Help Needed
tonyparnham
Nov 4 2009, 07:40 PM
GMC:er
I have just bought an Ibanez Prestige rg2550mz-GW, its a lovely guitar and the fretboard and Action is to die for but I am having trouble as my sleeves (clothing) keeps getting caught at the back where the fine tuners are located and even though I've got it to its lowest point its driving me up the wall when I go for the arm or a right hand hammer (I know it sounds frivolous but I'm at the point of selling it).
The trem system is the Edge Zero type (newish type) accompanied at the back by the Zero Point system.
Can anyone tell me if the "Edge Pro" will fit into this system as it may be my answer. ( Please don't suggest rolling my sleeves up)
Regards Tony

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by tonyparnham: Nov 4 2009, 07:42 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 4 2009, 11:57 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (tonyparnham @ Nov 4 2009, 07:40 PM) *
( Please don't suggest rolling my sleeves up)

Wear a t-shirt wink.gif

I suppose you could take a shot and put the queation to Ibanez support. Of if you can find if the studs are the same dimension and same distance. The cavity can always be worked.

P.S I checked the spare parts list. Both the Edge zero and the Edge Pro (Parts No. /2EL1J11K) are available for your guitar so a spontanious guess is that they will both fit. (I don't think manufacturers like to complaicate things on their part)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Nov 5 2009, 12:02 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Edge Pro won't fit.....I would suggest playing with short sleeve shirts. laugh.gif I have the same guitar.....at least and Edge Zero equipped guitar.....AWESOME trem.........

+Quote Post
vampire18
Nov 5 2009, 12:31 AM
Learning Rock Star
i have exact same guitar and i dont have that problem, wierd. its a great guitar thogh, you say youll sell it but im pretty sure you wont find something to match it at that price.

--------------------

+Quote Post
tonyparnham
Nov 5 2009, 09:43 AM
Thank you guys for this information, between you, you have answered my question nicely.
Regards Tony

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Nov 7 2009, 07:30 AM
Man, that's a great guitar. Are you seriously thinking to buy it for that problem?. I'd think it twice.

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Nov 8 2009, 11:37 AM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
If you are happy with the guitar in general then it would be stupid to sell it if all you have to do is roll up your sleves. Yes, I know this is not the advice you wanted to have, but either wearing something with short sleeves or rolling them up will immediately solve your problem, so why get rid of a good guitar???

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:45 PM