Check Led Scale Learning Guitar Out...
Spock
Feb 3 2015, 05:31 PM
GMC:er
Great tool for people like me that just can't seem to "get it".

Fretlight FG-521

It's not a "stage" guitar - but a practice tool.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FG521BK

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Todd Simpson
Feb 5 2015, 06:04 AM
I"ve got one!! smile.gif it's actually a prototype for the original "top of the line" series. It was a bit too expensive for the market, so they made the next series a bit cheaper smile.gif A KILLER learning too!!! Some folks HATE IT, but some folks LOVE IT! smile.gif

Quick lesson I did using the FRETLIGHT.

A GMC COLLAB using the FRETLIGHT smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 6 2015, 06:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
How well does this actually work to learn scales etc? I mean...once it's lights out and you don't have the LEDs to lean upon, will you remember the positions etc.? Or would you be better off just learning the scale patterns in the old fashioned way?

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Spock
Feb 6 2015, 08:54 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 5 2015, 12:04 AM) *
I"ve got one!! smile.gif it's actually a prototype for the original "top of the line" series. It was a bit too expensive for the market, so they made the next series a bit cheaper smile.gif A KILLER learning too!!! Some folks HATE IT, but some folks LOVE IT! smile.gif

AWESOME!!!

I WANT ONE!!!! I think they're at $450 now.

But first I have to replace the sewer line from the edge of my yard to the line running down the middle of the road AT MY OWN EXPENSE!!!! Taxes go towards roads, just not the road over the sewer line that is connected to your house - what a freakin' load of bullshit that is.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 6 2015, 10:17 PM
Like anything else, it depends on the user. I found it to be of great benefit when learning scales that travel up the neck. I'd run a long pattern then turn off the lights and see where I could get to. Then turn them back on. It's like looking at tablature or sheet music sorta, but it's lights instead of dots on a page wink.gif

OF course, you can learn without it, I"m self taught mostly and just got one of these a few years ago. But it did help me workout some areas of the fretboard that I wasn't fully comfy with smile.gif

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 6 2015, 01:20 PM) *
How well does this actually work to learn scales etc? I mean...once it's lights out and you don't have the LEDs to lean upon, will you remember the positions etc.? Or would you be better off just learning the scale patterns in the old fashioned way?

I hear ya!! Even the starter model will do the trick smile.gif You can always replace the pickups if they are not up to snuff and actually use it to Gig/Record. The lights go in to "chase mode" when not assigned which might look spiff on stage smile.gif

QUOTE (Spock @ Feb 6 2015, 03:54 PM) *
AWESOME!!!

I WANT ONE!!!! I think they're at $450 now.

But first I have to replace the sewer line from the edge of my yard to the line running down the middle of the road AT MY OWN EXPENSE!!!! Taxes go towards roads, just not the road over the sewer line that is connected to your house - what a freakin' load of bullshit that is.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:01 PM