4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Ruben_mcn's December Mtp Thread, Weekly assignments and uploads here
Pedja Simovic
Dec 3 2009, 02:33 PM
Instructor
Hi Ruben!

I am very excited to get started with you as you waited extra month to join my MTP group. I hope you will find assignments very useful informative challenging and fun at the same time smile.gif
Since you mentioned in your Guitar CV that you need help with Bending, Vibrato and Alternate picking, I have decided to start you off with some Alternate picking. The reasons for choosing this one is AP seem to be most troubling technique for most guitar players. The sooner we cover it, everything should be much easier later on. We will of course work on Bending and Vibrato as well as other important aspects (like theory and harmony, improvising, recording, learning useful GMC lessons etc) but for time being our 1st assignment will be focusing on technique.

Here is your 1st assignment for December!

1st assignment is due on December 10th (a week from today).

Your 1st assignment is :

- Record each lick in 3 different tempos! Make sure tempos are at least 15-20 bpm difference.
- Try to show me your maximum tempo for these licks, I want you to push yourself here!
- Feel free to ask for more exercises if these are too easy for you!
- Upload your takes in this thread. Ideally I would like you to do videos, put them on Youtube and embed them here.

Time limit for 1st assignment would be a week from now. If you manage to do all the exercises before that, I will put more exercises here for you!

Feel free to ask me any questions, I am here to help always biggrin.gif

Pedja

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Exercise_1_Alternate.pdf ( 103.34K ) Number of downloads: 106
Attached File  Exercise_2_Alternate.pdf ( 104.72K ) Number of downloads: 107
Attached File  Exercise_3_Alternate.pdf ( 106.53K ) Number of downloads: 132
Attached File  Exercise_4_Alternate.pdf ( 66.74K ) Number of downloads: 103
Attached File  Exercise_5_Alternate.pdf ( 70.31K ) Number of downloads: 105

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Dec 3 2009, 05:37 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Dec 3 2009, 01:33 PM) *
Hi Ruben!

I am very excited to get started with you as you waited extra month to join my MTP group. I hope you will find assignments very useful informative challenging and fun at the same time smile.gif
Since you mentioned in your Guitar CV that you need help with Bending, Vibrato and Alternate picking, I have decided to start you off with some Alternate picking. The reasons for choosing this one is AP seem to be most troubling technique for most guitar players. The sooner we cover it, everything should be much easier later on. We will of course work on Bending and Vibrato as well as other important aspects (like theory and harmony, improvising, recording, learning useful GMC lessons etc) but for time being our 1st assignment will be focusing on technique.

Here is your 1st assignment for December!

1st assignment is due on December 10th (a week from today).

Your 1st assignment is :

- Record each lick in 3 different tempos! Make sure tempos are at least 15-20 bpm difference.
- Try to show me your maximum tempo for these licks, I want you to push yourself here!
- Feel free to ask for more exercises if these are too easy for you!
- Upload your takes in this thread. Ideally I would like you to do videos, put them on Youtube and embed them here.

Time limit for 1st assignment would be a week from now. If you manage to do all the exercises before that, I will put more exercises here for you!

Feel free to ask me any questions, I am here to help always biggrin.gif

Pedja

Thanks a lot i will start working rigth away , just got one question how many notes per beat shoud i do ?? .. btw I forgot to mention that i am being influenced by Paul Gilbert, Steve vai , yngwie malmsteen, Marty Friedman .. It is cause of this and some other guitarrists that I want to increase my speed of play ... =) but this doesn´t mean I just want to be a full time shredder and do nothing but shredding in my solos/improvising.. I want to be able to sheered nicely when I fell like shredding / need to shred but at the same time I want to make some nice melodic solos =)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Dec 3 2009, 11:44 PM

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Dec 4 2009, 11:53 AM
Instructor
Ruben those exercises are 16th note based which means 4 notes per beat. Please check my demonstration of them below

Alternate picking examples

--------------------

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Dec 4 2009, 01:57 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Dec 4 2009, 10:53 AM) *
Ruben those exercises are 16th note based which means 4 notes per beat. Please check my demonstration of them below

Alternate picking examples

thanks a lot i´m going to record the 1st one today if i have time ..

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Dec 4 2009, 05:31 PM
Learning Roadie
HI pedja i already got 2 takes, one of the lick at 60 bpm and another at 80 bpms.. the next will be at 100 bpm i´ll record it later today and upload my takes biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Dec 4 2009, 10:53 PM

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Dec 4 2009, 10:37 PM
Instructor
Cool Ruben I look forward to the recordings and uploads man!

