Some Experimentation..
Trond Vold
Apr 8 2010, 03:04 AM
Instructor
Hi guys! Seems like i finally have a new idea going! Working on some old songs seems to have worked by giving me some ideas.

I think a good reason why i ran out of ideas was because of the same constant tone i was using, so i've tried to alter it abit, making it all more exciting smile.gif
But not sure how well it works, so i decided to upload a little sample.

Please note; There's no bass on the first part of the sample, and on the 2nd part.. it might be a bit to loud smile.gif (So are the strings!)

Personally i kinda like the sound, but it might be borderline muddy.
What do you think?

Attached File  Testtttttttttt.mp3 ( 1.31MB ) Number of downloads: 284

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 8 2010, 03:07 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
To be honest, this is offensively awesome. This has amazing potential, You need to finish it. The bass seemed to sit fine to me and the strings, I actually liked there presence, it was enough in the mix to add the drama without drowning out the guitars. The only other thing was that I wasn't too fond of the snare, But overall this is just another awesome piece of music from you. Great job.

Now finish it! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Apr 8 2010, 03:24 AM
Instructor
"Offensively awesome" biggrin.gif Thanks!

My goal with this one is to make it somewhat coherent, and not made up of dozens of different sections. Which is both easier and trickier at the same time..

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Apr 8 2010, 03:49 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I like this new tone a lot Trond!! Well for rythem anyway.

It's very crunchy and warm, also it's cutting through the mix just right. Grove and song progression are nice also.

When you decide to cut your lead tracks in just change the sound some to give it a more bold sound (highs and mids, also split stereo with a delay) and everything will mix together really nice I think.

Cheers Bro!

Your buddy Skillet! smile.gif

EDIT: PS --- I love the whammy dive at 0:27 into the change

Edit2 (sorry) ---- PM me if you want to share some ideas. I really like this short take and would love the chance to JAM over it and share some ideas. Of course you could have them when we get finished because I'm just in it for the fun factor and not the money laugh.gif laugh.gif smile.gif

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Apr 8 2010, 04:03 AM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Apr 8 2010, 04:00 AM
Instructor
very very very good tone!!
the intro reminds me i don't why to papa roach (and i love jerry's tone)

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
kahall
Apr 8 2010, 04:10 AM
Learning Roadie
love that sound.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Apr 8 2010, 04:54 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Awesome sound. And as the uncreator says , please finish it. Is nice to have your songs back, pure talent!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
thefireball
Apr 8 2010, 05:22 AM
Learning Roadie
At first i didn't hear a difference (don't know why)-- then i listened again more closely and i could tell a difference. I love it! Sounds great! I had to compare it to the old tracks you've done and then I heard the difference. I like it a lot! I love the dive you did! I hope one day I'll get the tone I seek. I've heard it's mostly in your fingers, but I'm still not getting tone I'd like......anyways.....haha...best of luck in your new ideas! I'm glad you've had a rekindling of your ideas. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Apr 8 2010, 07:33 PM
Instructor
Thanks alot guys! smile.gif Feels good having some ideas again!

QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Apr 8 2010, 04:49 AM) *
I like this new tone a lot Trond!! Well for rythem anyway.

It's very crunchy and warm, also it's cutting through the mix just right. Grove and song progression are nice also.

When you decide to cut your lead tracks in just change the sound some to give it a more bold sound (highs and mids, also split stereo with a delay) and everything will mix together really nice I think.

Cheers Bro!

Your buddy Skillet! smile.gif

EDIT: PS --- I love the whammy dive at 0:27 into the change

Edit2 (sorry) ---- PM me if you want to share some ideas. I really like this short take and would love the chance to JAM over it and share some ideas. Of course you could have them when we get finished because I'm just in it for the fun factor and not the money laugh.gif laugh.gif smile.gif

The more ideas the better smile.gif Sounds like fun to me smile.gif
Will drop you a message after work.

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
relaxenjoy
Apr 8 2010, 07:45 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I agree, this rocks.

Great tone and I looove the rhythm, I really dig music like this!!

Definitely consider this more encouragement to finish!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Apr 8 2010, 09:50 PM
Instructor
sounds good Trond . i like it

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Apr 9 2010, 02:21 AM
Instructor
Added some new stuff to it, but now i've entangled myself in my usual mess and not sure how to continue biggrin.gif

Attached File  Lala.mp3 ( 2.14MB ) Number of downloads: 232

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 9 2010, 02:31 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
What you got right there is perfect for the beginning of the song. Right after where it ends, the next riffs should bring in the vocals I think, Its a perfect setup for a dramatic song, and I also think some strings would sound good with the verses as well, keep the tensions rolling.

I like where its headed though, sounds awesome!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Apr 9 2010, 04:41 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Apr 8 2010, 08:21 PM) *
Added some new stuff to it, but now i've entangled myself in my usual mess and not sure how to continue biggrin.gif

Attached File  Lala.mp3 ( 2.14MB ) Number of downloads: 232

ohmy.gif It's getting better! smile.gif Loving it! Here's an idea, if you're still stuck, maybe some part in the song make the song go a little quieter, then rip on the solo when the music swells- with maybe a whammy bar scream (from the body of the guitar and pull up: instead of a dive bomb.) haha, just an idea. Just would like to help one of my top favorite guitarists. smile.gif Maybe what i said will lead you to another idea if that's not what you had in mind. You'll do great on this song - i have faith in you. I'll pray for you to get some ideas. smile.gif Good luck!

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 9 2010, 05:03 AM
GMC:er
Great tone man!! Reminds me to Papa Roach as Adrian said.

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Apr 14 2010, 04:07 AM
Instructor
Well, seems like my song took another direction than i first had planned out smile.gif
Made 2 verses and a chorus, a placeholder for a solo or two.. and a quiet part.. but problem is that i'm not sure the first section fits into the song anymore smile.gif

(The exported mp3 clips a few times.. had the volume and bass too high again) smile.gif

Attached File  Lala2.mp3 ( 4.89MB ) Number of downloads: 230

--------------------

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 14 2010, 09:12 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Wow Trond this song sounds very powerful! I really like this guitar tone, production sounds very good too (sounds expencive smile.gif )! Great job on developing the song... smile.gif

QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Apr 14 2010, 05:07 AM) *
Well, seems like my song took another direction than i first had planned out smile.gif
Made 2 verses and a chorus, a placeholder for a solo or two.. and a quiet part.. but problem is that i'm not sure the first section fits into the song anymore smile.gif

(The exported mp3 clips a few times.. had the volume and bass too high again) smile.gif

Attached File  Lala2.mp3 ( 4.89MB ) Number of downloads: 230

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Apr 15 2010, 12:53 AM
Learning Roadie
Yeah i like the new turn in the direction of the song! I especially like the part when you back the distortion off for a bit. Makes for a dramatic comeback. I think this new direction flows better too! Awesome!!! Keep it up!

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Apr 15 2010, 01:06 AM
Learning Roadie
this sounds really awsome Trond smile.gif maybe you could do a lesson out of it after its finished tongue.gif ??

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Apr 15 2010, 01:11 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:05 PM