Edguy's October Mtp Thread, Weekly assignments here
Pedja Simovic
Oct 14 2009, 10:04 AM
Instructor
Ok Roman, here we go with new MTP rules. You will be required to submit 3 assignments in October, all on weekly basis.

1st assignment is due on 17th of October.

I want you to upload audio and/or video of you playing following :

- Major scales through cycle 5 starting from C major
- Major scales through cycle 4 starting from C major
- You need to play them one octave ascending and descending (up and down) and then return to new key.
- Always start from the Root of the scale and end on the same note!
- Tempo for this assignment is 8th notes at 120bpm

Let me know if you got any questions!

Pedja

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Pedja Simovic: Oct 14 2009, 12:25 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
edguy
Oct 14 2009, 12:21 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey Pedja i have one little question why you wrote :

Major scales through cycle 5 starting from C major
Major scales through cycle 5 starting from C major

this two times??

cheers Roman

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My gear:
Schecter Blackjack ATX FR
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 14 2009, 12:25 PM
Instructor
It was a typo, it is supposed to be cycle 5 and cycle 4 smile.gif It is corrected now, let me know if you have any questions!

--------------------

+Quote Post
edguy
Oct 16 2009, 04:47 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey Pedja

my first impression of this assignment is that i am maybe not able to do it in time sad.gif I write a hard Math test next fryday and i need to learn the whole weekend. I will do my very best to record video or audio on sunday if this is ok for you. What i discovered so far is that i need to learn all the boxex for the scals that i can record this assignment. This will also need a little bit of time.

--------------------
My gear:
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 16 2009, 06:27 PM
Instructor
Roman no worries. I have given you assignment in the last place with a day or two delay. So you definitely deserve extension until end of this week.
I will post tonight Guitar pro file of what I am looking for you to play!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 16 2009, 10:26 PM
Instructor
Roman here is how I expect you to do Cycle 4 at 120bpm.
Feel free to play the scale in any octave! The ones in guitar pro are my random choice at that moment.

Can you now figure out Cycle 5 on your own?

Here is Cycle 5 major scales one octave ascending and descending. Again, your choice where you will play that octave and how you will play it.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Cycle_4_Roman_MTP.gp4 ( 1.96K ) Number of downloads: 90
Attached File  Cycle_4_.pdf ( 104.41K ) Number of downloads: 120
Attached File  Cycle_5.gp4 ( 1.96K ) Number of downloads: 81
Attached File  Cycle_5.pdf ( 104.34K ) Number of downloads: 122

--------------------

+Quote Post
edguy
Oct 18 2009, 12:07 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey Pedja,

here is the first video i prepared, where i play the cycle 4. I made some small mistakes but i have a little amount of time for this so i think its ok. Sorry that the video is little out of sync and not in the best qualitiy. I did this in less than a half hour. I am really glad that you gave me the gp4 file so i was able to save some time for learning for my math exam.

Tonight i will try to record and play the cycle 5

cheers Roman

--------------------
My gear:
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 18 2009, 12:34 PM
Instructor
Hey Roman,

Thank you for doing the work. This video however won't play. It says it is private for some reason. You have to send me invitation to view it I think...

I have given you extension 2 extra days.
You don't have to play scales like I tabbed them in Guitar pro. Feel free to use any octave, range or position on your guitar. Important thing is to play them all in time with metronome click.

--------------------

+Quote Post
edguy
Oct 18 2009, 12:42 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey Pedja,

now it should work!

Yeah i know that your gp files are only an example ho i can play it but with my thight time schedule (i have every day 6 till 7 hours of lessons at university and after that i have to learn for my math exam) i am very happy that you give me these files. so i am able to record the two videos and don't need to fugure out other possibilities to play: when i have more time i will come back to this assgn,ent and try to find other ways of playing the octaves by myself.

Hope this is ok for you

--------------------
My gear:
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 18 2009, 12:48 PM
Instructor
Roman that is fine by me as long as you work on this material at some point more smile.gif

Your Eb major scale descending has A instead of Ab note. Everything is pretty much good Roman.

I am glad you found GP4 files useful. I remembered you requesting that output format as you don't have new GP. Luckily for us, new Guitar pro has a function of exporting in the old format.

I look forward to second video.
I will post your new assignment when you are done with this one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
edguy
Oct 19 2009, 07:35 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey Pedja,

finally i made it today to record the second video. It's not perfect because i had only a half hour of time for that. I hope i will pass this assignment although.

cheers Roman

--------------------
My gear:
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 19 2009, 07:39 PM
Instructor
Roman, very well done!
Only F# major has a wrong note descending. Everything else was well covered.

You did pass the assignment, I am very happy that you recorded videos and went through the scales.
I would like you to take this same concept and play those scales in many other ways, not just the ones you have seen on my guitar pro file.

Your 2nd assignment will be related to first assignment but this time we will work on natural minor scales! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
edguy
Oct 19 2009, 07:46 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey Pedja biggrin.gif,

very quick answer biggrin.gif Well funny that i played one wrong note descending on cycle 4 and on cycle 5 biggrin.gif
I will go through this excercise more often when i have more time and also try to use other shapes. I am looking forward to the new assignment but i want to tell you that i have to do it the same way i did this assignment. I have not much time the next weeks till the 13 November. Many exams at university are on the way.

But i will try to pass all weekly assignments maybe with a little delay.

cheers Roman

--------------------
My gear:
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 19 2009, 07:51 PM
Instructor
In that case Roman, I will post Guitar pro again for minor scales. That should help you do the work I hope? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
edguy
Oct 20 2009, 07:06 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Oct 19 2009, 08:51 PM) *
In that case Roman, I will post Guitar pro again for minor scales. That should help you do the work I hope? smile.gif

Yeah Pedja that would make things easier for me.

--------------------
My gear:
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 20 2009, 09:51 AM
Instructor
Great Roman. I will upload your assignment today in that case smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 21 2009, 12:45 PM
Instructor
Roman we are moving onto your 2nd assignment now. We are focusing on Cycle 4 and 5 for natural minor scales now!

2nd assignment is due on 26th of October.

- Record straight 8th notes at 120bpm, playing natural minor scales ascending and descending using Cycle 4 and Cycle 5.
- Use Guitar pro and PDF files provided as guide or final material.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Pedja

This post has been edited by Pedja Simovic: Oct 21 2009, 12:51 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Cycle_4_minor.gp4 ( 2K ) Number of downloads: 79
Attached File  Cycle_4_minor.pdf ( 105.84K ) Number of downloads: 108
Attached File  Cycle_5_minor.gp4 ( 2K ) Number of downloads: 82
Attached File  Cycle_5_minor.pdf ( 103.54K ) Number of downloads: 128

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 22 2009, 10:45 PM
Instructor
Roman, how is assignment coming along?
Let me know if I can help in any way!

--------------------

+Quote Post
edguy
Oct 25 2009, 11:57 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey Pedja,

here is the first video. I hope i can make the second video tonight or tomorrow but i think i can manage it:D

cheers Roman

--------------------
My gear:
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 25 2009, 12:20 PM
Instructor
Good work Roman. You played all the right notes but half way trough timing was off. You were ahead of the beat. Next time play it 100% with click, straight 8th notes. Look forward to 2nd video!

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:06 PM