Bought An Acoustic Guitar For My Cousin
Mertay
Jul 9 2015, 11:42 PM
GMC:er
Selecting one, specially at a higher price point to me is harder than an electric guitar.

Things like string condition, environment has such influence on the tone which makes it harder to choose. Then as tone, one can be beautifully brighter while the other can have richer warmth...and both can sound nicely balanced biggrin.gif

Since I imagine mostly strong chord based tonal responce with an acoustic guitar, I've always liked traditional shapes compared to ovations or with cutaways. Never cared if it had preamps though admit the high-end ones can sound really good when directly connected to the mixer.

As it was for my cousin and I knew what he listened and will play, it was easier for me to direct him to the right guitar but to be honest if I wanted to buy one I'd have a hard time selecting the best smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mertay: Jul 9 2015, 11:43 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 11 2015, 01:34 AM
GMC:er
Congrats to him!! Got a picture of the guitar?

QUOTE (Mertay @ Jul 9 2015, 06:42 PM) *
Selecting one, specially at a higher price point to me is harder than an electric guitar.

Things like string condition, environment has such influence on the tone which makes it harder to choose. Then as tone, one can be beautifully brighter while the other can have richer warmth...and both can sound nicely balanced biggrin.gif

Since I imagine mostly strong chord based tonal responce with an acoustic guitar, I've always liked traditional shapes compared to ovations or with cutaways. Never cared if it had preamps though admit the high-end ones can sound really good when directly connected to the mixer.

As it was for my cousin and I knew what he listened and will play, it was easier for me to direct him to the right guitar but to be honest if I wanted to buy one I'd have a hard time selecting the best smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:50 PM