4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Beginner Improvisation Help, A "starting point" rough guide
Rating 5 V
jdriver
Sep 9 2008, 12:22 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Smells @ Sep 8 2008, 11:27 AM) *
hmm, well I`m using a POD XT, Using a high gain amp head with a 2x12" cab simulator.

in terms of dials, Bass,mid & treb all at 3 o clock position, gain about 2 o clock, effects are a tube screamer, tiny bit of chorus, some delay and some reverb, thats about it, not sure thats going to help you too much? soz

Yes, that's exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks very much.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Sep 9 2008, 12:25 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (jdriver @ Sep 9 2008, 12:22 AM) *
Yes, that's exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks very much.

arr cool, wasnt sure if t would help lol smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Sep 15 2008, 02:48 AM
Ok here goes again... I was studying the b blues scale tonight and tried another attempt at this again... tried to add more feeling in my playing... I also learned davids zz top lesson today and think it helped me with my blues feeling..
If youre getting tired of me posting stuff let me know... but i figured this is the best way to learn, by other peoples opinions... my girlfriend just keeps telling me that i sound like a rockstar, although its nice to hear i need opinions from other musicians

--------------------

+Quote Post
Antipolitik
Sep 15 2008, 05:42 AM
So, this is my 3rd recorded solo ever... I practiced and watched your video... lots of stuff I can't do yet
but I had a go on this great backing track... Been playing guitar since 19.00 so almost 12 hours straight.
I felt a bit sloppy especially at the high notes, I couldn't fit my hand correct... and I have never played so
high before (I only do chugga chugga haha)... I will do another take... at the end of the week when practice
is done... I'll give this lesson a week, 2 hours / day.

First one:
[attachment=9997:antipoli...t_smells.mp3]
I start moving octaves up and down, than low octave... and finally high octave.

2nd one:
Tried to be more bluesy.. but I don't know, it felt better tho'. I have to work on the bends. Make'em cleaner!
Attached File  antipolitik_solo_2nd.mp3.mp3 ( 1.76MB ) Number of downloads: 261

THANKS SMELLS. GREAT STUFF!

This post has been edited by Antipolitik: Sep 15 2008, 04:16 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Sep 15 2008, 09:12 AM
biggrin.gif great, I`m at work at the moment so cant have a listen, but when I get home tonight I`ll have a listen for you smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Sep 15 2008, 10:28 PM
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Sep 15 2008, 02:48 AM) *
Ok here goes again... I was studying the b blues scale tonight and tried another attempt at this again... tried to add more feeling in my playing... I also learned davids zz top lesson today and think it helped me with my blues feeling..
If youre getting tired of me posting stuff let me know... but i figured this is the best way to learn, by other peoples opinions... my girlfriend just keeps telling me that i sound like a rockstar, although its nice to hear i need opinions from other musicians

No not getting tired of you posting your takes, its what its all about smile.gif

Better attempt again smile.gif improving upon all your other takes for sure smile.gif still some timing issues, the runs are a little rushed, the first half is better than the second, I felt there was more ideas forming in the first half than the second, so I`d take a listen to the first half, tighten up on your timing a little and try and develop that theme you got going and bring it into the second half of the solo, some nice soaring bends with nice vibrato suit this backing, over the next couple of days I`ll try and get in doing a take on this myself to give you more idea of what I mean smile.gif keep going and keep posting! smile.gif

QUOTE (Antipolitik @ Sep 15 2008, 05:42 AM) *
So, this is my 3rd recorded solo ever... I practiced and watched your video... lots of stuff I can't do yet
but I had a go on this great backing track... Been playing guitar since 19.00 so almost 12 hours straight.
I felt a bit sloppy especially at the high notes, I couldn't fit my hand correct... and I have never played so
high before (I only do chugga chugga haha)... I will do another take... at the end of the week when practice
is done... I'll give this lesson a week, 2 hours / day.

First one:
[attachment=9997:antipoli...t_smells.mp3]
I start moving octaves up and down, than low octave... and finally high octave.

2nd one:
Tried to be more bluesy.. but I don't know, it felt better tho'. I have to work on the bends. Make'em cleaner!
Attached File  antipolitik_solo_2nd.mp3.mp3 ( 1.76MB ) Number of downloads: 261

THANKS SMELLS. GREAT STUFF!

good attempt mate, tone is a little harsh for this kind of backing but thats only a small thing and down to personal taste smile.gif again same as Outlaw, I can hear some ideas developing through the solo, the second take was better than the first, I`m glad you posted both though, just like Outlaw it really shows that your digging into it deep smile.gif
yup, work on your bends and work on some vibrato as well to try and give your solo some feel smile.gif great effort keep it up smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Antipolitik
Sep 24 2008, 01:58 AM
Oh... now I am playing this all night... getting tighter in the play but I still struggle when trying to go fast.
Like you play in the last time in your video, not when go up an octave but the take before.. I really like how you
play that time... but... I will not stop til' I can nail it! smile.gif I have some trouble when you go fast, you're too fast!
Hahaha... gotta practice, later!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Sep 24 2008, 09:19 AM
QUOTE (Antipolitik @ Sep 24 2008, 01:58 AM) *
Oh... now I am playing this all night... getting tighter in the play but I still struggle when trying to go fast.
Like you play in the last time in your video, not when go up an octave but the take before.. I really like how you
play that time... but... I will not stop til' I can nail it! smile.gif I have some trouble when you go fast, you're too fast!
Hahaha... gotta practice, later!

The speed will come, concentrate on keeping it tight on your timing like your doing, I`ll write a proper little solo for this to learn if you like?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Antipolitik
Sep 25 2008, 12:09 AM
QUOTE (Smells @ Sep 24 2008, 10:19 AM) *
The speed will come, concentrate on keeping it tight on your timing like your doing, I`ll write a proper little solo for this to learn if you like?

When you got some time over please do! It's not like I don't got the speed, I think I have. It's timing with right hand that's the problem. Also the correct technical playing of course. I could use a slow'motion clip of your fretting hand! smile.gif smile.gif
Thanks again!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 26 2010, 06:09 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Just added this one to the knowledge base smile.gif
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde..._Help_SI_Lesson

If the vid is uploaded to youtube I'll be glad to have it embedded on the wiki lesson, with this and any other lessons that have their videos as file attachments smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:36 AM