> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

18 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Mad's Mad Rhythm Corner
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 5 2013, 08:42 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Sep 5 2013, 07:05 AM) *
Good morning smile.gif

Today I wanted to play over that collab backing-track again and develop some new ideas. You wrote that theory will help to find a/my direction. Could you explain a little more so I can include that directly into my playing? Thanks smile.gif

Hey Marc - sure thing man wink.gif I will make a video tho, as it's always easier to speak. Stay tuned!

QUOTE (mad @ Sep 4 2013, 10:04 AM) *
So here is a first try.. few wrong notes in the end.
I did everything from scratch by ear.. what do you think?

BE A U TI FUL!!!! biggrin.gif I actually had a smile as big as the Chesire Cat tongue.gif Keep going mate! One thing tho, watch out and don't overdo the slides thing, some arpeggios - the ones that have more notes played in a bar, should be played in a more vertical manner rather than a horizontal one. It's no problem right now, but later on in the song, you will see what i am talking about wink.gif Let's see the next part!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 5 2013, 12:09 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Thanks! It's so nice to hear those words from you biggrin.gif
I'll tackle the next part and keep those slide-notes in mind smile.gif

Here's the recording I'd like to use for the cover of META:
Attached File  FinalTake.mp3 ( 9.33MB ) Number of downloads: 110

Can't wait for the vid biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by mad: Sep 5 2013, 12:39 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 5 2013, 10:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Sep 5 2013, 07:05 AM) *
Good morning smile.gif

Today I wanted to play over that collab backing-track again and develop some new ideas. You wrote that theory will help to find a/my direction. Could you explain a little more so I can include that directly into my playing? Thanks smile.gif

Sure thing mate - please listen and tell me what you think:

QUOTE (mad @ Sep 5 2013, 11:09 AM) *
Thanks! It's so nice to hear those words from you biggrin.gif
I'll tackle the next part and keep those slide-notes in mind smile.gif

Here's the recording I'd like to use for the cover of META:
Attached File  FinalTake.mp3 ( 9.33MB ) Number of downloads: 110

Can't wait for the vid biggrin.gif

Howdy Marc - you tend to rush a bit in the first clean verse section and in various other spots, although for instance the last part of the first verse sounds immaculate biggrin.gif I think that if you take care at the balance, especially in the clean sections - although as I am listening, the second verse sounds balanced tongue.gif That chord at the end of the verse sounds as big as an ocean - love it!!

Focus on the little imperfections - they are small but they exist! As I said, in general it sounds very good!

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 6 2013, 09:11 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 5 2013, 09:05 PM) *
Sure thing mate - please listen and tell me what you think:

Howdy Marc - you tend to rush a bit in the first clean verse section and in various other spots, although for instance the last part of the first verse sounds immaculate biggrin.gif I think that if you take care at the balance, especially in the clean sections - although as I am listening, the second verse sounds balanced tongue.gif That chord at the end of the verse sounds as big as an ocean - love it!!

Focus on the little imperfections - they are small but they exist! As I said, in general it sounds very good!

Thank's! Your videos are so great!
Well, finding a direction sounds like a long and big adventure smile.gif
So, I'll collect the things I know in terms of theory and write them down for you here.
And yes, it would be cool if you can add the missing things one by one I need to know to 'start' this adventure.
Maybe I could take it step by step and everytime I try to focus on one or two more details to make my ideas shine as you say smile.gif Hope that works though..

Sorry man, I was too lazy with those imperfections. Although I heard them, I didn't take the time to do another billion takes for those parts biggrin.gif I will polish them asap!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 7 2013, 10:15 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Sep 6 2013, 08:11 AM) *
Thank's! Your videos are so great!
Well, finding a direction sounds like a long and big adventure smile.gif
So, I'll collect the things I know in terms of theory and write them down for you here.
And yes, it would be cool if you can add the missing things one by one I need to know to 'start' this adventure.
Maybe I could take it step by step and everytime I try to focus on one or two more details to make my ideas shine as you say smile.gif Hope that works though..

Sorry man, I was too lazy with those imperfections. Although I heard them, I didn't take the time to do another billion takes for those parts biggrin.gif I will polish them asap!

About the journey - smile.gif You know how they say...'A journey of a million miles begins with a single step' wink.gif You will most definitely enjoy it so, please do begin and tell me about your knowledge so far.

And about Meta - please go right ahead! Especially if you know what you have to do biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 8 2013, 09:55 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Just polished the things I recognized, here's the recording:

Attached File  DOC_META.mp3 ( 9.32MB ) Number of downloads: 107

Sent you a PM regarding music-theory and other things smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 10 2013, 10:38 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Sep 8 2013, 08:55 PM) *
Just polished the things I recognized, here's the recording:

Attached File  DOC_META.mp3 ( 9.32MB ) Number of downloads: 107

Sent you a PM regarding music-theory and other things smile.gif

I am waiting for the video mate - this is a great version! I think that this is the best one so far and trying further will either ruin it, or make you lose your appetite for it (that breakdown lick could be cleaner, but as I said, it's a great version!)

