Attachments To Pms, How to do this?
JamesT
Jan 13 2010, 06:16 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Does anyone know how to make attachments to PMs?

Berlinski:
If you read this, you'll know why there were no attachments to your recent PM.
Attached below is the preset that you requested. I hope it works for your application. Let me know if I can be of further help.

[attachment=19876:Shred.l6t]

Jim.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 13 2010, 09:55 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Same way you attached the file to this post. If you don't have that for PM's I'm guessing it's just for instrictors and such.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
JamesT
Jan 13 2010, 05:11 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Hmmm. I looked all around for a way to upload a file and the "Manage Current Attachments" when replying to my email and couldn't find anything. I'll check again I guess. Can someone confirm this?

--------------------

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Jan 13 2010, 05:45 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
I was able to copy and paste a link from my attachment manager and PM it to you. But, I had to have already uploaded the attachment into a thread. Seems like a weak work-around, but it works (weakly).

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
JamesT
Jan 13 2010, 10:29 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Thanks Purple. I got your bass track in the attachment! smile.gif

I'll give this a try when I get home from work.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 16 2010, 04:10 PM
Instructor
When I open the messenger window there's a "browse" and "upload" button at the bottom. Just like when you want to post in the forum.

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Darknodar123
Jan 16 2010, 04:13 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Jan 16 2010, 05:10 PM) *
When I open the messenger window there's a "browse" and "upload" button at the bottom. Just like when you want to post in the forum.

Yeah that applies only to instructors smile.gif

I remember asking an instructor why I cant upload in pms and he said I probably cant smile.gif

Cant we tell Kris or someone from the team to put that green upload button to regular members?

This post has been edited by Darknodar123: Jan 16 2010, 04:23 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jan 16 2010, 05:06 PM
Get to da Chopper!
It makes sense that this facility isn't available, otherwise GMC could be bogged down by people swapping their files privately and uploading it all to GMC-if every member did this then i'm sure there'd be server issues. Not to mention that if any of those files were copyrighted then Kris could be landed in it by storing it on his servers.

An easy work around is to use a service such as rapidshare or yousendit and paste the link into your PM!

+Quote Post
JamesT
Jan 16 2010, 06:22 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
No worries here. Plenty of workarunds for this. I was able to send this to Robin.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:03 AM