Lynyrd Skynyrd - Pronounced Leh-nerd Skin-nerd
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Feb 12 2008, 08:01 PM
Learning Rock Star
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...kin-nerd_Review

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 13)
Gen
Feb 12 2008, 08:11 PM
GMC:er
Great review! smile.gif Gotta love this band, "Free Bird" never gets old biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Feb 12 2008, 08:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
Haha true enough, I love Lynyrd Skynyrd smile.gif It's too bad I never got a chance to see them sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 12 2008, 11:27 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
As typical as it is too say this, the solos in free bird are amazing smile.gif

+Quote Post
Slammer
Feb 12 2008, 11:39 PM
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Feb 12 2008, 02:15 PM) *
Haha true enough, I love Lynyrd Skynyrd smile.gif It's too bad I never got a chance to see them sad.gif

You could go see them on April 19th when they are in Detroit... I don't think thats too far away from ya. unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Feb 12 2008, 11:45 PM
Learning Rock Star
Haha I mean the original Lynyrd Skynyrd, with Ronnie Van Zant (R.I.P) Van Zant, Steve Gaines, Cassie Gaines, 2 co-pilots and their manager all died in a plane crash in 1977 sad.gif It just wouldnt be the same.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Iron King
Feb 12 2008, 11:50 PM
you're right when you say the guitar on this album is not comparable to Paul Gilbert and Marty Friedman... the guitar on this album is much better.

THIS IS THE GREATEST ALBUM EVER MADE
and that's coming from a metal/hard rock fan

The album has extremely moving songs, as well as a lot of high energy southern rock

-Simple Man
-Tuesday's Gone
-Gimme Three Steps
-Sweet Home Alabama
-****ing FREE BIRD

how can you beat that?!

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Feb 12 2008, 11:53 PM
Learning Rock Star
Put simply, you can't smile.gif And yeah, those are ALL incredible songs. If you haven't picked up their second album "Second Helping" you should, its good too wink.gif

Edit: Btw Iron King, Sweet Home Alabama is on Second Helping, not this one smile.gif

This post has been edited by Stevie·Ray·Vaughn: Feb 12 2008, 11:53 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slammer
Feb 12 2008, 11:54 PM
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Feb 12 2008, 05:45 PM) *
Haha I mean the original Lynyrd Skynyrd, with Ronnie Van Zant (R.I.P) Van Zant, Steve Gaines, Cassie Gaines, 2 co-pilots and their manager all died in a plane crash in 1977 sad.gif It just wouldnt be the same.

laugh.gif Yeah I knew all that ^^

But, would you ever go to a "Modern" Lynyrd Skynyrd concert if you had the Chance? or it would be too sad? sad.gif sad.gif

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Feb 12 2008, 11:56 PM
Learning Rock Star
Well, I have a live cd of them from 1997, and a DVD from 1999, but they just aren't the same as the original. I was never alive for Van Zant's era, but still. But yeah, if they came to Canada I'd go see them, but not a far drive, the modern Skynyrd isnt worth it. I would fly seas to see Ronnie Van Zant's Skynyrd smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Iron King
Feb 12 2008, 11:57 PM
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Feb 12 2008, 05:53 PM) *
Put simply, you can't smile.gif And yeah, those are ALL incredible songs. If you haven't picked up their second album "Second Helping" you should, its good too wink.gif

Edit: Btw Iron King, Sweet Home Alabama is on Second Helping, not this one smile.gif

hmmm that's weird
all my Lynyrd Skynyrd songs were ripped directly off the real CDs and it clearly says Sweet Home Alabama in pronounced

is it possible the CD had wrong info on it?

anyway, I'm gonna go request a sourthern rock lesson... after I search for existing lessons that is

thanks for the info btw

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Feb 12 2008, 11:59 PM
Learning Rock Star
Well, on the inside cover of Second Helping, theres a whole story behind Sweet Home Alabama, and how it wasn't even suposed to be on the 2nd album .. but it was .. maybe youre right, and you just got the wrong information off the cd?

--------------------

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Feb 13 2008, 12:31 AM
Great review. I agree with everything...but I do dislike Freebird. It just seems to go on forever and forever and ever....I can only stand to listen to it like once every year. laugh.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Feb 13 2008, 12:36 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (SLASH91 @ Feb 12 2008, 11:31 PM) *
Great review. I agree with everything...but I do dislike Freebird. It just seems to go on forever and forever and ever....I can only stand to listen to it like once every year. laugh.gif

Haha Ive heard that before laugh.gif To each his own smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:27 PM