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 12 2013, 06:40 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey Cosmin smile.gif

Just wanted to let you know that the scheduled plan is working great for me so far! Today is theory day smile.gif

I'll record the video in the next days - but you're somewhat right - I'll put some time into that riff again to play it more defined, maybe it works out without messing it up biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 12 2013, 07:50 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Sep 12 2013, 05:40 AM) *
Hey Cosmin smile.gif

Just wanted to let you know that the scheduled plan is working great for me so far! Today is theory day smile.gif

I'll record the video in the next days - but you're somewhat right - I'll put some time into that riff again to play it more defined, maybe it works out without messing it up biggrin.gif

Hey Marc! I am glad to hear that you are feeling confident and that the results will most probably be felt biggrin.gif

Anticipation could be the thing you need to work with here, but since I'm too lazy to type that much, I'll talk to you about it in a video! Stay tuned!

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 12 2013, 01:10 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Awesome smile.gif waiting!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 12 2013, 04:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Sep 12 2013, 12:10 PM) *
Awesome smile.gif waiting!

wink.gif

It'll probably need around 5 more minutes to load:

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 12 2013, 06:40 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Thanks Cos! I absolutely know what you mean and I can remember that we already talked about this topic in our thread some time ago.. and I'm already adopted it to my learning routine smile.gif
Well, the thing is - playing at slow/med speed is no problem and everything is in time and defined, because I know what comes next and what to play.. but when I speed it up, I always reach a point where I have the feeling that there is no mind .. my fingers are just doing their job. There are AP-patterns I can now play at 90bpm, 16th notes that 4 weeks ago weren't possible for me. And I think it 's not anticipation any more then.. it's just muscle memory. Well I think so..
If you want to play let's say something around 180bpm with 16th notes what you used to play at 120bpm and your current speed-barrier is about 160bpm - is it really anticipation to get you to the 180bpm?

Same with riffs - I can play them clear and defined at let's say 90% of full speed and to get there, anticipation helped me alot! But to get those last 10% - there must be something different and I don't know what.. but what I know is that it often takes a lot of my time biggrin.gif

But it could be that I'm wrong here and don't get the point/misunderstood something..

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 12 2013, 10:32 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Good evening smile.gif

Here's another recording of Emir's Neoclassic solo (full version)
I practiced 1h again and this here is the last and best recording so far (my left hand feels like one simple clump now).
There are two wrong notes and some articulation problems but I think I'm getting to it..)
Attached File  2ndTake.mp3 ( 2.75MB ) Number of downloads: 99

BTW when I have this one in my pocket, I'll continue with my work on Crystallize - so I can have both: aticulation/technique and ear training smile.gif

Those funk v-chats are awesome! Can't wait for the next one smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 13 2013, 03:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Sep 12 2013, 05:40 PM) *
Thanks Cos! I absolutely know what you mean and I can remember that we already talked about this topic in our thread some time ago.. and I'm already adopted it to my learning routine smile.gif
Well, the thing is - playing at slow/med speed is no problem and everything is in time and defined, because I know what comes next and what to play.. but when I speed it up, I always reach a point where I have the feeling that there is no mind .. my fingers are just doing their job. There are AP-patterns I can now play at 90bpm, 16th notes that 4 weeks ago weren't possible for me. And I think it 's not anticipation any more then.. it's just muscle memory. Well I think so..
If you want to play let's say something around 180bpm with 16th notes what you used to play at 120bpm and your current speed-barrier is about 160bpm - is it really anticipation to get you to the 180bpm?

Same with riffs - I can play them clear and defined at let's say 90% of full speed and to get there, anticipation helped me alot! But to get those last 10% - there must be something different and I don't know what.. but what I know is that it often takes a lot of my time biggrin.gif

But it could be that I'm wrong here and don't get the point/misunderstood something..

No man - it's all true, but the body needs time as well smile.gif Anticipation helps along the way, but practice goes hand in hand with it. Some people progress faster others slower, don't beat yourself over this, ok? If that's your rhythm, respect it or put more time in it and see if it gives you better results smile.gif If you are practicing focused, diligent and careful, there's going to be progress, slow or fast, it will be there! Speed is something which you need to become comfortable with, both physically and mentally - when you hit speed mode, your brain tends to cramp the body up and there's tension and lack of precision and all that - am I right? tongue.gif

QUOTE (mad @ Sep 12 2013, 09:32 PM) *
Good evening smile.gif

Here's another recording of Emir's Neoclassic solo (full version)
I practiced 1h again and this here is the last and best recording so far (my left hand feels like one simple clump now).
There are two wrong notes and some articulation problems but I think I'm getting to it..)
Attached File  2ndTake.mp3 ( 2.75MB ) Number of downloads: 99

BTW when I have this one in my pocket, I'll continue with my work on Crystallize - so I can have both: aticulation/technique and ear training smile.gif

Those funk v-chats are awesome! Can't wait for the next one smile.gif

Sounds like a great plan mate! And I think you did a great job here - the mistakes are MINOR and they are there not because you can't play it, but because you probably lost a bit of focus while recording - YOU ARE VERY VERY CLOSE biggrin.gif C'mon, let's get it into shape! Deal??

