> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Trubore's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 17 2015, 10:26 PM
Instructor
Hi Willie! Welcome to our thread for Gab's Army. Here I will help you to design your practice routines based on your guitar goals and musical tastes.

I will share some info about you:

- Video playing: http://youtu.be/zbVcoyeL1lU
- Practice time: 30 minutes x day

You suggested working on this lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Clapton-Meets-Knopfler/

but I would like to suggest first giving a try to this one: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...he-Blues-Scale/

Learn it, practice for some days and share a video here. What do you think?

How to organize your time?
As you have 30 minutes each day I think that it would be good to dedicate 1 day to each part of the lesson, which would mean 5 days of practice. The first 10 minutes is for learning the part, the second 10 minutes to practice it over the backing, and the other 10 minutes would be to combine it with previous parts.

Let me know if you have any question.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Trubore
Feb 18 2015, 07:06 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 17 2015, 09:26 PM) *
Hi Willie! Welcome to our thread for Gab's Army. Here I will help you to design your practice routines based on your guitar goals and musical tastes.

I will share some info about you:

- Video playing: http://youtu.be/zbVcoyeL1lU
- Practice time: 30 minutes x day

You suggested working on this lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Clapton-Meets-Knopfler/

but I would like to suggest first giving a try to this one: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...he-Blues-Scale/

Learn it, practice for some days and share a video here. What do you think?

How to organize your time?
As you have 30 minutes each day I think that it would be good to dedicate 1 day to each part of the lesson, which would mean 5 days of practice. The first 10 minutes is for learning the part, the second 10 minutes to practice it over the backing, and the other 10 minutes would be to combine it with previous parts.

Let me know if you have any question.

Sweet man, I'll get too it as soon as I'm home.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 19 2015, 01:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Trubore @ Feb 18 2015, 03:06 PM) *
Sweet man, I'll get too it as soon as I'm home.

Great, please keep me updated!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Trubore
Mar 10 2015, 06:17 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 19 2015, 12:41 PM) *
Great, please keep me updated!

Hi man, just returned from a work trip. Will get to it now.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 10 2015, 04:50 PM
Instructor
Great! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Trubore
Mar 17 2015, 02:08 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 10 2015, 03:50 PM) *
Great! smile.gif

Here is a quick vid I shot. I made a few mistakes, but now you can give me some pointers. I'm trying not to do vibrato or bends as it tends to mess up my wrist more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2c2lv41WQ

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 17 2015, 02:27 PM
Instructor
Hi trubore, great to find a video from you!

I can see that the lesson is evolving well. You can play the notes from the scale and the rhythm seems to be close to the original. Let me give some first comments about this take.

Dynamics: One of the differences that I can mark on your playing is the lack of dynamics when you pick the notes. If you listen to the original lesson you will see how Bear accentuates the first of each group of two 8th notes. In other words, every time he plays with down-stroke, the note sound a bit louder.

Vibrato: You said that you are not doing vibrato because you are not comfortable with it. It would be good to start applying a soft vibrato at first to start getting familiar with it. Then we'll work on lessons specifically designed to master this technique.

Backing track: It would be very helpful for me to see you playing this one over the backing track. Are you using it for practice? Is it possible to see a video of you playing along with the backing?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Trubore
Mar 18 2015, 04:01 PM
Hi man, here is a new take. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVtlddpMhQE
Not my best, but I quickly tried to work on a few of the things you mentioned. Any improvement?

The only reason for me the discomfort during vibrato is the ganglion cysts in my carpal tunnel that gets aggravated. I do want to work on a vibrato lesson though.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 19 2015, 02:15 PM
Instructor
Hi Trubore, yes! I notice an improvement on this take on both directions so you are on the right track, keep working like this!

Also, you can start working on this lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Vibrato-Odyssey-5/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Trubore
Mar 24 2015, 09:59 AM
Hi Gab,

I decided to have the ganglion cysts inside my carpal tunnel removed. ATM it holds me back way to much, in piano guitar and drums. I'll be off for quite a long time (about 3 months), when I'm back we can continue where we left off.

Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 24 2015, 05:18 PM
Instructor
Ok mate, I wish you all the best with the surgery. If you want to work on some theory stuff during this period just let me know. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:21 AM