> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Tommy M's Thread, for Gab's Army
Tommy M
Feb 15 2015, 09:21 PM
Learning Rodie
jesus christXD my mom just mailed me the most embarrassing thing ever, a 15 year old recording from my band i had back then..... i facepalm, get all warm and red in the face even though im alone listening to it....
its that bad, but god damn the memories, drinking beer recording all intruments live with like 4 mics.

singing false, playing wrong, everything messed up but at the time beeing we thought it was awesomeXD

ahhh shit

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 17 2015, 07:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Tommy M @ Feb 15 2015, 04:00 PM) *
yeah james is sick.
tried to do some downpick tonight as well, but my arm is sore so i better rest, stamina is down the drain, ha ha.

tried to make an easy lick with sweep picking and i ended up with one that does a down sweep over 4 strings then alternate on high e few times then up 2 strings and repeat. realised after a while it was the exact intro of the nintendo 8bit game ducktales, moon themeXD

anyway, chilling doing sweeppicking tonigt, resting my muscles:P

Cool, please share a video of you playing sweep picking to let me check your right hand movement. In the case of down picking, yes, it need a lot of training to be able to keep on playing the technique fast for a while. James can play it for minutes without any problem, he is a demon. It's interesting to analyze his right hand in that video. You will notice an aggressive write movement that makes him reach the string even with more intensity and maybe that's part of the trick to be able to play for more time... check the video in detail.

QUOTE (Tommy M @ Feb 15 2015, 05:21 PM) *
jesus christXD my mom just mailed me the most embarrassing thing ever, a 15 year old recording from my band i had back then..... i facepalm, get all warm and red in the face even though im alone listening to it....
its that bad, but god damn the memories, drinking beer recording all intruments live with like 4 mics.

singing false, playing wrong, everything messed up but at the time beeing we thought it was awesomeXD

ahhh shit

hehehe that's so nice mate! These are documents that are part of of heart. I can really get what you feel since I've also have some very old demos and recording of my first music projects and jams with friends. And we also thought we were great! hahaha laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Tommy M
Feb 18 2015, 09:46 PM
Learning Rodie
Im subbed again!

gonna start some lessons tomorrow.

the thing i like to do is lessons way above my current level of playing skill.
i like when its really hard and sounds impossible to play and slowly i actually can play it.
that takes a long time though and i cant really show progress since i cant do it right yet. but i need the challenge to stay motivated.

right now i decided though to focus on making a sweep pick video, i just do this one solo lick kind of thing im trying to make a song with, pretty basic but new to me. reminds me a lot of slash. gnr was my band, i dressed like Axl, and tried to sing like him as well, must have been horrible for my momXD
cried when they had sold out the concert in sweden in like 93-96. axl used to be my idol, now i wish he was just quiet or something.

i still kind of pick the notes with my hand when sweeping down (think its cause i do it so slow now) but try to avoid it and move the arm instead, dunno whats right really.

also been playing the rise againt lesson and gonna focus on that one now for rec take, video of sweeping hand and then the skate punk and pop punk solo to keep me motivated.

I also work everything else i mentioned but somehow i over worked my shoulder and it burns really fast which is boring.
using the classic position a lot now which im not used to at all but it stresses my shoulder a lot less

take care mate

This post has been edited by Tommy M: Feb 18 2015, 09:49 PM

+Quote Post
Tommy M
Feb 19 2015, 03:21 AM
Learning Rodie
Deleted

This post has been edited by Tommy M: Feb 19 2015, 02:24 PM

+Quote Post
Tommy M
Feb 19 2015, 01:49 PM
Learning Rodie
Im about to break something....
the luthier called and he cant fix the guitar since the screw inside the neck is broken in the screw driver hole thing, asked me if i had tried myself, which i havent.
Sigh, gonna have to call thomann now and solve it somehow...
they dont even have that guitar listed anymore, think i bought the last one...

might be without guitar for several months now.
so fucking awesome, resubbed yesterday and im itching to play. im about to start crying almost cause im so pissed

This post has been edited by Tommy M: Feb 19 2015, 01:56 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 19 2015, 02:03 PM
Instructor
Hi Tommy! I'm sorry to hear this! Is this a new guitar? If it's new you should go to the store and ask for a change. If they don't have the same guitar, go for other one similar.

If this is not possible, you'll need a new guitar but in the meantime you could maybe borrow one. There are always guitars that are there at homes of people who doesn't use it.

I hope that you can solve this soon.

I checked your song and wou! That surely sounds as good or maybe better than Green Day and Blink 182 first demos so you have something there. You should continue working and recording your own songs. I can notice that you have lots of experiences and things to say, so why wouldn't you convert this stories into songs. You could use a multitrack software and some virtual instruments to record your own demos, have you ever experimented with it?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Tommy M
Feb 19 2015, 02:20 PM
Learning Rodie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 19 2015, 02:03 PM) *
Hi Tommy! I'm sorry to hear this! Is this a new guitar? If it's new you should go to the store and ask for a change. If they don't have the same guitar, go for other one similar.

If this is not possible, you'll need a new guitar but in the meantime you could maybe borrow one. There are always guitars that are there at homes of people who doesn't use it.

