Introduction
Jim S.
Apr 19 2013, 05:12 AM
Learning Rock Star
I began playing guitar when I was 16. Listening to only 3 bands, Metallica, Van Halen, Guns N Roses Id say that I was pretty shut off to music. Having no idea it existed, I sat in my room pecking away. Still to this day there is not a part of my mind that regrets not ever knowing other forms of music earlier on. I was however listening to a Tchaikovsky tape over and over.

One day many years later downloading music was just beginning and I could download whole cds, I came across a Shred version of Cannon in D by Malsteem. Shit was I blown away, what was this? So then I learned of 4 bands, then 5 and 6. Anyways my point is that I never really understood the amount of amazing music out there until about 3 years ago. This whole time in between I had been studying and learning everything I could. I only had a few guitarist to fall back on and I could never play they're solo's.

Today I listen to a broad range from Greg Howe, Guthrie, Larry Carlton, Via, Petrucci, Gilbert, Moore, Morse, Gambale, to Pop Country???!!! My goals are to start hearing the chords as I am soloing and writing the solos that I hum all damn day.

Now I feel confident in where I'd like to be in music. In five years I would like to form a network of musicians to write and grow with. I'd like to hone my skills and continue to learn. Most importantly I'd like to finish more projects that I am proud of.

This is my Darius Wave Cover https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFuVp917l2E

https://sites.google.com/site/jimseekfordmusic/home

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 19 2013, 09:45 AM
Instructor
Hey Jim!

I think you are on the yellow brick road on becoming a very good player! I have watched your recording and aside a few minor mistakes, you are doing good. Of course, Darius will comment on it and give you far better insight - it's his piece and he knows best what's in there.

Aside from that, I have listened to your tunes and it seems like you are a proficient creator, which I totally admire smile.gif

Please take some time to explore our community and let us know if you need any help. Do you have a particular lesson which you are studying right now?

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
korblitz
Apr 19 2013, 10:50 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Whoa Jim Seekford you are amazing! Congrats on the solo cover it sounds amazing!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 19 2013, 02:49 PM
Instructor
Hi Jim! Cool introduction! Welcome to GMC! Thanks for sharing with us who you are. I'm checking your solo and it sounds really good. Your phrasing is consistent and you have a good vibrato and feeling in general! As Cosmin said, explore a bit the site, I think that you will enjoy the theory section leaded by The Professor a lot: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=47852

and let us know if you need some help or assistance! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 26 2013, 01:20 AM
GMC:er
Welcome to GMC smile.gif Those are three great bands to be sure. If you were gonna pick just three you picked well!! I"m glad to hear your musical tastes are growing though. It's an important bit of one's journey as a musician to let your "Ears Grow" so to speak and start hearing more and more of what's out there. The more you listen to, the more you'll notice new bits creeping in to your playing. Even listening to some stuff you don't enjoy right away can have positive results. You may find a note passage for use in a solo in nearly any form of music so I'd suggest listening to pretty much everything you can get your hands on at least a bit smile.gif

Todd

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:23 PM