4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Do You Hate Justin Bieber?
Opetholic
Jun 14 2012, 10:59 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (rokchik @ Jun 14 2012, 09:42 PM) *
I also love this

Aaaaa damn it I was going to post this smile.gif this is pretty awesome tongue.gif
I love it when he goes "How many bloody G's are there ? " haha

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 15 2012, 12:06 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (rokchik @ Jun 14 2012, 06:42 PM) *
Hate is such a strong word tongue.gif

Too be honest I don't pay much attention to all the Bieber hype. He's the "it" guy for the 5-15 yr old girls. When I was a kid it was New Kids on the Block and scores of others. Pop music needs to sell and who better to sell too then kids who's parents will spend copious amounts of cash to keep them happy. Beiber tickets, Beiber dolls, Beiber posters... etc. But hey good on him for making it whether ya like him or not he's doing what he loves and getting paid for it.

Oh and it's not just parents spending cash... this aunt(me smile.gif ) just paid $175 bucks so that her 6 yrs old niece can have back stage passes to see Mr. Beiber.... the response was a very loud and ear piercing squeal and a "best ever aunt" chant. So thanks Beibs... my niece thinks I'm cooler than the other side of the pillow thanks to you cool.gif

I also love this

hahahah this video is Epic! laugh.gif laugh.gif I had never seen it. biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 15 2012, 11:35 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Jun 13 2012, 02:14 AM) *
I actually like Justin Bieber because he has managed to get uptight musicians all bent out of shape. Its hilarious to watch grown men have their ego destroyed by a little boy that looks like a lesbian.

He's living every musicians dream: Arena tours, girls, money, girls, fast cars, girls, a big mansion, girls, vacations in exotic places, girls - and in between that exciting lifestyle, he actually manages to pick up girls.

All this is achieved because he successfully sells his character. As we've discussed in a previous thread, when it comes to selling your music, character is equally as important, if not even more important than the music itself.

Yes, he is certainly living every musicians dream. He has everything he would love too had. He is my age, for people of my age. Here's what the stand on him is. Its divided

Some guys (like me) HATE him, for being so untalented, not having his voice changed, girly looking, yet having so much money and girls around him. My brother says I sound a lot like Adam Gontier (of Three Days Grace, don't know how true is this statement, maybe 1% tongue.gif ) And he or even me would make a great pop singer, had I not fallen into Rock and Metal. But I am glad I have. I love what I am musically fallen into, no remorse

The second group, ACTUALLY LIKES AND ADMIRES HIM. And therefore, they get more lucky, and popular with girls and overall in the school. And even make fun of guys like me just hide the talent and goodness. (everyone in my school except me and 3-4 others fall into this category laugh.gif )

And for the girls, mostly like him, sorry love him. laugh.gif

QUOTE (JTaylor @ Jun 14 2012, 09:14 PM) *
I actually just watched the video. I have a few observations and questions:

1. Is he old enough to drive?
2. He plays guitar better than Lil Wayne.
3. Do those little girls parents know they are dressed like that?!
4. Justin Beiber (or somebody on the video) has very good taste in automobiles.
5. He actually has a good voice, in my opinion.
6. After seeing those scantily clad girls, I am, more than ever, glad my wife and I have a son.
7. And now, I have that stupid song stuck in my head!!! laugh.gif

Thank god, I didn't watch that vid. biggrin.gif And congrats you have a son

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 14 2012, 11:43 PM) *
Dude! I totally wish for a son myself... I am scared to death of having a beautiful daughter laugh.gif

QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jun 14 2012, 11:44 PM) *
LOL biggrin.gif Do you know Murphy's Law Cosmin?? tongue.gif

So, we may assume Cosmin's gonna have a daughter laugh.gif tongue.gif

Kiddin, wish u have a son Cosmin wink.gif He's gonna be a better guitar player than me by the time he is 10 laugh.gif

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 15 2012, 12:12 AM) *
Did you know guys are most likely to sire daughters rather than boys...? Apparantly it's to do with the temperature of sperm or something.

