2 Pages V   1 2 >  
My New Gear - Line6 Ux1 Studio
utak3r
Jan 13 2009, 09:18 PM
GMC:er
I've just bought a Line6 UX1 Studio cool.gif

Cool thing, even without a Metal Workshop collection, I've already setup a nice sound.... plus I've checked three or four presets from your XT ones posted here - and they works on my UX1, too biggrin.gif

Now I have to make my own cord for this, I have only one channel now wink.gif But I'm quite good at soldering, so it won't be a problem.

Before buying it I was looking for some good soundcards, but it came out Line6 will be cheaper than any really good soundcard, so...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 13 2009, 10:25 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Toneport is a sound card + you can record smile.gif

here is a quote of the post I wrote earlier about it :

Here are some tips regarding its use...You already know it acts like a sound card , so that means your PC's internal sound card doesn't have use in the recording/playback process.What I would suggest is using toneport as your sound card in PC all the time..You can plug in your PC speakers into the Toneports either headphones out , or monitor outs (use proper adapters to make them fit in)...Next you should go to my computer >control panel> sounds and audio devices and than under the Audio tab find sound playbacks default device and choose your toneport...

Here is the picture of that :

Be sure to choose toneport ux1 for playback and recording devices and down under the MIDI part choose the Microsoft Synth because toneport doesn't have its midi banks and doesn't output midi...But if you choose the one like in the picture you will be able to hear midi through toneport...

Using toneport as your primary sound card is practical and after all - sounds better than the internal PC's sound card..

Hope some of this info helps in the future...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Jan 13 2009, 10:26 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 13 2009, 11:31 PM
Instructor
Congratulations on you purchase mate. I have Toneport UX1 as well (it's basically a same device), so if you need any questions about it, or presets feel free to ask! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 13 2009, 11:45 PM
As for now I'm really excited I'm finished with a latency thing smile.gif it's so cool!
And thanks Bogdan for the tip, I've setup it already as you mentioned it smile.gif

--------------------
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
besip
Jan 14 2009, 12:03 AM
QUOTE (utak3r @ Jan 13 2009, 04:18 PM) *
I've just bought a Line6 UX1 Studio cool.gif

.... plus I've checked three or four presets from your XT ones posted here - and they works on my UX1, too biggrin.gif

Good...actualy i'm again thinking about buying the stuff actualy it's realy cheaper like pod x3 and i'm still out of budget laugh.gif ..i'm allready own one but i'm was have someproblem with the stuff so i'm returned

what you exactly mean about the XT setings what working over ux1???

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 14 2009, 12:24 AM
QUOTE (besip @ Jan 14 2009, 12:03 AM) *
what you exactly mean about the XT setings what working over ux1???

I mean that presets from this thread works in UX1 (of course if you have loaded all the gear used in a given preset).

--------------------
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 14 2009, 12:26 AM
Instructor
Congrats on the new gear mate, Line 6 devices are great for recording.

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Mandos
Jan 14 2009, 02:05 PM
I will get myself some stuff soon as well. I'm planning on getting a Line6 Studio UX1 and a pair of AKG K240S. I will most likely get the headphones tomorrow and the ux1 at the end of the month. smile.gif

--------------------
[color="#808080"]Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Gothic with EMG 81 and 85, Crafter Acoustic, ESP LTD F-205

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 14 2009, 02:10 PM
I have a UX2 and I love it. It's saved me lots of time with recording my guitar takes smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 14 2009, 03:14 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Toneport/Pod studio are really cool. Be sure to grab the free Pod Farm Standalone app too, it's similar to Gearbox but looks much better.

Edit: Come to think of it, pod studios already have Pod Farm included if I remember correctly smile.gif

This post has been edited by Fran: Jan 14 2009, 03:16 PM

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jan 14 2009, 03:16 PM
Instructor
Congrats on your purchase!
I'm curious, how does it act while using a bunch of softsynths like Adictive Drums, Trilogy, and that kind of plugins?

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 14 2009, 03:20 PM
QUOTE (Fran @ Jan 14 2009, 03:14 PM) *
Edit: Come to think of it, pod studios already have Pod Farm included if I remember correctly smile.gif

that's right, it's already included in Studio version smile.gif

QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Jan 14 2009, 03:16 PM) *
I'm curious, how does it act while using a bunch of softsynths like Adictive Drums, Trilogy, and that kind of plugins?

As for now only a few instruments loaded... I have to get my old project involving a bigger number of them to make a stress test smile.gif

But after few tries, I'm not adding POD VST now - I'm running a standalone app and DAW already gets a processed signal - this way if you want to record few tracks, you have only one instance of POD, instead of many instances... smile.gif

--------------------
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 14 2009, 04:14 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (David Wallimann @ Jan 14 2009, 03:16 PM) *
Congrats on your purchase!

I use very loaded projects, both with instruments (EZD, Superior Drummer 2, Trilogy, B4, Grand Piano) and FX plugs (Altiverb 6, Vintage Warmer, Guitar Rig) and rarely had problems. Sometimes the ASIO driver tends to crash because of the overload, like once a month in a really demanding project. Other than that it works fine, and the card itself has minimum of 17ms latency.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 14 2009, 04:31 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Yeah toneport seems to handle overloaded projects. (VSTs and stuff)...It never crashed for me... smile.gif
Well rounded product smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jan 14 2009, 05:01 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Is the latency gone using this? that would be cool tongue.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 14 2009, 05:09 PM
I don't have any latency issues when recording guitars using Toneport.

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Jan 14 2009, 05:09 PM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jan 14 2009, 05:16 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Sorry for capturing your thingie:
I can buy a UX1 85 euros
Studio GX 89 euros
GX 49 euros

Which one to buy?? I need it for computer recording, it's just easier with the visials from the software tongue.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 14 2009, 05:20 PM
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Jan 14 2009, 04:16 PM) *
Sorry for capturing your thingie:
I can buy a UX1 85 euros
Studio GX 89 euros
GX 49 euros

Which one to buy?? I need it for computer recording, it's just easier with the visials from the software tongue.gif

I'd get the UX1. It's so easy to use and you can get good sounds out of it easily smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jan 14 2009, 05:25 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jan 14 2009, 05:20 PM) *
I'd get the UX1. It's so easy to use and you can get good sounds out of it easily smile.gif

Wnhat's the difference with the GX? Doesn't that give the same sound, but two knobs less? Do the headphones also work when you're not using a computer? Is it easy to use with Reaper?

This post has been edited by kaznie_NL: Jan 14 2009, 05:31 PM

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 14 2009, 05:26 PM
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Jan 14 2009, 04:25 PM) *
Wnhat's the difference with the GX? Doesn't that give the same sound, but two knobs less?

With UX1 you can record vocals also I believe smile.gif It has a mic input.

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Jan 14 2009, 05:27 PM

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:51 PM