9 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
The Big Gmc Collab!, Everyone is invited
maharzan
Sep 15 2010, 03:03 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Great.. can't wait to hear how the final mix sounds like.. When is it coming? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bear Rose
Sep 16 2010, 06:03 PM
Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Sep 14 2010, 07:41 PM) *
some cool ideas in there!

Thanks, Daniel! It was definitely a lot different than what I'm used to, so I had to try some new things. Glad you liked it!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 16 2010, 10:14 PM
GMC Founder
Ok I have a first draft for you!

A few comments - I think everyone got their spot except for Jitty. Jitty did a good job with his solo and would have made if it hadn't been for the fact that he chose to play over the choruses where we had some really strong takes already - which I prioritized for the sake of the whole tune.

I am a very big fan of Lian's work and would have loved to hear his singing all over the tune - I ended up putting his vocals on the last chorus simply because I wanted Gabriel on the first chorus (to have the shreddiest stuff at the end) and Lian's and Gabriel's stuff didn't blend too well. However you will notice Lian appears in the background on all choruses.

The most popular spot was the stick after the first chorus - and I managed to squeeze everyone in by playing two different takes simultaneously and hard pan them. I think it created a really cool contrast.

Bear will noticed I sliced his take up quite badly! =D Also if there are takes in there you don't recognize it's Ben Higgins at 0:17 and Marius Pop at 02:17 and the last chorus.

I personally think we achieved a fantastic blend of styles in here - and find the tune to be much more than just a guitar show off.

This is just a draft mix so any comments you have got are appreciated. Also I ask you to please start sending me video - preferably as high quality mp4 as possible! I feel that this video will be something truly special and can't wait to get it up at youtube and GMC frontpage.

Attached File  big_collab_draft.mp3 ( 5.09MB ) Number of downloads: 305

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jitty
Sep 16 2010, 10:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 16 2010, 09:14 PM) *
Ok I have a first draft for you!

A few comments - I think everyone got their spot except for Jitty. Jitty did a good job with his solo and would have made if it hadn't been for the fact that he chose to play over the choruses where we had some really strong takes already - which I prioritized for the sake of the whole tune.

I am a very big fan of Lian's work and would have loved to hear his singing all over the tune - I ended up putting his vocals on the last chorus simply because I wanted Gabriel on the first chorus (to have the shreddiest stuff at the end) and Lian's and Gabriel's stuff didn't blend too well. However you will notice Lian appears in the background on all choruses.

The most popular spot was the stick after the first chorus - and I managed to squeeze everyone in by playing two different takes simultaneously and hard pan them. I think it created a really cool contrast.

Bear will noticed I sliced his take up quite badly! =D Also if there are takes in there you don't recognize it's Ben Higgins at 0:17 and Marius Pop at 02:17 and the last chorus.

I personally think we achieved a fantastic blend of styles in here - and find the tune to be much more than just a guitar show off.

This is just a draft mix so any comments you have got are appreciated. Also I ask you to please send me video - preferably as high quality mp4 as possible! I feel that video will be something truly special and can't wait to get it up at youtube and GMC frontpage.

Attached File  big_collab_draft.mp3 ( 5.09MB ) Number of downloads: 305

That's too bad I didn't make it. Maybe next time.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 16 2010, 10:20 PM
Learning Roadie
I'm kinda sorry that I didn't enter. I just never worked with this type of music. It would be hard to improvise over. sad.gif

This post has been edited by thefireball: Sep 16 2010, 10:20 PM

+Quote Post
maharzan
Sep 17 2010, 06:24 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
sounds great!! smile.gif I m in there too. will post a video soon.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vaidya
Sep 17 2010, 08:16 AM
Learning Roadie
Sounds good.Congrats, everyone

This post has been edited by Vaidya: Sep 17 2010, 08:46 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Sep 17 2010, 09:06 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
urgh, no speakers or headphones at work sad.gif will have to wait till I get home!, looking forward to listening to the first mix smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Sep 17 2010, 09:52 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
I like it, I can even hear my rhythm take in the background, thanks for that! So what video should we shoot? Just a short one were we play our part?

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 17 2010, 09:54 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Sep 17 2010, 10:52 AM) *
I like it, I can even hear my rhythm take in the background, thanks for that! So what video should we shoot? Just a short one were we play our part?

That will work!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Sep 17 2010, 05:29 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
biggrin.gif really cool, love all the takes, really excellent, i`ll get to work on some vid smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 17 2010, 09:09 PM
GMC:er
Well done wink.gif It's got depth and texture and is waaaay out there which is great. I like the hard pan dueling guitar thing. It actually took some practice just to listen to it and let my ears lose focus a bit so I could take it all in at once. It's a dense mix and works really well.

How about the video?

Todd

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Sep 17 2010, 09:38 PM
Instructor
awesome! love it Kris! smile.gif

+Quote Post
maharzan
Sep 18 2010, 07:02 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Here is mine.. smile.gif

For those who like to check online and doesn't have quicktime. smile.gif

Thanks for checking. smile.gif

This post has been edited by maharzan: Sep 18 2010, 07:45 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  brutal_maharzan.mov ( 4.58MB ) Number of downloads: 152

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Sep 18 2010, 05:33 PM
Instructor
amazing takes! I hadn't heard some in there

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Sep 18 2010, 06:07 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Here is my video, got a special guest in it...

And here is the downloadable file (no sound in this one):

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 19 2010, 04:00 AM
GMC:er
Here is my vid that I shot when I recorded. I'd shut the lights off to show my Fretlights. It's a quictime .mp4 file. But I can convert the source to anything needed.

Attached File  Big_Collab_Todd_Take_1.mp4 ( 7.4MB ) Number of downloads: 152

Todd

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 19 2010, 10:01 AM
Instructor
This is shaping up great....!!! Some crazy stuff in there... looking forward to the final video biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
maharzan
Sep 19 2010, 11:17 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
me tooo.. I m excited to be in the first video collab. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 19 2010, 11:45 AM
GMC Founder
Thanks for all the vids - when I have them all I will start working on the final collab video.

Also please let me know if you have got any comments on the mix. I already sense I need to adjust some levels here and there -so hopefully you can expect the final mix to be a lot better.

--------------------

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:22 PM