Not temperature, the weight. Some medical info for all you guys. (Maybe some of you know, who had Bio in high school )

There are 2 sex chromosomes, X (heavier) and Y (lighter). Men have one copy of each. Women have two X and no Y. A sperm has only one, either X or Y, ovum has X, always. Since a sperm with X is slightly heavier than one with Y, it'll more likely fertilize and Therefore, more likely to have a girl.

QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jun 15 2012, 12:17 AM) *
Oh noo I don't believe that.. If that was true there would be more females than males, don't you think so?

THIS IS TRUE. As mother nature made it, there should be more girls, but due to some evil stuffs, which I won't mention on the forum, there are more boys.

In India, there are approx 840 girls per 1000 boys as of 2011 census.

This post has been edited by Yash: Jun 15 2012, 11:38 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 15 2012, 02:03 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 15 2012, 10:35 AM) *
Not temperature, the weight. Some medical info for all you guys. (Maybe some of you know, who had Bio in high school )

There are 2 sex chromosomes, X (heavier) and Y (lighter). Men have one copy of each. Women have two X and no Y. A sperm has only one, either X or Y, ovum has X, always. Since a sperm with X is slightly heavier than one with Y, it'll more likely fertilize and Therefore, more likely to have a girl.

The information is correct, however, incomplete and the conclusion is not quite correct. It is a much more delicate issue than you would think... The X chromosome is slightly heavier, that is correct. On the other hand being heavier they are therefore slower. Y chromosomes are faster. So naively you would think that the sperm with the Y chromosome would reach the egg first. However, Y chromosomes on the average have smaller lifetimes! Also the Y chromosomes prefer alkaline conditions as compared to the X chromosome.. Therefore it is a very delicate balance and it all very much depends on the time of the fertilization process and many other conditions like temperature, number of male sperms, how deep they are ejaculated and so on... Sorry if I am being too explicit here but trying to avoid urban legends smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 15 2012, 02:09 PM
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jun 15 2012, 06:33 PM) *
The information is correct, however, incomplete and the conclusion is not quite correct. It is a much more delicate issue than you would think... The X chromosome is slightly heavier, that is correct. On the other hand being heavier they are therefore slower. Y chromosomes are faster. So naively you would think that the sperm with the Y chromosome would reach the egg first. However, Y chromosomes on the average have smaller lifetimes! Also the Y chromosomes prefer alkaline conditions as compared to the X chromosome.. Therefore it is a very delicate balance and it all very much depends on the time of the fertilization process and many other conditions like temperature, number of male sperms, how deep they are ejaculated and so on... Sorry if I am being too explicit here but trying to avoid urban legends smile.gif

I didn't think about the speed laugh.gif Stupid me, I was just thinking about the lifetime of the sperms laugh.gif Thanks for making my knowledge complete Opetholic. biggrin.gif And I think we can be a little, just a little explicit to teach the others wink.gif And are you a doctor ??

--------------------

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 15 2012, 02:12 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 15 2012, 01:09 PM) *
I didn't think about the speed laugh.gif Stupid me, I was just thinking about the lifetime of the sperms laugh.gif Thanks for making my knowledge complete Opetholic. biggrin.gif And I think we can be a little, just a little explicit to teach the others wink.gif And are you a doctor ??

I am a doctor but not a medical doctor tongue.gif I have a PhD in physics cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 15 2012, 02:17 PM
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jun 15 2012, 06:42 PM) *
I am a doctor but not a medical doctor tongue.gif I have a PhD in physics cool.gif

Awesome, UberCool cool.gif I love physics too. Man I wished I met you earlier, I would have scored better this year smile.gif I could ask my doubts and maybe be able to shoot questions too laugh.gif

You still have a good knowledge of Bio ???? How did that come by. Just interest or you had Bio in graduation or lower level like High School

--------------------

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 15 2012, 02:22 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 15 2012, 01:17 PM) *
Awesome, UberCool cool.gif I love physics too. Man I wished I met you earlier, I would have scored better this year smile.gif I could ask my doubts and maybe be able to shoot questions too laugh.gif

You still have a good knowledge of Bio ???? How did that come by. Just interest or you had Bio in graduation or lower level like High School

Hehe thanks smile.gif yea you can ask me your physics questions biggrin.gif I wouldn't say I have a good knowledge of Bio. I had a lot of Bio back then but I forgot almost everything. But I am interested in all branches of science in general..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 15 2012, 02:30 PM
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jun 15 2012, 06:52 PM) *
Hehe thanks smile.gif yea you can ask me your physics questions biggrin.gif I wouldn't say I have a good knowledge of Bio. I had a lot of Bio back then but I forgot almost everything. But I am interested in all branches of science in general..

laugh.gif That's why I said I wished I met you earlier, I am most probably done with physics now. I'll be trying to get admission into Anthropology, or Biomedical Science..... Or if it does happen, I might be selected in AIIMS, the best medical college in India.