Thanks a lot! I enjoy talking about funk and playing it and i am really happy you guys dig it too!

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 13 2013, 11:00 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 13 2013, 02:18 PM) *
No man - it's all true, but the body needs time as well smile.gif Anticipation helps along the way, but practice goes hand in hand with it. Some people progress faster others slower, don't beat yourself over this, ok? If that's your rhythm, respect it or put more time in it and see if it gives you better results smile.gif If you are practicing focused, diligent and careful, there's going to be progress, slow or fast, it will be there! Speed is something which you need to become comfortable with, both physically and mentally - when you hit speed mode, your brain tends to cramp the body up and there's tension and lack of precision and all that - am I right? tongue.gif

Now I got it smile.gif - yes, you're right - I tend to stress my body a lot when leaving my comfort zone.. it's something that I try to get under control by starting my AP-workouts very slow and increase the speed by 5bpm at first, then 2bpm and finally 1bpm steps. I try to keep my body as relaxed as possible - but it's quite hard at some point of course - but yeah, it's getting better. Slowly smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 13 2013, 02:18 PM) *
Sounds like a great plan mate! And I think you did a great job here - the mistakes are MINOR and they are there not because you can't play it, but because you probably lost a bit of focus while recording - YOU ARE VERY VERY CLOSE biggrin.gif C'mon, let's get it into shape! Deal??

Thanks a lot! I enjoy talking about funk and playing it and i am really happy you guys dig it too!

I just played that solo for 2 hours - but didn't get a decent recording sad.gif everytime some part went wrong or wasn't played as I wanted it to play.. but hey.. I think my articulation is getting better and better and I get more left hand endurance. Not long ago when playing that solo for 10 minutes (only the first part) my fingers weren't usable anymore tongue.gif

But right now I can't play the other soloing lesson you suggested for today. But I think I got the theory-part down. Should I make a video for you explaining what I learned each week's theory part?
What do you think?

Cheers,
Marc

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 14 2013, 04:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Sep 13 2013, 10:00 PM) *
Now I got it smile.gif - yes, you're right - I tend to stress my body a lot when leaving my comfort zone.. it's something that I try to get under control by starting my AP-workouts very slow and increase the speed by 5bpm at first, then 2bpm and finally 1bpm steps. I try to keep my body as relaxed as possible - but it's quite hard at some point of course - but yeah, it's getting better. Slowly smile.gif

I just played that solo for 2 hours - but didn't get a decent recording sad.gif everytime some part went wrong or wasn't played as I wanted it to play.. but hey.. I think my articulation is getting better and better and I get more left hand endurance. Not long ago when playing that solo for 10 minutes (only the first part) my fingers weren't usable anymore tongue.gif

But right now I can't play the other soloing lesson you suggested for today. But I think I got the theory-part down. Should I make a video for you explaining what I learned each week's theory part?
What do you think?

Cheers,
Marc

Marc - you have a great idea about the video conclusions - what do you say if tomorrow you would make this vid? I didn't want to say anything about it as I thought it would be a bit too much or so - there's a lot of work for you.

About the solo - you are doing fine! Sometimes it takes a bit more time for things to settle and usually when you are way too much into a piece the brain keeps making fun of you - give yourself a bit of time - by that I mean... take a little break with rehearsing it smile.gif A day maybe? Try after that day and see what you get biggrin.gif

About the new solo lesson - can you sing it? smile.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 14 2013, 09:36 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I was somehow sure you gonna like that conclusion - video idea biggrin.gif so you'll get one tomorrow explaining things about possibilities in soloing over Chords in the key of C-Major...

I took a break for today with the solo and I'll see how it goes tomorrow. As today is a scheduled non-guitar day i got no problem with that... ... well I did few AP-excercises ph34r.gif

As I only have two singing days in this house: no I can't sing that new solo biggrin.gif
I'll give it a try (playing-wise) tomorrow.

One more thing regarding : If I look back to last week and what time I spend with guitar, I think there should be made a new plan with 2h of time each day instead of 1h.. Maybe there are more possibilities with making progress much faster then.. what do you think should be altered?

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 14 2013, 11:33 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
OK - now is tomorrow biggrin.gif
I tried to play joes solo and it was impossible for me to play in sync with him especially that intro part where he does this pause after the 5th note.. everytime I started to play early or late mad.gif . Until I started to rebuild the melody in my head while playing, and bam! Got it right everytime biggrin.gif
Cool experience rolleyes.gif - so I use my inner voice if I can't sing it out loud in the future wink.gif

Good night..

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 15 2013, 03:34 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
So here's the best recording I've got today for the neoclassic solo

Attached File  NeoClassicSoloFinalTake.mp3 ( 2.75MB ) Number of downloads: 92

+Quote Post
mad
Sep 15 2013, 08:05 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
As today is recording day.. here's a first take/preview for the Disturbed-lesson.
I know it's not that perfect biggrin.gif though maybe you can give me a little feedback..

Attached File  DisturbedFull.mp3 ( 3.77MB ) Number of downloads: 87

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:48 PM