Pod X3 => S/pdif Out
Jad Diab
Apr 27 2008, 11:28 AM
Instructor (former GMCer Zizi Top)
I just had a pod X3, that's really cool, and i was wondering what is the S/PDIF out for ? i know that we can record sounds with it, but i mean what's the difference between it and the USB2.0 ?

And by the way, does somebody know how do we create sounds by using our computer, and then put these sounds on the pod3=x3, i installed line 6 Monkey ...
otherwise i'm so glad to have one, i can't wait to record something with it smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I endorse Sp custom pickups

Check out some of my work :
Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
Apr 27 2008, 12:28 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Zizi Top)
i didn't see that there was a topic on Pods, i'll post it there

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I endorse Sp custom pickups

Check out some of my work :
Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post
StringBender
Apr 28 2008, 03:24 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Zizi Top @ Apr 27 2008, 12:28 PM) *
I just had a pod X3, that's really cool, and i was wondering what is the S/PDIF out for ? i know that we can record sounds with it, but i mean what's the difference between it and the USB2.0 ?

And by the way, does somebody know how do we create sounds by using our computer, and then put these sounds on the pod3=x3, i installed line 6 Monkey ...
otherwise i'm so glad to have one, i can't wait to record something with it smile.gif

Hi Zizi,

Maybe this helps you out.

S/PDIF Digital Output - To send output from POD X3 to another device digitally, connect from this S/PDIF Dig Out to the S/PDIF in on your other device. Connecting digitally is the best choice for routing to external digital recording devices, such as a DAT recorder. The S/PDIF output sends out the Tone(s) according to your device settings - these options are found on the POD X3 device itself by pressing the “Outputs” button (these digital I/O options are not accessible in GearBox). The digital signal is always sent at 24-bit resolution. For more information on using these digital connections, please see your POD X3 Pilot’s Handbook, or check out the GearBox Recording Setup Guide available on the GearBox Online Help site.

If you want to use your computer to get more out of your POD download Gearbox on the line 6 site. It comes with a manual so you should be on your way fast.

Hope this answers your question, in case you need more help do not hasitate to ask.

--------------------
Guitar: Ibanez Gio
Amp: Kustom
FX: Line 6 Pod X3
DAW: Cubase SE 3, Reason 3
Synth: Roland Fantom X6 Workstation
PC:P4 Win XP Dual 2.6 Ghz 2 GB RAM ATI Radeon 9200

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Apr 28 2008, 11:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (StringBender @ Apr 28 2008, 05:24 AM) *
Hi Zizi,

Maybe this helps you out.

S/PDIF Digital Output - To send output from POD X3 to another device digitally, connect from this S/PDIF Dig Out to the S/PDIF in on your other device. Connecting digitally is the best choice for routing to external digital recording devices, such as a DAT recorder. The S/PDIF output sends out the Tone(s) according to your device settings - these options are found on the POD X3 device itself by pressing the “Outputs” button (these digital I/O options are not accessible in GearBox). The digital signal is always sent at 24-bit resolution. For more information on using these digital connections, please see your POD X3 Pilot’s Handbook, or check out the GearBox Recording Setup Guide available on the GearBox Online Help site.

If you want to use your computer to get more out of your POD download Gearbox on the line 6 site. It comes with a manual so you should be on your way fast.

Hope this answers your question, in case you need more help do not hasitate to ask.

agree with and nice explaning

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:17 PM