Or else, B.Sc Hons in Anthropology, Biomedical Science, Biological Science, Chemistry, Or if none of these, then Physics. Then I'll need your help, BIG time biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Yash: Jun 15 2012, 02:32 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 15 2012, 02:32 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Yash @ Jun 15 2012, 01:30 PM) *
laugh.gif That's why I said I wished I met you earlier, I am most probably done with physics now. I'll be trying to get admission into Anthropology, or Biomedical Science..... Or if this does happen, I might be selected in AIIMS, the best medical college in India.

That's pretty cool smile.gif I hope you get in. Best of luck! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 15 2012, 02:35 PM
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jun 15 2012, 07:02 PM) *
That's pretty cool smile.gif I hope you get in. Best of luck! smile.gif

Which one, do you hope, B.Sc or MBBS ? wink.gif smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jun 15 2012, 06:48 PM
I think it is sad that people judge other people by music.
Think about it, music is about feeling, emotion, can make people happy.

If you make people happy with your music, I think its good and I can't hate on that.
Its just that Justin bieber's music doesn't interest me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 16 2012, 09:16 AM
I think many folks/musicians, sort of HATE what he represents in terms of "product" that is pre-sold, predictable, formulaic, inauthentic, etc.

He can actually play instruments, and can compose music. But what he's been packaged and sold as, is easy to become a bit sickened by. Such obvious tween girl spending bait. It's almost hard not to be offended by some aspects of it. It doesn't urge me to violence, personally. But it sure is icky. smile.gif

There are some parallels between JUSTIN BEIBER and OLA ENGLUND! (Believe it or not

JUSTIN
(Satan's Spawn)
*Started on Youtube
*Got discovered by someone (American Rapper/Producer)
*Went on tour
*Made Millions

OLA
(Satan's Rythm Guitar Player)
*Got discovered by someone (No, not by Satan, by SIX FEET UNDER, close but not the same)
*Went on tour
*Made enough money to buy new strings.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jun 16 2012, 12:39 PM
Learning Roadie
He gets to make out with Selena Gomez too. If I was his age I'd be very jealous of him. (I'm a little too old for that not to be creepy at my current age)

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 16 2012, 07:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (snackajacks @ Jun 15 2012, 02:48 PM) *
I think it is sad that people judge other people by music.
Think about it, music is about feeling, emotion, can make people happy.

If you make people happy with your music, I think its good and I can't hate on that.
Its just that Justin bieber's music doesn't interest me.

Can't agree more! Nice post mate. This is exactly what I feel.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 16 2012, 07:18 PM
Instructor
..and somehow smile.gif Justin Bieber is taking all the forum attention laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 16 2012, 08:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 16 2012, 07:18 PM) *
..and somehow smile.gif Justin Bieber is taking all the forum attention laugh.gif

Yeah... who's idea was it to start a thread on Justi...

Oh wait..

Gabrielllllllllllllllll !!!!!!! mad.gif mad.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 16 2012, 10:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 16 2012, 04:20 PM) *
Yeah... who's idea was it to start a thread on Justi...

Oh wait..

Gabrielllllllllllllllll !!!!!!! mad.gif mad.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

my most popular thread in the last weeks... ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

I started one talking about the awesome drummer that plays in Porcupine Tree and nobody replied it (Check it HERE)... What is happening guys?? Should I do a Justin Bieber style lesson??? blink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Bossie
Jun 16 2012, 11:32 PM
Well the debate is closed ... biggrin.gif

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Yash
Jun 17 2012, 07:47 AM
Result - He sucks and gets attention for nothing biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:03 AM