2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Fastest Guitar Player Atm
Ben Higgins
Oct 21 2011, 06:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Oct 21 2011, 04:45 PM) *
Man i appreciate and agree with what your saying...but, the comments were made as a joke...to make like minded ppl in this thread laugh...that's it....there is no hate or disrespect for what he is doing....Just a sense of humor

Yeah absolutely.. he's got amazing drive and dedication that's for sure. Seems like a nice guy as well. Speed in itself is a limited form of gratification which is ultimately only ego based. I was just saying that imagine if the same level of dedication were applied in other areas of music or life, what one would be able to achieve. That's all, I'm not knocking him. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Oct 21 2011, 07:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Oct 21 2011, 06:43 PM) *
But, this is so sloooooppy! smile.gif

yeah, I agree. Judging on speed only, I still think De la Vega is more accurate still

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Oct 21 2011, 08:12 PM
Instructor
Where is the point here? Anyone can do this with a lot of time invested in exercise, but a total waste of time (as someone said here).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bluesberry
Oct 21 2011, 09:32 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 21 2011, 12:44 PM) *
Well, very fast and all that... but,

Meanwhile, the rest of the world devotes itself to something useful ! laugh.gif

His dedication must obviously be very admirable but imagine if he put that much effort into other aspects of life, what other things would benfit massively from such effort and dedication, that's what we've got to ask ourselves ?

Yeah... imagine if all the useless guitar players who aren't going to be anything "great" would just put down their guitars and actually start contributing to their society, study for their professions and spend more time with their loved ones. wink.gif

What I'm saying is, I think everyone should put their dedication to wherever they feel like. This is just as useless as playing in a band or teaching at GMC. I do not intend to offend anyone, and I think you realize it too - all I'm trying to express is that even though I don't give a flying V for that kind of speed, he does... and that's all there is to say. U know?

But it sure sounds sooooo sloppy and bad to me. Wish I had some video editing software with which to check if he's actually playing accurately.

This post has been edited by Kristian Hyvarinen: Oct 21 2011, 10:21 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 22 2011, 03:03 AM
GMC:er
I'm not really convinced though, are you? If you can't hear the picking, it ends up sounding like a blur so it's hard to say how fast he is actually playing right? I don't think he proved much here, but I appreciate his intensity. I did see a great vid of a guy doing this same thing and he wasn't using a ton of gain so you could hear him pick/play and there was a guiness records guy present so it was an actual record. IHere is the vid.

QUOTE (Qenzoz @ Oct 20 2011, 09:23 PM) *
Well, I know that John Taylor, doesn't care about how clean it sounds and all that, since it is just about the speed there, so it doesn't matter if it doesn't sound so clean, all he wants to do is being the fastest guitarist, and he achieved that tongue.gif

QUOTE (Kristian Hyvarinen @ Oct 21 2011, 04:32 PM) *
.... This is just as useless as playing in a band or teaching at GMC. I do not intend to offend anyone, and I think you realize it too - all I'm trying to express is that even though I don't give a flying V for that kind of speed, he does... and that's all there is to say. U know?

I have to say I don't think being in a band is "useless" even if you are not going to be Led Zeppelin. Playing in a band is wonderful experience in an of itself and worth doing for it's own sake, if you are a musician. IMHO. Balancing work and play is important of course, but for all we know this guy is a wonderful father of 4. I dont think you can assume someone has no life outside guitar / music just because they can play. Anymore than you could assume an artist/painter had nothing outside of painting, just because they could paint? Just seems like some pretty big assumptions.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 22 2011, 04:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kristian Hyvarinen @ Oct 21 2011, 10:32 PM) *
Yeah... imagine if all the useless guitar players who aren't going to be anything "great" would just put down their guitars and actually start contributing to their society, study for their professions and spend more time with their loved ones. wink.gif

What I'm saying is, I think everyone should put their dedication to wherever they feel like. This is just as useless as playing in a band or teaching at GMC. I do not intend to offend anyone, and I think you realize it too - all I'm trying to express is that even though I don't give a flying V for that kind of speed, he does... and that's all there is to say. U know?

But it sure sounds sooooo sloppy and bad to me. Wish I had some video editing software with which to check if he's actually playing accurately.

Yeah, dedicating to something you really like is something that we all strive to do, but rare are the one that will have that opportunity in life unfortunately. It's always about compromises, even with biggest stars, probably even bigger compromises for them, who knows how they wanted to live their lives, what is "great" for them. Anyway, we all strive to do something that we like, and survive along the way, so it's best not to judge people just because they are doing the things they do. This guy wanted to show that he can play the fastest in the world, probably made some money out of it too, and good for him. But that doesn't change the fact that everyone there is thinking how he is the fastest player in the world, and he is the sloppiness king. Hendrix was sloppy as hell, and he was one of the greatest, because he made something new and creative instead of playing flight of the bumblebee.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bluesberry
Oct 22 2011, 05:15 PM
Learning Roadie
Yeah. I didn't mean playing in a band is useless. What I meant was is just that playing in a band is just as useless as repairing cars for fun, painting, having sex, skateboarding, playing chess or striving to play The flight of the bumblebee 600 bpm. Someone might say that no, playing in a band is more creative than playing just fast and therefore a better way to spend time, but that's THAT PERSON'S PREFERENCE, not an actual objective truth. Everyone should do what they like, "creativeness" has no value whatsoever by itself. It's the people themselves who give things value. We could live in a world where playing the guitar FAST gives you the greatest value a human being can achieve, but we don't. That still doesn't mean it's more useless than other "useless" activity out there.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:12 AM