Fingerpicking Problem, How do you make nails?
SubbedChris
Jun 9 2012, 03:21 PM
Learning Rock Star
So I do have this problem with fingerpicking and I can't really make nails...I have minor problems regarding the index finger,somewhat better at the middle but the ring....f**k -.-

So what are your tips for making nails without them breaking? Something like drinking milk for calcium and such? tongue.gif Or putting liquid to harden them?

Oh and no thumbpicks or similar picks..I hate them biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jun 9 2012, 06:37 PM
Learning Roadie
http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issu...Up_Nail_It.aspx

This might help you.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Arpeggio
Jun 9 2012, 07:48 PM
GMC:er
I prefer not to have fingernails, a lot of classical players have them but I think it limits your dynamic range and sounds a bit plinky plonky. The earlier you train your ring finger the better otherwise it gets left behind while your main ones get better.

This post has been edited by Arpeggio: Jun 9 2012, 07:48 PM

--------------------
Founder of new startup social network site that brings the good aspects of MySpace, Twitter and FaceBook together.

MyTwitFace.

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Jun 9 2012, 08:32 PM
GMC:er
I use to be a goldminer myself when really young...
It's best to use the index finger and dig right in there!
The fingernail however should be trimmed as it can cause major bleeding. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 12 2012, 09:33 AM
Instructor
I trim mine in an angular way - inclined from right to left, so that they won't 'grab' the string smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:38 AM