Warrior Bushido Task 26
Ben Higgins
Jul 20 2012, 10:48 AM
Instructor
Task 26 : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=581740

Lick 21 !

Record a version of yourself playing a few reps of this lick at a tempo of your choice ! smile.gif

Opetholic gave me the idea of using this one for a Task so if you don't like it, you know who to direct your unhappiness towards... tongue.gif

This is a fairly straight forward string skipping lick. It's played in triplets but instead of playing 3 notes on a 1 string then moving to another, you have a 6 note sequence before having to change position. This makes things a little easier but the 6 note pattern can tire your fingers out quickly... ph34r.gif

As always, begin any sequence with a down stroke to set you up properly for the rest of the sequence.. Enjoy !!

Deadline is next Friday 27th July or I send you all to Siberia for a month with no guitar, no electricity and only the clothes you're wearing and you own bare hands to catch your own food...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jul 20 2012, 11:23 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
OMG I can't believe it biggrin.gif hehe
String skipping exercises are by far my most favorite ones. They just sound very spectacular I think. So do sweep picking exercises but those I can't play tongue.gif
Ok here is my take at 100bpm. I will upload faster takes during the week. Hope this gets me a Donut . It has been hard at the Temple with only rice, lentils and tofu for the past weeks smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 20 2012, 12:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jul 20 2012, 11:23 AM) *
OMG I can't believe it biggrin.gif hehe
String skipping exercises are by far my most favorite ones. They just sound very spectacular I think. So do sweep picking exercises but those I can't play tongue.gif
Ok here is my take at 100bpm. I will upload faster takes during the week. Hope this gets me a Donut . It has been hard at the Temple with only rice, lentils and tofu for the past weeks smile.gif

Haha, I thought you'd be pleased !! laugh.gif

Sounds good.. I look forward to seeing the updates throughout the week smile.gif

I'm not going to give you a Donut though, because that's what you wanted...

Just joking, 1 Donut coming your way smile.gif

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jul 22 2012, 07:10 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero

Sounds awesome Opetholic! I have never really practiced string skipping too much so I'm starting nice and slow. I'm throwing this into the daily routine and will see if I can at least get it around 100bpm. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jul 23 2012, 08:58 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Kill him, someone kill him!!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 23 2012, 09:00 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (maharzan @ Jul 23 2012, 08:58 AM) *
Kill him, someone kill him!!

Well, we need all the extra ninjas we can get in order to repel Gab's Army !! So we can't kill him yet... laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jul 23 2012, 10:11 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 23 2012, 08:00 AM) *
Well, we need all the extra ninjas we can get in order to repel Gab's Army !! So we can't kill him yet... laugh.gif

Who are we killing and why ? tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 23 2012, 11:17 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jul 23 2012, 10:11 AM) *
Who are we killing and why ? tongue.gif

Chandra wanted to kill you for uploading good AP takes ! But it's better if we concentrate our forces on the enemy ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jul 23 2012, 04:38 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 23 2012, 10:17 AM) *
Chandra wanted to kill you for uploading good AP takes ! But it's better if we concentrate our forces on the enemy ! biggrin.gif

Yea here is another strike at the enemy at 110 bpm smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 23 2012, 04:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jul 23 2012, 04:38 PM) *
Yea here is another strike at the enemy at 110 bpm smile.gif

Yeah !! Let's take the fight to them !! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Nice playing man !!

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jul 23 2012, 04:57 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
STAB! STAB STAB!!! AAAAAAHHHHH.......... DIE!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jul 23 2012, 05:01 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (maharzan @ Jul 23 2012, 03:57 PM) *
STAB! STAB STAB!!! AAAAAAHHHHH.......... DIE!

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jul 23 2012, 05:25 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
* maharzan runs away.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 23 2012, 05:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (maharzan @ Jul 23 2012, 05:25 PM) *
* maharzan runs away.

That was a stealth getaway !

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jul 24 2012, 09:03 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
Here is a take at 120bpm. My arms start to get tense at this tempo and as a result I am less precise.. I wonder if I can do it at higher speeds huh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 24 2012, 10:31 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jul 24 2012, 09:03 AM) *
Here is a take at 120bpm. My arms start to get tense at this tempo and as a result I am less precise.. I wonder if I can do it at higher speeds huh.gif

Man, do you drink Red Bull for breakfast ??? biggrin.gif

Slow down before you hurt somebody laugh.gif

Just kidding, great stuff man wink.gif

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jul 24 2012, 11:28 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:03 AM