2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Fastest Guitar Player Atm
Qenzoz
Oct 20 2011, 11:16 PM
GMC:er
So, John Taylor, has set a new record 600 bpm, playing flight of the freaking bumblebee tongue.gif, set: 4/23/2011

Btw, not sure if this topic has been created, I saw one a while back, but that was the 340 BPM one, Tiago Della Vega, or what he is called, set that one, anywho, if it haven't been created, it is created now smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Qenzoz: Oct 20 2011, 11:16 PM

--------------------
Guitar
Suhr S4 Pro Series Bengal Burst
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Oct 20 2011, 11:24 PM
~

not as amazing as that one, but also fast

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Oct 20 2011, 11:26 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 21 2011, 12:17 AM
It's too bad you can't really hear the picking in either example sad.gif Audio is always a challenge, especially live, but you'd think the first clip especially would have used something other than the mic on the camera. The second clip did the same. The result being you can't hear any picking really. But I"m sure the guys have put in their practice time just from watching them.

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Oct 21 2011, 02:23 AM
Well, I know that John Taylor, doesn't care about how clean it sounds and all that, since it is just about the speed there, so it doesn't matter if it doesn't sound so clean, all he wants to do is being the fastest guitarist, and he achieved that tongue.gif

--------------------
Guitar

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Oct 21 2011, 02:34 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Impressive, but it sounds like crap! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Oct 21 2011, 02:58 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Oct 21 2011, 02:34 AM) *
Impressive, but it sounds like crap! laugh.gif

I wish I could sound that crappy at half that speed mad.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Oct 21 2011, 04:16 AM
Learning Roadie
Yeah, it's impressive and all, but I bet if we could warp time to be uber slow, we would find him not hitting all the notes. Just doesn't seem possible. Like Brett said though, sounds like crap. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Oct 21 2011, 05:21 AM
Instructor
it's like watching some quick pass by, you can't really see it.

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 21 2011, 06:45 AM
Instructor
This is unbelievably. Faster than light! ohmy.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 21 2011, 10:44 AM
Instructor
Well, very fast and all that... but,

Meanwhile, the rest of the world devotes itself to something useful ! laugh.gif

His dedication must obviously be very admirable but imagine if he put that much effort into other aspects of life, what other things would benfit massively from such effort and dedication, that's what we've got to ask ourselves ?

+Quote Post
DenisN
Oct 21 2011, 11:36 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 21 2011, 11:44 AM) *

His dedication must obviously be very admirable but imagine if he put that much effort into other aspects of life, what other things would benfit massively from such effort and dedication, that's what we've got to ask ourselves ?

+1 Ben! This si the worst spent time I have ver seen in my life...not only his but also mine on watching the end biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
JD_
Oct 21 2011, 12:36 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 21 2011, 09:44 AM) *

Well said mate, Imagine if he dedicated all that time and effort to playing with feeling and emotion....or constructing some sort of life for himself...Sounds like balls....

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Oct 21 2011, 01:41 PM
Learning Tone Master
Like I said when this video was posted on SS a few months ago; While I certaintly prefer emotional music - who are we to say what good music are? A guitar does not neccessarily have to be about playing with emotions, or even making music at all. People use things for their own ends, and what kind of elitist approach would it be to say he is making music wrong? I'm sure everyone understands that this video was not made to sound good, it was made to break a record. But if his goal of playing guitar is simply to play fast, who are we to say that he should try to play with emotions - if that is something he couldn't possibly care less about.

+Quote Post
JD_
Oct 21 2011, 01:44 PM
Learning Roadie
Even though I agree with some of what you said, everyone can put forth their own opinion....that was mine...sounds like balls.

This post has been edited by JaxN4: Oct 21 2011, 01:46 PM

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Oct 21 2011, 01:56 PM
Learning Tone Master
Oh yes of course, and it certaintly does sound like balls. I wasent trying to say opinions shouldn't be said tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 21 2011, 03:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DenisN @ Oct 21 2011, 11:36 AM) *
not only his but also mine on watching the end biggrin.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Oct 21 2011, 03:58 PM
I see what all of you guys are saying about emotion and all that, but the fact is he wants to be the FASTEST guitar player and he achieved that, I think thats impressive, we all have different goals, and some wants to be the fastest runner, some wants to be the runner that can run the longest, and some wants to be the fastest guitar player, I think the point that he just achieved it is amazing. But because he is the fastest, that doesn't mean he can't play with it emotion smile.gif

Also he turns hes pick around and it sounds like crap, he doesn't care, since it allows him to play faster and also hes strings are all the way down to the neck, which makes it sound even worse, but again it can make him play faster smile.gif

--------------------
Guitar

+Quote Post
thefireball
Oct 21 2011, 04:07 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Oct 21 2011, 07:41 AM) *
Like I said when this video was posted on SS a few months ago; While I certaintly prefer emotional music - who are we to say what good music are? A guitar does not neccessarily have to be about playing with emotions, or even making music at all. People use things for their own ends, and what kind of elitist approach would it be to say he is making music wrong? I'm sure everyone understands that this video was not made to sound good, it was made to break a record. But if his goal of playing guitar is simply to play fast, who are we to say that he should try to play with emotions - if that is something he couldn't possibly care less about.

Well said. smile.gif You guys should check out his explanation of why he does this. I used to be critical of people like this, but everybody has a dream. wink.gif

+Quote Post
JD_
Oct 21 2011, 04:45 PM
Learning Roadie
Man i appreciate and agree with what your saying...but, the comments were made as a joke...to make like minded ppl in this thread laugh...that's it....there is no hate or disrespect for what he is doing....Just a sense of humor

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 21 2011, 05:43 PM
Instructor
But, this is so sloooooppy! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:44 AM