Lovely Old Amp At Friend's Shop
Phil66
Nov 10 2017, 09:37 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Took my Baja Tele in for a super set up by my friend and walked into this beauty. Apparently there is one for sale in Denmark Street for more money but it has odd knobs and hasn't had a full service. This one has been sent off for a full service and clean. It's solid state but I do like it.

Same as used by the Beatles http://www.voxshowroom.com/uk/amp/defiant1.html

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Phil66
Nov 19 2017, 10:39 AM
Well I like it anyway tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 19 2017, 03:20 PM
GMC:er
I also liked the design, knob placemets and overall appearence is really cool. No idea about sound but not being tube doesn't mean anything bad for me before trying.

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Nov 19 2017, 04:42 PM
GMC:er
I impressed that it seems to be in near mint condition.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 19 2017, 06:14 PM
Instructor
It looks great! I love it Phil. Could you try it and hear how it sounds and feels?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 19 2017, 07:00 PM
I nearly bought it for the retro looks alone, it comes with that original chrome trolley too.

Gab, I'm still too shy to play in the shop biggrin.gif

Here is a video from YT of someone with the same amp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc8D5jHEJcg

And here is a very interesting documentary about Vox
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54s3386KZVI

This post has been edited by Phil66: Nov 19 2017, 07:09 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:32 PM