--------------------

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Dec 4 2009, 11:30 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Dec 4 2009, 09:37 PM) *
Cool Ruben I look forward to the recordings and uploads man!

i´m going to upload them now...=) do you what me to post them on youtube and embed the vids here ???

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Dec 4 2009, 11:32 PM

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Dec 5 2009, 01:00 AM
Learning Roadie
I i already have all the takes i have made a vid with them all and i´m just waiting for youtube to process it .. asap i will embed the vid here wink.gif

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Dec 5 2009, 01:13 AM
Instructor
When you finish it all embed them all here please Ruben smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Dec 5 2009, 12:47 PM
Learning Roadie
Here it is .. the sound is a bit crappy ( the guitar is too sound is to low .. i will fix this in the next vids).. do you mind if i record my Exercises like this (with mi cam´s mic )?? cause it gives a lot more work to use the ux1 since i don´t have my studio monitors yet
.. i have one doubt is there someway to make/ to get backing tracks with the metronome at difrent speeds ??

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Dec 5 2009, 01:36 PM
Learning Roadie
I´ll start practicing the 2nd execise today =) (hope to post the takes by tomorrow)

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Dec 5 2009, 08:34 PM
Learning Roadie
already got the 2nd lick down =)(at 60; 80 and 100 bpm ); gonna try tu push it until 120 bpm .. do you want me to record this ones with the line 6 ux1 ???

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Dec 6 2009, 09:34 AM
Instructor
Ruben with 1st tempo you didn't do so well (it was rushed a lot) but for 2nd and 3rd tempo you did much better so overall impression is good. Try to post it with your line 6 device, lets see how that works out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Dec 7 2009, 12:16 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi pedja, sorry but today i couldn´t use my camera :S so my takes are only in mp3 hope this isn´t a problem :S?? and i don´t know what happend but while use abelton i could hear the metronome pretty loud but after i recorded everything and exported the tracks from ablton the metronome sound got so silent that it´s barely audible :S ( any tips on how can i fix this ??? ) i´m a bit disapointed at this takes cause i couldn´t go faster than 100 bpm .. but i can go up to 120 with the first lick sould i re-record it if i have time ??

Here is the audio of the 3 takes (they are all in the same file=) ):

1st is at 60 bpm
2nd at 80 bpm
3rd at 100 bpm

[attachment=19324:_udio.mp3]

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Dec 7 2009, 10:27 AM
Instructor
Sounds good Ruben. In your free time keep increasing tempos, for time being it is important for you to cover all exercises and do it in the tempos you choose.
I can't help you with your DAW as I never used it but I assume you need to open Midi track and select sidekick sound do quarter notes of it and just loop it however long the exercise is. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Dec 7 2009, 01:45 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Dec 7 2009, 09:27 AM) *
Sounds good Ruben. In your free time keep increasing tempos, for time being it is important for you to cover all exercises and do it in the tempos you choose.
I can't help you with your DAW as I never used it but I assume you need to open Midi track and select sidekick sound do quarter notes of it and just loop it however long the exercise is. smile.gif

thanks, will do that =)

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Dec 7 2009, 04:22 PM
Learning Roadie
HI pedja the next upload will be here any time soon ... =)

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Dec 7 2009, 10:25 PM
Learning Roadie
Here are the recordings of the 3rd lick.. still don´t know how to put the metonome in the tracks =S

[attachment=19354:l3_80_bpm.mp3]

[attachment=19355:lick_3_100_bpm.mp3]

[attachment=19361:Lick_3_120_bpm_new.mp3]

Hope they sound nice biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Dec 8 2009, 02:40 AM

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Dec 8 2009, 02:59 AM
Learning Roadie
Update : so i´m now going at the 4th lick this one is the hardst ive done so far cause i have to change strings i can´t get very fast at it :S but i ´m gonna practice some more and we will see what i can do =)

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Dec 8 2009, 02:59 AM

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Dec 8 2009, 12:00 PM
Instructor
Ruben very good work!
1st and 2nd tempos are great. You are having trouble with 120bpm. Try to do it clean and clear at 105 then go for 110 then 115 and then tackle 120. I am sure you will have it down in less then a week if you do it that way.
Looking forward to 4th example!

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:58 AM