> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Guitar Chords Lesson 1 - key of C, Lesson By David OToole
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Farine54
Jun 21 2015, 03:16 PM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Guitar Chords Lesson 1 - key of C by David OToole

Hello, I'm new on GMC and i salute you from France, i'm happy to be with you. So it's my first vidéo created and it's make with a smartphone, i don't have another camera to do it, sorry for this one. I'm not speaking very well english and I hope that i will not have too much difficulty to understand you, thanks to use simply words. I'm not a absolute beginner, but i don't know my level so i prefer to start from the beginning because i'm a self-educated and i think i have probably big defaults. Thank you for your judgments.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 21 2015, 10:22 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hey Farine54, welcome to GMC and REC zone! smile.gif

I have checked your take in details and compared it with the original lesson.
You did a very good job with this one and the main goal of the lesson which is learning how to fret and play chords in the key of C is achieved.

I have not given the perfect grade as there are some details which I think would be good to work on and focus from the start as they can grow into bigger problems later on :

- You don't feel as relaxed and confident on all the chord changes in terms of when you should strum the strings with your right hand. Your strumming motion faster comparing it to the instructor in the lesson, this is probably because you are not yet confident with timing and when you should go for the strum so the speed of the strum itself varies depending on if you are early or late in timing.

- There is a tendency to play in front of the beat (0:13 ; 0:31 ; 0:47 etc). This simply means you are rushing. Now, that is perfectly normal and happens to everyone when there is a video recording going on. To match the original lesson (and to practice and important skill), try to be a bit later and strum the chords exactly on top of the beat or slightly behind it.

- 1:27 - fret buzz when fretting down the chord. This can be caused by either not pressing down accurately on the string or using too much force when pressing down so that string starts to hit the adjacent fret when vibrating. This is just a minor thing.

Overall, congrats on learning these chords, being able to play the chords in tune and managing changes successfully.
Looking forward to your new REC submissions.

Recording tip: your video is great. My suggestion would be to slightly lower the volume of the backing track so that we can more accurately hear your playing.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 22 2015, 03:23 PM
Instructor
Hi farine, great job with this lesson!

I think that Bogdan marked all the details that you need to polish to get a flawless take, and as you can see you are very close to do it. Your chords sound consistent and you look comfortable with most of them. You are ready to start working on some new lessons that incorporate strumming while changing chords to see how your rhythm is, and how it affects the chord changes.

I recommend you to explore the first lessons from this series:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/lessonser...ginners-Corner/

And off course, let us know if you need help or assistance.

Keep on the good job!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jun 23 2015, 09:57 AM
Instructor
Hey there and wellcome in the REC section smile.gif It's great to be brave to post the take in it will surely help to get some proper feedback.

First of all it's very important to have your guitar enough loud comparing to the backing track, so we could capture all the details. In this video guitar is definitely too quiet.

Main target of the lesson has been achieved - you know where to place the chords and chords changes go pretty smooth. Like Bogdan said - you go a bit to fast with your picking hand. Those trokes should be more "arpeggio like" - less nervous (slower) and just a slight later (now those are in front of the beat)

+Quote Post
Fran
Jul 2 2015, 11:34 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Welcome smile.gif

Pass: 9

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 05:35 AM