Pedal Board Love?
Todd Simpson
Nov 21 2017, 08:16 AM
GMC:er
I've got a pedal board. I sold all my pedals but now I've got some back. Some folks go CRAZY on pedals and end up doing ballet on stage to get the right ones turned on /off before finding a programmable foot switch to control them. Some folks just like stomping on them smile.gif Here is a good example of a HUGE pedal board that needs a controller and thankfully has one. It's the long black thing on bottom:)
Attached Image
Here is a pedal board so clean you could eat off of it and so well designed it could fit in a gym bag.
Attached Image

My pedal board is pretty basic. It does contain a little 5 watt amp as well which comes in handy smile.gif It's just 5 pedals but it can do just about any one. The XSTOMP is the key as it can be any pedal on earth smile.gif
Attached Image

*NOTICE THE COMMONALITY ON ALL BOARDS?
In case you missed it, all three have a KLON CENTAUR overdrive. Mine is a "KLONE" built by a fellow GMCer, but you get the iidea. No pedal board is complete, until it has at least a good copy of a KLON CENTAUR smile.gif I didn't get it until I got one myself. The boost is just magic. I prefer it to my much loved PRO TONE BULB DELUXE, which was my fave overdrive ever, until the Klon smile.gif

Now some folks, want to rack up their pedals (like Adrian Smith, from my other post RACK PRON) and for those folks, Rack Drawers/Shelves are an option!!
Attached Image

SHARE YOUR PEDAL BOARD!!! Tell me a bit about why it is how it is smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 21 2017, 08:24 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 21 2017, 11:31 AM
Speaking of klon's, wampler recently released a new "pro" model of their clone;

https://www.wamplerpedals.com/products/the-tumnus-deluxe

Same sound with added eq and a gain boost switch thats not over the top. Will take a long time before I'll try one but I like the idea of trying to improve a design.

-As for pedalboards; To me they're slowly transforming into complete systems. Very often I see small processors or cab./amp sim.s, it wasn't like that only a few years ago as either there was a processor or analog pedals for an amp.

I remember experimenting combinations of different preamps, eq's, cab.s and fx while most friends prefered to get everything from amplitube etc. . Finally this has started to become a "thing" among guitar players who wants a sound they're personally connected with.

Even now I'm using an acoustic preamp on my boss gt-1 smile.gif the OD character is tape saturation-like, with very flat eq's. Add my pedals before it and a half decent cab. sim. the sound to me is not bad at all.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Nov 21 2017, 12:19 PM
Learning Rock Star
I was considering going the pedal route, now that I've started playing in a band again, and I actually bought a couple, but I've sold them again. I'm going FCB1010+laptop with BIAS route smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Nov 21 2017, 02:00 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I saw the pic before I read the text, love seeing that pedal there getting used smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 21 2017, 02:06 PM
Instructor
I've tried lots of things in the past. I've had big and small pedalboards, I've used Pods, and other multiFxs.

At this moment I have two set-ups. The first one is a small pedalboard with the things that I need in front of an amp.

Attached Image

The second one, and what's becoming my main nowadays is just a Fractal Ax8 + Mission controller. In my last show I've added Morley Bad Horsie in front of it.

Attached Image

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Nov 21 2017, 02:58 PM
Here's what i mainly use in front of the Amp:-
Attached Image
It does get changed around quite a bit. The Digitech Polara in the top left gets put into the FX Loop along with my Zoom 9150 for Reverbs, Delays and Modulation, which is itself controlled by a Zoom 8050 Floor Unit which has 2 Expression Pedals added!

biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
klasaine
Nov 21 2017, 04:30 PM
I recently had a gig (a musical) where I needed two separate set-ups. Acoustic and electric.

Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Nov 21 2017, 04:41 PM
Good job you labelled your chair Ken!! Very important not to get that confused with one of the pedalboards!!!
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
klasaine
Nov 21 2017, 05:46 PM
That chair was my most coveted piece of gear on that gig!

*The labels were for stage crew that needed to strike and re-set at one point during the show's run.

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Nov 21 2017, 06:02 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
I have done the pedal dance in the past but now I am enjoying the clean, quick and easy, as well as great sounding and versatile Fractal Audio FX8 with expression pedal, an Ernie Ball volume pedal and a Jim Dunlop Cry Baby in front of it into an Orange Rockerverb 50 MKIII with two 2X12 cabs. An open back and a closed back, both with Vintage Celestion 30's.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Nov 21 2017, 08:25 PM
Learning Roadie
This guy builds pedal boards to die for

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 21 2017, 11:29 PM
Thats a good route to go smile.gif What are you using for getting audio in and out of your laptop for your live rig? There is a footpedal that doubles as a audio interface and I got one but it was dead on arrival so I don't want to suggest them. sad.gif I do think that the way you are going is in fact the future of gigging and recording. The flexibility offered by software simply can't be matched in hardware due to the fact that software can be nearly anything, where as even the Kemper is really just a computer running it's own software burned on to internal chips and it's tied to being a kemper smile.gif.It can be any amp, but it can't be any compbination of amps and fx where BIAS can. Also, BIAS sounds just as good IMHO as any processor. I'm sure there are wads of folks that think I'm just wrong which is fine smile.gif Time will tell though. I think we are heading to a time where we will see laptops on stage and in racks more than we see kempers and axe fx. Time will tell smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Nov 21 2017, 07:19 AM) *
I was considering going the pedal route, now that I've started playing in a band again, and I actually bought a couple, but I've sold them again. I'm going FCB1010+laptop with BIAS route smile.gif

Yup. I can get pretty much any tone I want out of OVERLOUD TH2/TH3 and then go back later and change anything I want about it after I've recorded. It just can't be beat in terms of flexibility for recording and it's darn handy for live work as it can sound like pretty much anything. As BEN provides a good example of this, he's going with BIAS and a LAPTOP. I really think that is what we are going to see the next generation do more and more. Partly because they will have grown up on AMPLITUDE running on their phone/Tablet/Laptop. It will be what they are most comfy with smile.gif

Todd
QUOTE (Mertay @ Nov 21 2017, 06:31 AM) *
Speaking of klon's, wampler recently released a new "pro" model of their clone;

https://www.wamplerpedals.com/products/the-tumnus-deluxe
.. the sound to me is not bad at all.

It's just the BEST BOOST EVER!!! smile.gif Folks really should give one of these a whirl. I hope the other copies are as good as yours. If they are even close then one is worth having smile.gif Even when I use a plugin, using this as a clean boost going in to the interface gives the signal all the punch and clarity in the world!! It's the secret sauce to making plugins sound great as it helps drive them to sound like real amps smile.gif

Todd
QUOTE (yoncopin @ Nov 21 2017, 09:00 AM) *
I saw the pic before I read the text, love seeing that pedal there getting used smile.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 21 2017, 11:30 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:44 AM