What tuner to use?
Lurch
Jun 28 2006, 09:28 PM
GMC:er
:sun
Ive been playing for 2 years now (self taught). I know how to tune drop D and drop C. But I want to tune my guitar like this, B F# B E G# C# but i have no clue how i could do this :think . My tuner only tunes E A D G B E. IT also tunes my guitar down 1/2 a step and 1 whole step. Do I need a better tuner? If so what is the best one to get to fit my needs? Or is it really easy to tune like that and im just stupid?

The tuner i am using is SEIKO ST737.

Thanks for your help

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DanielM
Jun 28 2006, 10:23 PM
use your tuner to tune the two B's and the E.

hold down the 7th fret on the low B string to get the F# and use that to tune the next string.

hold down the 4th fret on the E string to get the G# then use that to tune the next.

hold down the 5th fret on the G# string to get C# then use that note to tune the last string.

that's how i would do it anyway. i think thats right anyway.
by the way why do you want to tune it like that out of interest.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Lurch
Jun 29 2006, 02:30 PM
Thanks mate.I wanted to try a slipknot kind of sound.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:50 PM