Parallel Infinities - From Pre-production To Master
The Uncreator
Feb 5 2012, 08:05 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
So I am going to be doing the official recording for my album "Parallel Infinities" pretty soon. Along the way, probably 8-10 months in total work, I will be doing videos for pre-production, mixing, mastering, recording all that cool stuff. And this thread I am going to keep updated for anyone who would like to see the progress.

First video is a intro/solo in 13/16 and 5/8 for the first song on the album. Thanks to Alex for helping with thinking about this the right way, instead of rearranging the drums to fit better, I kept them, and rearranged my attack and phrasing, thinking in small sections at a time, and it turned out much better! Here it is

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 5 2012, 08:36 PM
Instructor
Wou! It's great to let us follow all the process of your album mate! I wish you all the best with this project and you can count with me if you need some feedback or help! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 5 2012, 08:40 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Any feedback is appreciated! I was wondering about whether to harmonize parts of the solo or not, I'm pretty sure on the tone for it, I used an "Orange" head which has a really nice warmth to it, makes me want to own the thing myself.

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Feb 6 2012, 06:31 AM
Instructor
Sounds good! I am glad that my advice was helpful! Very interesting thread! Looking forward for more stuff!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Feb 6 2012, 06:31 AM
Instructor
Sounds good! I am glad that my advice was helpful! Very interesting thread! Looking forward for more stuff!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 6 2012, 07:05 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Feb 5 2012, 04:40 PM) *
Any feedback is appreciated! I was wondering about whether to harmonize parts of the solo or not, I'm pretty sure on the tone for it, I used an "Orange" head which has a really nice warmth to it, makes me want to own the thing myself.

Well, the intro effects and electronic ideas are so interesting and fresh! There are some timing issues in the clean melodies that should be fixed for the final track. Regarding the harmonization, I don't feel that the melodies really need it.... maybe you could add some octaves or any thirds but in 1 or 2 phrases, not all the time.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 6 2012, 08:06 AM
Instructor
Uh man! Looking forward to see what you're cooking in there biggrin.gif I agree with Gabe about the timing - try to get it more tight and fitting with the electronics. The ideas are all good though, so now it's just coming down to recording till you get them straight perfect! Best of luck mate!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:22 AM