Why Are There Poor
jstcrsn
Oct 21 2011, 03:08 AM
Learning Tone Master
Why do you think there are poor
there are now right or wrong answers
but there is an answer to the reason why we answer the way we do

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thefireball
Oct 21 2011, 05:12 AM
Learning Roadie
Part of this sin-cursed world. There is bad in the world everywhere.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Oct 21 2011, 12:46 PM
GMC:er
cuz there are away too rich persons and everything need to be balanced.

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Oct 21 2011, 06:12 PM
Why are there poor people? Because there are rich/greed.
Why is there darkness? So there can be light!
Why are there earthquakes, volcanos and natural disasters? So there can be new creation!
Why are there deaths? So there can be life!
Why is there pain and suffering? So there is hope and joy!

You could consider it ying and yang, where polar opposites or seemingly contrary forces are interconnected and interdependent in the natural world, and how they give rise to each other in turn.

People tend to blame God or someone else for their miserable lifes, deaths, disasters and outcomes. But life is truely what you make of it. You can look at it half empty or half full, you can look at the negative or the positive side.

Consider this what good is good without knowing what's good in life because nothing bad ever happened. Without death, people would take life for granted (even more than they already do). What's the point of achieving something, if there was no failure. It would end up being boring and meaningless. You know deep down that you spent hours of practice and hard work to get where you are. Are rich people always happy? Maybe some but most end up wanting more and more. I know a lot more extremely happy poor people around the world contend on what little they receive. It's not the end result people actually enjoy, wheither your rich or poor, but what your done and what you make of it.

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Oct 21 2011, 06:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Azzaboi @ Oct 21 2011, 07:12 PM) *
Why are there poor people? Because there are rich/greed.
Why is there darkness? So there can be light!
Why are there earthquakes, volcanos and natural disasters? So there can be new creation!
Why are there deaths? So there can be life!
Why is there pain and suffering? So there is hope and joy!

You could consider it ying and yang, where polar opposites or seemingly contrary forces are interconnected and interdependent in the natural world, and how they give rise to each other in turn.

People tend to blame God or someone else for their miserable lifes, deaths, disasters and outcomes. But life is truely what you make of it. You can look at it half empty or half full, you can look at the negative or the positive side.

Consider this what good is good without knowing what's good in life because nothing bad ever happened. Without death, people would take life for granted (even more than they already do). What's the point of achieving something, if there was no failure. It would end up being boring and meaningless. You know deep down that you spent hours of practice and hard work to get where you are. Are rich people always happy? Maybe some but most end up wanting more and more. I know a lot more extremely happy poor people around the world contend on what little they receive. It's not the end result people actually enjoy, wheither your rich or poor, but what your done and what you make of it.

Nice post!

I agree that everything has to have it's twin counter part. It's a universal natural principle.

I think there are poor because of stagnation and lack of momentum. Because there are so many stories about poor people going rich and being successful financially, yet the vast majority stay on a state of poverty.

The system itself is designed, in my opinion, to keep on stagnating and just be passive, so that's another reason too.

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 21 2011, 09:40 PM
Instructor
People are poor because they are born poor, in poor system, with low standard, and continue to be poor if they aren't able to make money from that system, or go to another system where they can. Usually, it's the system that makes them (and keeps them) poor, but sometimes people are not able to catch up with others in the world, because of the natural selection.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 22 2011, 02:53 AM
Certainly being born to poor parents is a cause of poverty. In the united states we are big on the idea of "Social Mobility" that you can be born poor and make yourself rich by your own effort. This does actually happen now and then. Just often enough to keep it alive as idea. As the middle chunk of earners in the western world drift lower, I think we are going to have more folks born in to the struggling end of the spectrum. So far, there is no great solution. Every major economic system has had it's share of problems including hybrid captiatlism which we have in the states. The Chinese, oddly enough, are switching from a communist economy to a semi capitalist (though state run) system and they are doing quite well. 10 percent growth year over year while we have about that percentage of unemployment in the states and almost Zero economic growth.

It's speaks well for state run economies with capitalist sentiments. I don't think it would fly here though. People are just not ready to give that much power to state. Though it has nearly that much already, just made inefficient by all the squabling of politicians.

I have high hopes for the future just because any crisis brings change and we are verging on a pretty bit economic crisis globally just now with Europe teetering on the edge, and the states still close to the brink. Once we hit the tipping point, folks will demand some serious change. I hope that it's change for the better. Maybe I'm just being optimistic, but do hope that people all over the world opt for unity and hope. smile.gif

Todd

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Oct 22 2011, 11:04 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Capitalism as a system is fundamentlly premised on inequality. I'm not a great fan of Anthony Giddens but you could perhaps consider his whole structuration thesis here as an example of how an assymetric social system acts to maintain itself and oppose change in the long duree. As an alternative, and I'd suggest better argued thesis, Pierre Bourdiieu' writings on habitus and capital (in a wider sense that includes economic and non-economic forms of capital) or Foucault's mid period on power and discourse both of which have a lot to say on how capitalism operates to maintain itself and the interests of a minority without sliding into quiescence.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 22 2011, 02:53 AM) *
Certainly being born to poor parents is a cause of poverty. In the united states we are big on the idea of "Social Mobility" that you can be born poor and make yourself rich by your own effort. This does actually happen now and then. Just often enough to keep it alive as idea. ...

Todd

Exactly Todd.

About 15 years ago when I taught Ethics at University I used to use an English example:

When M Thatcher came to power she promised that a freemarket, laissez faire economy would ensure that wealth would be divided more equally, which in turn would improve social mobiliity. When she said this around 1982 85% of the wealth in England was owned by 10% . In 1995 95% was owned by 5%, in 2009 it was 98% by 1%.

So much for fairer distribution, a capitalist system is not premised on faireness but inequality, that we might believe otherwise is perhaps a little naive on our part. Whether that naiviety is down to hegemony, false consciousness, or whatever is debatable. Perhaps cynically you can certainly argue that what little social movement there is is not there in spite of the system but merely to maintain it as it holds out a false and unfulfilled promise since for every example of 1 who makes it there are far more who don't.

Here's a good piece by Simon Critchely.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 22 2011, 10:03 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
there are poor because the rich doesn't earn anything by sharing

+Quote Post
Michael AC
Oct 22 2011, 10:30 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
There will always be poor, whether to the circumstances they were born into, or other reasons like indifference or laziness (here in the states mostly).

It is sad that when someone begins to gain wealth that the soon forget where they have come from and forget the poor.

I believe that as are able to gain wealth, you should live within your means and help others achieve what you are achieving by teaching them what you are doing, plus being generous, kind and loving.

It is harder in the US since poverty here is a mix of environment and expected entitlement. In other countries attitudes are different. Our poorest in the US is so much richer than many other countries.

Contentment is a great gift, generosity and kindness are a product of it.

But not many movie stars, politicians and media types here are truly compassionate. They are self absorbed and only help those to promote the superior feeling they get from giving all the while treating the poor as in human dirt.

SOrry for the rant...it just burns me the whole class warfare and greed from rich and poor alike here in the states.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:41 AM