Cem's Bootcamp, The Toughest Job You'll Ever Love
Todd Simpson
May 5 2012, 06:09 PM
GMC:er
DIRECT LINK TO YOUR BOOTCAMP! http://bitly.com/cemsbootcamp

Welcome to SHRED BOOTCAMP! I'll be your Drill Instructor! And I do mean DRILL! As in a large power tool used in slasher films and Paul Gilbert concerts. Here is were you EARN THE LIVING DEATH out of your fingers and break through any speed bumps/barriers to become a MASTER CHIEF of Shred!

MISSON #1

THE MISSION

1.)Your mission is to go all the way back to the very start. The base of the mountain.

LESSON 1. http://bitly.com/gmclesson1

Which you will play SLOWWWWWWLLY, very SLOWWWLLLLYYYY until you master it at a crawl (As You'll Do With Each Mission, and focus on left hand FORM! Make it SUPER PERFECT!). Speed it up bit by bit until you feel your ready to take it to WAR (Any speed, it's up to you) Shoot a video and post it as a reply to this post. I'll then offer a constructive and brutally honest critique.

THE AFTERMATH

Upon nailing the crap out of lesson one at a speed you didn't think possible, and playing it a clean as a freshly waxed floor, you will be given your first insignia of Rank in BOOTCAMP!

Practice!
Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 5 2012, 06:11 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cem
May 6 2012, 09:32 AM
Learning Tone Master
I started this at 115 bpm, I could very well play at tempos like 160 but It sounds very inconsistent, even at stupidly slow tempos like 70 there were some inconsistency which made me question my suitability to play guitar (I'm kinda notorious for my motor skills). Turns out that the problem was just simply slight arm movement while picking, I thought I was using my hand purely but that was not the case. After employing pure-hand movement my speed, accuracy and consistency improved significantly (I still can't believe it).

All of my problems are related to these basic, very simple principles. I'm glad that you took the whole deal from the bottom of the mountain. Thanks man tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 9 2012, 04:14 AM
BINGO! You've found the "Easter Egg"/Hidden Gem in this Mission. The point of playing something like this with very little left hand involved is to allow your right hand to be able speed up a bit more and let any playing trouble become more apparent. Subtle angle shifts in the pick hand can have HUGE results at speed. And, even a twinge of "Picking from the Elbow/Forearm" can create instabilities resulting in inconsistent pick strikes.

So well done on deconstructing the technique! Make sure to start off again slow and find the "Sweet Spot" where you can barely move the pick beyond the string itself. "Economy of Motion" is key here. As Bruce Lee used to say "Waste NOTHING" every movement should have purpose.

PRACTICE!
Todd

QUOTE (Cem @ May 6 2012, 04:32 AM) *
I started this at 115 bpm, I could very well play at tempos like 160 but It sounds very inconsistent, even at stupidly slow tempos like 70 there were some inconsistency which made me question my suitability to play guitar (I'm kinda notorious for my motor skills). Turns out that the problem was just simply slight arm movement while picking, I thought I was using my hand purely but that was not the case. After employing pure-hand movement my speed, accuracy and consistency improved significantly (I still can't believe it).

All of my problems are related to these basic, very simple principles. I'm glad that you took the whole deal from the bottom of the mountain. Thanks man tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Cem
May 26 2012, 08:45 AM
Learning Tone Master
http://soundcloud.com/cengiz-kaygusuz/g-string-picking-180bpm

Here it is, name is self-descriptive. I couldn't came up with something creative here so it is just chromatic descending on G String. Whatdya think?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 27 2012, 09:33 PM
QUOTE (Cem @ May 26 2012, 03:45 AM) *
http://soundcloud.com/cengiz-kaygusuz/g-string-picking-180bpm

Here it is, name is self-descriptive. I couldn't came up with something creative here so it is just chromatic descending on G String. Whatdya think?

Sounding Good! Is there any way you can video this and upload it to youtube? If not, we will work around it, but the video lets' me see your playing technique which is very important in the critique and progress.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:34 AM