructor
Excellent job with strumming, you strum all the strings as one, very swiftly, which is very positive thing, and you do it with relaxed motion from the wrist, which is another positive thing. Also, palm muting is being done nicely. Guitar is nicely in tune for the chords too, and you are standing, which is another +

The thing that you need to work on is timing. It's not very good in the take. You need to lock your strums with the drums, specially the snare, and be very careful about it. Try to do it slowly with the drums, and anticipate when you really need to strum the strings. You are mostly rushing ahead of the beat, so try ti fix that. It will be perfect then.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 9 2012, 10:28 AM
Instructor
Hi Alex, welcome to GMC and welcome to REC ! smile.gif

I agree with Ivan.. excellent strumming, chord changes and tone !

Playing in front of the beat (rushing) is very common in the early stages of playing.. mainly because we're concentrating very hard and not relaxing with the beat. I want you to try something:

First, try playing behind the beat deliberately.. in other words, a bit slower so it sounds like you're late with the beat. You already know what it sounds like and feels like to play in front of the beat so now I want you to know what it's like to be behind the beat. From that point (behind the beat), just keep bringing it forward slightly until you're locked in with the drums.

By first knowing the extremes (in front and behind) you will get to know the middle.

This takes practice, just like any other aspect of guitar.. but it will be good for you to get the feeling of being in control of your pace smile.gif

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Jan 9 2012, 10:30 AM

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 9 2012, 04:33 PM
Instructor
I agree with Ben and Ivan, your technique, sound and chord changing looks great to me!

There's definitely a bit of rushing, it's very common, I still struggle with that a bit, what I do is really feel that you hold back in your body, I kind of do it at feel...Because if I really let myself go with the music I've noticed I tend to rush a bit by default, but when I consciously hold back the tempo intentionally against the beat, I "magically" lock-in much better and sound tighter,

So take that into account, but move on to more challenging lessons,

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 9 2012, 05:07 PM
Instructor
Mate, I also agree with my fellows and I would add that a great way to improve your timing would be to tap your foot to the ground while playing so that you may put your internal clock in motion smile.gif I usually move a lot when I'm playing because my body helps me a lot! Give it a try and see what happens biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 9 2012, 05:29 PM
Instructor
I have nothing particular to add in relation to what they have told my colleagues, excellent shot, just continue to practice smile.gif !

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 16 2012, 03:56 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
8.8 (pass)

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 01:34 AM