I hope that you can solve this soon.

I checked your song and wou! That surely sounds as good or maybe better than Green Day and Blink 182 first demos so you have something there. You should continue working and recording your own songs. I can notice that you have lots of experiences and things to say, so why wouldn't you convert this stories into songs. You could use a multitrack software and some virtual instruments to record your own demos, have you ever experimented with it?

I should not be allowed to use internet when drunk, that was the 10-15 years old recording:P
If i recorded somthing sounding like that today i wouldnt post it.

And about the guitar i bought it from germany and live in sweden so cant just walk there, and i know no active people who play guitar at all....
theyre all parents, sold their stuff and we dont really talk anymore.
And yes it was new, got it from my dad as a birthday gift in december..
Mailing thomann atm, gonna push this thing so it happens fast.

The only guitar in that price range is a completely different brand.
Mine was an esp ltd and i loved the neck, the only other guitar is a jacksson, or a ibaneze, and i dont know but think the necks are very different. the only music store in my town doesnt carry any known brands for some reason, just weird names noone ever heard of, i live in a 20k town so not much to choose from .i only go there to buy plectrums and strings, he sucks really.
i also need a non floating bridge to be able to tune so i had to look at a lot of guitars before i found this one since almost every guitar has floyd rose.
that doesnt work for my needs.

About recording, yeah i try to learn some software but have to learn absolutely everything myself from scratch so it takes time.
Im have very basic knowledge of DAWs, just switched from cracked cubase to reaper so i can have an original program, also newer and 64bit instead of 32, what gets me stuck is that i have no skill at all to make drums, i use eazy drummer 2 and addictive drums atm with premade samples basicly.

tried out superior drummer but clicking midi makes me so bored and i suck at it to, have no imagination when it comes to drums.
Bought a starter kit mic couple years ago so have one of those, just cant practice singing at home cause of whiny fucking neighbours.
its a rode nt1-a so its a descent mic i think.

Oh well, ill update tonight how its going

This post has been edited by Tommy M: Feb 19 2015, 02:30 PM

+Quote Post
Tommy M
Feb 20 2015, 01:56 PM
Learning Rodie
Got it back and took pictures of the screw, talked to thomann 10-40 days not included delivery times....
hopefully i get a new guitar of the same model which would be way faster and im gonna push for that.

Calling them today again.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 20 2015, 02:30 PM
Instructor
Ok, so those are good news at least. Ltd guitars are really cool, what model exactly?

During this time, you could develop some other skills related to music:

- Recording and mixing your demo songs with software.
- Ear training
- Composition
- Theory

These are things that take time to learn and you can use this time without guitar to progress on them.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Tommy M
Feb 20 2015, 11:25 PM
Learning Rodie
yeah but since i have adhad and no medication that works still, this last medication made me feel like shit and hate my life so i quit after a week. last one avaiable to. i feel better withouth its just my fucking mind keeps drifting away, im not stupid, did a test it showed 122 IQ. but i just have mproblem staying focused in the moment, and reading stuff and not actually doing it and having fun just doesnt do it for me. gonna try though.

To me reading a scale without playing it is like greek.

one thing on the upside, we looked it up, i talked to thomann today and it seems to me with dubbel action drawbar ( is it called that? ) cant be remover without major work so im hoping for a new guitar the same model since thomann.de got it back in stock now.

Model is wow long number, it costs 275 euro and is an esp, might be easier to find, otherwise its an ESP LTD MH-100QM NT STBC.

to me forever is everyday, i have the guitar atm aned the strings feels awesome, really like them, i ended up choosingl, daddarion medium top/heavy bottom 052 042 030 018 014 011. since they 0offered same gauges as im comfortable with from earnieball powerslinkies for the top 3 strings and a step thicker i the lower ones.

love the feel i got to say, feels like its made for me. and can downtune without to floppy strings as well, drop c was ok before but still floppy, also the at the gates songs are b wich was plauyable but had to be so gentle it got tensedk, guess they might be as ok as drop c now kind of.:_P

Anyway, gonna have to send mail on monday with pictures, then theyll send me exactly how to return the guitar, then send it to a factory, they will decide if ill get a new one or if they will fix it, sucks balls if they repair it and send it back when i bought a brand new guitar though. i want a brand new guitar, my father payed for a new guitar, you should never have to repair something new right? í come to think manufactering problem might have been the reason for my tuning issues as well. i thought i was retarded.

anyway, just resubbed which sucks cause cant do nothing atm screamed my lungs out few hours ago out of frustration so probably gonna get complaints from neighbours this monday as well....XD

dunno what to say, i was so excited to be able to get started again with a guitar that feels and sounds good and it alll went to shit...

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 21 2015, 09:20 PM
Instructor
Hi Tommy, I can really get what you feel. I believe that things happen for any reason so maybe destiny is telling that you need to use this time for anything else.

Please stay calm and take your time to think on what you'll do during this days without guitar. As I said previously, there are many music related things that you can do, but you can also dedicate it to read, watch movies, learn about music marketing, start your own website or blog related to music. Go out for a journey, meet some old friends or relative that you rarely see... trust me, if you decided that music will be with you forever, a month is not forever, there are many things to do.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 06:20 AM