2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Dragonforce Live
Martin la guitar...
Mar 29 2008, 03:20 PM
GMC:er
have you seen Through fire and flames by dragonforce? I have and i am stunned, look at the guitar playing!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jgrCKhxE1s&feature=related

Is it possible to play that fast? When they play live it sounds more like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdMIQ1jfJm0...feature=related

For me the guitar playing seems slower live than in the music video, why?
Other than that, it seems more chaotic when they play live, like they are missing a lot of notes.
But again, i really like em, Lee is a hell of a guitarplayer.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Mar 29 2008, 05:19 PM
Instructor
I'm absolutely sure that the up the speed in their recordings, it's imposible to play really good in the album and really bad live...

sorry, Dragonforce fans tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Enucleation
Mar 29 2008, 05:23 PM
Yeah I used to like em but...Li with his pro tools....

Disappointing really.

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Mar 29 2008, 05:28 PM
Get to da Chopper!
i think they should ditch the tricks and go back to the metronome....

+Quote Post
Martin la guitar...
Mar 29 2008, 05:30 PM
lol yea

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Mar 29 2008, 06:13 PM
wow thats horrible :0
That solo .....speachless....

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
swingline
Mar 29 2008, 06:18 PM
Whenever my brother is listening to them I walk in and always say "Listening to Pro Tools I see." laugh.gif

Also @ 1:31 laugh.gif

This post has been edited by swingline: Mar 29 2008, 06:20 PM

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Mar 29 2008, 06:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Mar 29 2008, 01:19 PM) *
I'm absolutely sure that the up the speed in their recordings, it's imposible to play really good in the album and really bad live...

sorry, Dragonforce fans tongue.gif

+1 I agree happy.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Iluha
Mar 29 2008, 06:34 PM
You gotta give credit to their writing ability though.... their solo's are phenomenal in my opinion(composition wise).

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Mark.
Mar 29 2008, 06:54 PM
Yep they suck live, and thats why I dont like them.
There're a lot of people who can play this stuff clean and without too many mistakes and maby even compose it.
I dont think a band should be famous because of music they can't play dry.gif

But there's a good part about them, they show that there are still people who like this kind of music, I think its better that people listen to them then to some pop or rap laugh.gif
And maby when they google dragonforce, they find bands like Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, Rapsody of Fire etc. And they also start listening to them ohmy.gif

Mark.

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Mar 29 2008, 06:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Iluha @ Mar 29 2008, 06:34 PM) *
You gotta give credit to their writing ability though.... their solo's are phenomenal in my opinion(composition wise).

Yeapp, protools may help you cheat a bit but it wont help you write songs or solos.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
swingline
Mar 29 2008, 07:00 PM
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Mar 29 2008, 10:55 AM) *
Yeapp, protools may help you cheat a bit but it wont help you write songs or solos.

Thats true but it is alot easier to write a super-human song. Most composers are limited by ability but there guys are only limited by how good their studio technitian is.

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
SinoMan
Mar 29 2008, 07:17 PM
QUOTE (swingline @ Mar 29 2008, 07:00 PM) *
Thats true but it is alot easier to write a super-human song. Most composers are limited by ability but there guys are only limited by how good their studio technitian is.

+1000

--------------------
I got a completely new $600 bass for $300. What a deal!

+Quote Post
Martin la guitar...
Mar 29 2008, 07:30 PM
agree

+Quote Post
Iluha
Mar 29 2008, 07:50 PM
QUOTE (swingline @ Mar 29 2008, 08:00 PM) *

I challenge you to compose something "super-human".

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Martin la guitar...
Mar 29 2008, 07:55 PM
i guess the band is mostly known for their incredible guitar speed....

Its strange because there are some guys in youtube that nail the whole solo almost perfectly, and those who compose it, can barely play it decent live.

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Mar 29 2008, 07:58 PM
Yea, there was a huge thread about this before. Dragonforce is what happens when a people think they got it, but don't.
They could really benefit from lots of practice and rehearsing. If they could pull off their studio stuff live their live show would be staggering.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Mar 29 2008, 08:11 PM
i have the official tab for Through the Fire and flames in front of me, and its not complex at all, its actually just a few simple notes played very fast, nothing genius or complex about it. im not going to share my opinions on the band itself as this discussion has been done to death before, all im saying is that there composing skills are minimal.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 29 2008, 08:29 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Some posted some licks of Herman quite a while ago, I couldn't find it now. When slowed down it came out quite sloppy.

Still I wouldn't say this is bad performance from Dragonforce, the manage well in studio. Other bands are really good live. So it's just a choice wether to get the record or to go see them live.
And in the case for Dragonforce if I get most ppls opinion is to buy the record, don't see them live. I'm not too familiar with their music so I don't have an opinion really.

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Mar 29 2008, 10:28 PM
jeeshh lol.. i saw dragonforce live and loved it.. wasn't very sloppy at all.. i don't think the recordings are sped up.. i just think the musicians are sober.. The Uncreator posted a couple of links that shows the two dragonforce guitarists sober and they are both absolutly increadible.. AND ITS CLEAN NOT SLOPPY smile.gif i saw them live loved it.. i think there is alot of hype about them being bad... i blaime beer.. i dare anyone of you to have 6 beers and then play through fire and flames biggrin.gif in fact.. i want some instructors to do a take of this biggrin.gif play it sober.. then 6 beers later play it smile.gif except underagers.. don't drink underage biggrin.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:42 PM